The Mansion
Seda Atria(Iloilo City)
$73
Hotel Del Rio(Iloilo City)
$53
$34
  • Breakfast included
Days Hotel Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$43
$35
Agoda.com
Urban Sands Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$47
$40
$29
$24
Agoda.com
Injap Tower Hotel(Iloilo City)
$41
$36
Travelocity
Go Hotels Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$27
$26
$40
$37
  • Breakfast included
$88
$84
Travelocity
Harbor Town Hotel(Iloilo City)
$26
$24
  • Restaurant
All reviewsswimming poolfunction roomsm city mallfreddygenlunaseminaraccessibilitythumbscablejeepney
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Food: The breakfast buffet is nothing to get excited about. Al dente is cheap and provides excellent fare though.

Room: It really depends on the room you take. Traveler's Rooms are horrible, there aren't any electrical outlets where you need them, just beds (with really worn out sheets), TV, aircon (with a remote that doesn't work) and a shower. My roommate said that the water is really hard to adjust and got scalded as a result. On our second day we moved to the 4th floor and it was much better (meaning, passable). The room had a balcony (with a noisy split type aircon), a ref, and bathtub. The beds were also much nicer and newer.

Service: When we moved rooms, the bellboy took all our stuff over. I happened to leave my soap in a tupperware behind, and afterwards nobody could find it anymore. Very odd. Also, we had to remind housekeeping to give us three bottles of water (we paid for an additional bed). They wanted to charge it to us. Imagine that! Even the hotel slippers are charged, too.

Others: We also got stuck in the elevator for about five minutes due to a electrical brownout.

Negative perceptions notwithstanding, Iloilo residents still say this is the place to go to. One thing for sure is, it's mostly for the older crowd wanting some peace and quiet (and long swims in the Olympic style pool) and not for the yuppie/party crowd.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors please! first floor traveler rooms are horrible.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joshua Y
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The best thing about Sarabia Manor Hotel in Iloilo City is their great service and delicious buffet! Plus their Pool Side Cafe where you can swim in a pool, feels like a "tinagong dagat" inside a hotel. I also love their Freddy's Bar! it serves excellent American Dishes in full plate! I can never forget those evening meals I had shared with our family during the stay. I also love their japanese food buffet during wednesdays and breakfast buffet in the morning. The room rates are very affordable and the rooms are clean, eventhough some of the rooms are old, it's still nice here to stay. Come and Enjoy your trip and stay here in Iloilo's Best Hotel in Western Visayas! ♥♥♥ two-thumbs up! or maybe three if i have another one, hehehe.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

In its heyday in the 70's, Sarabia Manor was THE hotel, competing only with the Del Rio. Today, with so much degeneration, it cannot even be called "just another" hotel. In other hotels you'd wish you stayed longer; here, I'm thankful I just spent one night. And I stayed in a suite! Sure, the room is as big as half a basketball court but only the sofa in the en suite looks and feels new. The furniture, closet, carpet, curtains, toilet, tub, shower, mirror table, even the ceiling all look worn out. The shower cable leaks terribly, the grouts look ugly, faucet is not aligned with the bowl. The wall-mounted flat screen attempts at modernity but it's too small considering the Brobdingnagian room. You are better off eating than sleeping as there are 5 restaurants: Cafe Salvatore (coffee shop), Suchiro (Japanese), Freddy's (American and Mexican), Tinagong Dagat poolside cafe (Filipino) and Al Dente (Mediterranean and Italian). During my stay, there was a Korean-Japanese buffet for less than 10 dollars. Also within the facility is the Tienda Ilonggo for souvenirs and IPA for local delicacies. On early check-out (5:30 a.m.), they offered packed breakfast consisting of hard boiled egg, bread, banana and bottled water; I didn't bother. The location is in close proximity to at least 3 big schools and a hospital as well, so traffic can be a trying experience. As I am a doctor of medicine, I get a real sense that the hotel is dying. And if I am asked what to do? Euthanasia.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a week during our vacation last year with my family. Can't complain, rooms were clean, service was excellent and staff were impeccable!!! Looking forward to coming back on our next Philippine vacation:)))

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I been around in different region of the country, stayed in different budget and expensive hotel as well but this is just really terrible. Don't be fooled by the grand entrance of the hotel with high ceiling and big chandelier, the moment you go inside, it's all old. The staff are polite but not helpful, talk about Filipino hospitality. They got a room that is at the end of the 100 meters hallway, and when I open the doors it was terrible, small, stinky, dusty, the bed linen seems that it's been used for ages looks like grey and the worst part is the toilet, honest to goodness, looks like a public toilet. I cannot imagine paying P 2,500 a night here. I immediate called the front desk to transfer to a nearer room to the lobby and got denied, "WHAT! don't tell me that the hotel is fully booked?"

I went back to the front desk and requested to be transferred, the staff tried to look for another room making face, I cannot believe that she even has the guts to make face since I am very sure that she know what there room looks like. Finally, they gave another room, nearer to the lobby but still stinks.

That night, I was so itchy obviously because of the dusty linen. It really a nightmare.

Again, stay away!