“The place is nice.”

Sarabia Manor Hotel
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Iloilo City
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed in the hotel side for 2 nights . I was upgraded since the travellers room I got from Agoda website were occupied . I asked for airport pickup through Agoda and it turned out they did not recieved my request so I took a taxi to go there . Taxoi costs only P246 but I gave P300 to the driver . It turned out , had I been picked up by the hotels van , I would be charged P800 for the service .. Sarabia has a pension side at the back of the main hotel which when I asked costs a lot cheaper than the main hotel fronting the street which I had . I checked in their breakfast buffet , for extra P275 , is not worth it . Their dinner buffet is not worth it either . The service by the front desk as well as the bell boy Joseph are excellent . Also since its by the highway as people calls it jeepney ride is easy and very cheap . To go to Molo only by jeepney costs P8 only . Taxis are cheap too .

Room Tip: I got a room at the fourth floor looking at the swimming pool and the pension house at the back. The...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank pearl254
There are newer reviews for Sarabia Manor Hotel

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

The hotel looks rundown. Carpet in room is dingy. I asked for a room with a seaside view, I got instead the street view. Upon check in I paid in full my two-night stay and the airport transfers and still the front desk asked for a cash deposit for the privilege of ordering room service. The sliding door in the room had to be fixed by housekeeping because it wouldn't lock. Good thing I checked before I went to bed. Bath tub is stained. Avoid this hotel. It has seen better days.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank abbyaurelia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here last Dec for 3 days and 2 nights! I thought my budget was tight to my surprise they have a promo for 2 nights only for 3.2k. Airport transfer back and forth for free! As I check out I have more money in hands. I was fully satisfied! Clean room! And a mini ref I never expected. Staff were amazing. Everyday room service. Delicious breakfast buffet was included.

Only problem is the WiFi. Only accessible at the lobby while my laptop can detect it. I mean I won't go down the groundfloor just to browse the internet and it's free. Can't I just use it on my room? And also the extend of time. Extending for a couple of hours is worth half of your total price. That is the only sad part of it. Can they just do it half of the original price of 1 night.

But overall. My stay is awesome. Nice location. Mins away from SM Iloilo. Near 24/7 fast food chains. And Freddy's pizza is good :P Just want to mention that. Haha

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Look, if you read a few reviews about the hotel, you'll note that Sarabia may have once been an awesome hotel. My wife's from Iloilo, and recalls how it used to be the place to stay. It's in Iloilo proper, though you will need a taxi to get anywhere.

Well, it's a bit tired, and needs a bit of work. The main lobby is surprisingly small for such a big hotel, but modern, marbled and shiny. The hotel restaurant offers a decent breakfast that could benefit from a few more choices. Upstairs the rooms are clean and a decent size, though the decor is slightly dated. The bathroom is very dated, however, and needs help stat! Old bathtub, runny faucets, sticky shower curtain, etc.

The hotel is a bit stingy with their complimentary coffee and tea, especially after what we paid. Two sachets of SanMig Coffee is all you'll get. And there's no minibar, just an empty fridge eating up power for no reason.

However, the staff are very friendly and courteous, with a quick and ready smile and ready to help. This is Sarabia's best feature. But when the staff are not actively engaged they seem a bit listless and bored, and at times stand around in packs. Dare I say, perhaps Sarabia has too many staff...

The pool is a bit dated as well, and the tiling could do with a refurbishment, or at least a good scrub. If you need to use it, the fitness centre is just terrible. It's in a small dark room by the pool, equipment is old and rusty, and the room could do with a clean. Better than nothing, I guess.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay. I would stay here again, but perhaps would give the newer hotels at Smallville a chance first.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 26, 2013

If you're looking for a hotel with considerable distance to tourist hotspots in the city, then you should check in here. Rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. To introduce yourself a bit to this hotel, you might want to know that the hotel has two wings, the manor part (which is where I was checked in and which is also for budget-conscious travelers) and the corporate(?) wing which has rooms that are a bit expensive. Obviously, I can't comment on the corporate part but the manor part offers the right accommodations for its price. Only con I have is that room service seems to be a bit slow (or is it just because there was a conference on the hotel that day and there were many guest?) and that the food menu in the hotel is limited yet comes at a big price. I sincerely recommend trying restaurants outside the hotel if you want to explore the city and really taste its delicacies and treats. Despite those two cons I mentioned, my experience in this hotel is overall great.

P.S. For those of you trying on the manor part, be advised that this wing contains no elevator, and initial check in would mean tugging along all your luggage through three flights of stairs if you are checked in a third floor room. Luckily, the porters are always very much willing to assist. And, on that note, may I commend the staff for being very kind, helpful, and accommodating!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2013

when my friends and I planned our trip to Iloilo, this hotel was highly recommended to her by another friend. and since Sarabia rings a bell, I myself expected somehow that I would be getting a good comfortable place to stay while in Iloilo.

when we finally reached Iloilo and checked in the hotel, yes, the staff were tremendously polite and very accommodating and would always lend a hand even without being asked to.

however, it was not enough to cover up for the things I have observed in the hotel room amenities:

1. No coffee making facility. It's the only hotel which is supposedly a 3-star or 4-star in that place that only provides bottled water and you still have to call the reception desk to request for your free/complimentary water. And as mentioned, no coffee making facility.

2. The bathroom fixtures are old. The sink has leaks so you would not want to brush your teeth and gargle right on their sink because it drips onto the floor.

3. The bathtub is really old.

4. Breakfast buffet was good but nothing to really look forward to, although it was enough to fill you with the energy before exploring the city.

I have no complaints with regard to the service, it was exceptional. It was the room per se that I am disappointed of.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Ok so I was forced to stay in Iloilo for a night with a work colleague and the company has booked us a room in Sarabia Manor. Back in Manila, we heard the hotel is haunted, well at least according to my colleagues who had already stayed there for a night or two. So during the plane ride to Iloilo, we did some "research" and asked few Ilonggos if they know Sarabia Manor. They said it is a very old 5-star hotel built somewhere between 60's-70's and is one of the first hotels ever built in Iloilo. Discontented with the info, we asked some employees from Iloilo airport upon arrival, and according to them it is indeed true that a number of guests had claimed to experience hauntings in Sarabia especially on 3rd and 4th floors. And just months ago, a lone male guest in the hotel untimely checked out a day after checking in, when he was supposed to stay for a week, because the faucet opened on its own. We proceeded to the hotel anyway. On the outside it seems like a prestigious hotel. Upon entering you will be welcomed by a very huge lobby and a giant hall that leads to the hotel restaurant. Simply put, seems like this hotel was once extravagant but have now lost its glory, which is evident in the dusty hallway carpets, unmaintained walls and worn out facilities. The elevator is vintage and has a weird creaking sound and smells old. Though the staff are accommodating, they have this gloomy outlook. But nonetheless they were ok. So we were given room 4022 and was escorted by a bellboy. Needless to say ours is on the 4th floor. Me and my colleague were not talking at this point. It was a moment of silence. Upon entering the elevator we briefly asked the bellboy, "Is our room OK?" And he replied, "Yes, ma'am. The haunted room is 4---, not 4022." We were delighted by his shrewd response so we kept asking, "Is it true that 4th floor is haunted?" He said, "Not the entire 4th floor, but some rooms on 3rd and 4th, well, yes." As we alight the elevator we learned that our room is beside the fire exit, so we had to walk all the way to the farthest side of the hallway. It felt like you're in the film "The Shining" or the horror game Hotel626. I'm not even kidding -- the hallway to the rooms are the creepiest part as it looks so abandoned for the longest time. There was an awkward air of silence between us three and the walk seemed so long. I got chills on my legs as well, but that might be purely psychological as I was terribly creeped out. When we entered the room it was OK, it's old and dusty but a less creepy than the hallway. The standard room has 2 beds: a queen-sized and a single. The toilet, sink and the tub were tarnished and yellowish and so was the shower curtain. The A/C was vintage and the room is quite big for 2 heads. The furnitures are made of pure wood. It has a lot of unused space which makes it feel a little eerier. There were big mirrors, old paintings and a squeaking closet -- You get the picture. Luckily for us we didn't experience haunting as we stayed outdoors for longer. We used the hotel merely for sleeping and showering. When we got back to Manila we recounted our creepy hotel experience to our colleagues, and one of them recounted hers, according to her she was once sent by the company to stay at Sarabia alone. Amongst 2 beds she occupied the single bed, and was startled when something weighed on one side when she was sleeping (like that when someone will sit or lie down next to you). After various claims from people and our very own experience I look forward to never going back to that hotel ever.

• Stayed: May 2013