“Training for Front Desk staff”

Sarabia Manor Hotel
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Iloilo City
Chino Hills, California
“Training for Front Desk staff”
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Sarabia Manor Hotel price rates for rooms are reasonable enough.However Front Liners needs a lot of proper customer service training.several times I went to the front desk i have to catch their attention when in fact they were not busy at all.Bell boys are even better in dealing with guests.Rooms are so-so but just like I said its good enough for the price you paid.Daily buffet breakfast are not great but will appeal to your hungry stomach.Pool is great big and clean.internet connection was bad.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank dimpledude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Scotland
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We arrived at the Sabaria Manor hotel without a reservation, so we were pleased when the hotel told us they could accomodate us and checked in. The portering staff were the most welcoming and helpful out of all the staff we encountered, although some, but not all, of the reception staff appeared to 'smell the coffee'.

We booked into an executive room for a 2 night stay. I have to admit I was more than a little disappointed with the size and standard of the room as the Sabaria, we were told, is reckoned to be the best hotel in Iloilo.

It was, however, obvious that this hotel does not cater efficiently for the western needs and this was certainly reflected by the selection of breakfast food. We were unable to eat even1 item, but we have stayed in many Filipino hotels who cater for every nationality.

We encountered more disappointment and annoyance at the Sabaria. We have travelled around almost every country on Earth and have stayed in plenty of hotels. Surely, the main purpose of a hotel is to provide safe and comfortable accomodation for the weary traveller, guests or holidaymakers. The pillow (yes, singular) on the bed of the Sabaria are extremely small and lack filling, therefore, not high enough to support the head, causing an uncomfortable night's rest (or unrest as the case may be). On our first night we asked at the reception for an extra pillow. The receptionist, who looked astonished at the request, informed us that we had been provided with a pillow. When I explained we needed an additional pillow she advised me that one could be provided when an additional payment was received. I could not believe what I was listening to. The Sabaria hotel, which has received tourism awards are asking for money for an extra pillow! This is the first time we have ever been asked to pay for a pillow. Then in the morning we would have to give it back, so in effect we are buying the pillow ! We would have been better going to a shop and buying 2 pillows, then they would have been ours to keep! I have never, ever heard the likes of paying a hotel for a pillow. I know that some things are stolen from hotels maybe as souveniers...but a pillow!

I have rated the service as 2 stars but these belong to the portering staff only.

I have rated the sleep quality 1 star only because it will not rate a zero.

After reading other reviews I think there must be a need for receptionist retraining but then again, you can only be retrained if you have received training in the first place.

Having said that, there are good dining facilities around this hotel in the form of a complex.

Any thoughts from reviewers?

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dunliScotland

Travelers are raving about these Iloilo City hotels

Gulf Coast Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Booked a double room for 5 nights. Arrived at night and we were so ready to just sleep,the lobby seemed nice. But upon exit from the elevator on our floor WOW! awful moldy, dirty carpet and walls. Also very dark hallways , just dingy and not maintained. Ask for a room with a pool veiw and we were given one,she told us at the desk it had a balcony so I was looking forward to that. Open glass door and on the balcony and all the others around us ,air con commpressers SO LOUD ! you could hear it with the door closed and you are unable to use the balcony.
The bed sheets were dirty and all the furnishings badly worn and or broken(lights dont work or are burned out) just sad. Then the bathroom DIRTY DIRTY mold and hair everywhere one bulb lighting fixture again very disappointing.
So we had plans with and we were not going to be in hotel that much so we stuck it out for 2 nights and moved to Westown hotel. I wont even go into the service at Sarabia it was deplorable and so bad I could write a book. AVOID THIS DUMP !!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank tpaceb
Laguna
Reviewed February 20, 2010

When you hear the name Sarabia Manor Hotel, what comes first into your mind? Maybe you will think that " Wow!, sounds like a very very good hotel ". But it's not!

From Manila, I've been doing a lot of research about where to stay in IloIlo and found this place in the city center. So I booked ahead of schedule. We arrived in IloIlo and was picked up from the Airport to the hotel which is nice. Transportation can be arranged by the hotel. You will just need to pay 800 pesos or they can be add it to your hotel bills.

When we arrived at the hotel, All I can say was wow! it was really good from the outside point of view. Wondering if its also good inside. We went to the reception and get a standard room which is the cheapest in the hotel. We are only staying for a night because we are bound to Antique the following day, so we dont really need fancy room.

When we went to a our room, I was surprised by how bad the room was. The aircon was very noisy. The beds were sleepable but not comfortable. The pillows were so tough that the next day I had a stiff neck. lol!

I found the bathroom just ok. It's like the same normal bathroom in an ordinary place. Thats what reminded me of their bathroom.

The buffet breakfast was ok, nothing extraordinary . Everywhere you looked you can tell that the place was not maintained very well.

I don't know what happened to the hotel but I'm sure this place was very good before but now the sparkle is fading away slowly.

All in all, this place is ok but it didn't stop us from enjoying Ilo-Ilo. I would advise visitors to make further research and check your budget as well as there are so many hotels to consider that will surely fit your budget.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angelo_The_Explorer
USA
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I'll have to join the negative comments on this hotel. Stayed there 3 nights and will never stay again. Hotel looks nice from the outside and the lobby is fine. Hallways are very musty/moldy, room was shabby with old beat-up furniture, bath was moldy and barely adequate. Carpeting in the room was worn, patched, ridiculously poorly installed and the overall impression was depressing. One nice thing....the outdoor pool was very good indeed. Not many hotel choices in Iloilo but definitely give this one a miss.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Blix99
uk
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Staying in sarabia in times of brown out is a real nightmare!They got a noisy generator creates a nasty fumes enough to kill someone while asleep.not an eco friendly place to be,nice pillars outside but bad inside.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
United,Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Everytime I go home to Phils.. I stayed in Sarabia Manor Hotel..The hotel is ok..,they always reserved me a better Room as I always stay in this Hotel...The pool is OK..& as the food I always eat outside the Hotel...But..,the Breakfast is Not really as good..and I could suggest they must improved it... I also been in those Luxery Hotels in Different Countries when I traveled which is real Good & Excellent in everything..
And I could say Hotels in iloilo are trying their best...but sometimes it is Not as what we Expect..,or sometimes things they done are better for them..but Not for us... .From: Joy.. United,Kingdom

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple