“an aged manor”
Review of The Mansion

The Mansion
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Iloilo City
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I'm staying here for a huge family reunion. this is advertised as one of Iloilo's most grand hotels. i think its grandeur halts at its' front steps. I ordered a simple Filipino breakfast while waiting for our room, but it arrived 1 hour later. Oh the hunger pangs I had. the rooms are quite simple but very old. i know of the old spanish furnishing but this isnt it. the room is spacious enough but simply tired as it is old. not to mention the bathrooms! I'll take some pics and so decide yourselves....

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Rnplus2

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I called this hotel for a reservation a week before and said that I can stay in a matrimonial bed with free breakfast,so, I booked it for Php1100. The day that I arrived, the front desk personnel told me that the room has no free breakfast. And the actual room is too far from the hotel entrance and along the way the roof is not covered,its like the place has been abandone. Inside the room has no wifi connection, the bed is too small for a matrimonial bed, the power outlets are loose, the TV has different colors of the pictures, and the tv remote is defective. Mardale hotel is much better than this hotel with less than Php1000.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank ordinarywty
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After staying at another hotel down the road the night before , i was looking forward to just finding a place where i could relax and catch some sold z's. The Sarabia Manor provided that escape. Upon arriving one is greeted by polite and diligent concierge as well as a couteous and prompt reception desk. Although i had no reservation i was placed on the 5th floor with a balcony that overlooked Guimaras Island and the hotel's large pool. The room was large and clean as was the bathroom. There was more than enough closet space and a refrigerator large enough to handle 4 days of groceries. The beds were comfortable and the hallway was so quiet i felt as if we had the floor to ourselves. The only things keeping me from giving this place a 5 star rating was a smaller than normal T.V. and no coffee-maker in the room. However , Wi-Fi is available in the rooms ,restaurant ,and poolside and the hotel's free buffet was more than enough to keep one full til suppertime. The hotel is a mere 3 blocks walking distance to The Esplanade ,a new walking park alongside the Iloilo river, and a 5 minute jeepney ride to SM City ,the city's premiere mall. If you're visiting for more than just sitting in the room to watch T.V. ,then Sarabia Manor will provide you with a relaxing stay while in Iloilo.

Room Tip: Ask for a 5th floor room and one that looks over the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I asked the help of my friend to use his connections to book me in this hotel because there were no more rooms available for our convention. He was able to get the junior suite. My friends & I were very excited to stay there after searching their website ignoring my sister in law's negative feedback with this hotel. We arrived there 9am & we were allowed early check-in. I advised the front desk receptionist that i have a guest so they would make the necessary adjustment.. When we got in our "junior suite", i cannot hide my disappointment. I was afraid my friends would blame me for choosing this hotel. I kept to myself what I felt until my friend asked me if our room was really a suite. When we entered our room it smelled very old. It seems like no one stayed there for years.I had an asthmatic attack because of the mustiness of the room. The living room was quite dark, it looks like they reduced the number of electric light bulbs. The air conditioning units were a bit old & worn out. I decided to take a shower and to my dismay the towels looked like they have seen better days. I regret that I did not bring my own bath towel. Since I already advised the front desk to set up the room for 3, it was a big disappointment that everyday during our stay until the last day I always remind the housekeeping that we are 3 in our room. I apologized to my friends & told them maybe their breakfast would compensate for their shortcomings. I was totally wrong. It could have been better if we had our breakfast in Mc Donald's or Jollibee. The waiters would ignore you and the food was not even at par with the breakfast of cheaper hotels. The taste, quality & presentation was very poor. In their website our suite has a free wifi access. We informed the front desk that we will avail it but we were told we have to pay for it. On our last night I told the front desk that we will buy their wifi card. Nonchalantly I was told that we our entitled to use their wifi for free! Oh dear, these people were not properly trained. To top it all, on our last night, I flipped the hotel's manual and I was really surprised & turned off that they even had the nerve to list down in details all the items in the room with their price tag. It seems the management would not want you to enjoy your stay in their hotel. They expect you to safeguard all their belongings inside the room. Is this hotel really first class? Don't even bother to get an Official receipt on a Sunday. The receptionist would advise you to come back during working days because their accounting dept is closed on Sundays. You would shake your head in disbelief and think do these people really know what they are doing? I was very wiling to pay for the rate they gave us but I THINK OUR STAY WAS NOT WORTH IT. THE HOTEL LOBBY WAS VERY ATTRACTIVE, THEIR WEBSITE PICTURES WERE VERY INVITING BUT ONCE YOU CHECKED IN YOU WILL REALIZE YOU WERE CHEATED AFTER ALL.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Cat2814
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Went to Iloilo with my twin sister last april 2012. The hotel's facade is in renovation that time but no hassle to us coz our room is far from it...the location of the room where we stayed is a little bit creepy coz it's like located in the basement especially during the night. It also smelled old and not too inviting but then again it is clean and the hot and cold shower is working and the water supply is okey so it is already compensated! during check in we read the hotel's manual and they requested every guest to check every items in the room and report if anything is missing. From the listed things some hangers and the bathroom floor mat is missing so we called the reception and told themabout it. They immediately gave us an old towel to be used as floor mat! (ngek) The bed was okey, we got a good nights sleep anyway. The toilet in the room is not functioning well...I poopooed and i flushed it a lot of times but still the "thing" was still there. So we asked for a pail and they immediately gave us. Aircon is okey. The food is kinda expensive so we ate out at the nearest fastfood store just 2 blocks away(3-5 min. walk) or we went to SM City to eat which is one jeepney ride away. The staff were friendly and courteous! All in all it's worth it!

Room Tip: Book a room in the new building!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my foreigner friends and booked 2 rooms, service is terribly poor and no sense of hospitality at all as I expect from a well known hospitable ilonggos, despite I register myself and indicated that I am a Hotel General Manager from abroad, sad to say that during the middle of the night one my companion can't breath while asleep as if somebody's covering her face, afterwards my other companion was possessed and talking in other language that we can't understand. I called up the front desk that we need to transfer to another room, but sad to say the action was slow and took too long for them to respond. We all slept in one room and during check out I complained about the unforgettable experience we had but it seems that everyone is speechless, they charged me with 2 rooms despite we used only one room even I complained .

I regret that I chose this hotel and it was my first time to stay there...sad to say there are more good hotels in the city with good locations and great service.

I don't recommend this hotel anymore.

Room Tip: beware ghost will disturb you at the middle of the night. no sense of hospitality at all
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
16  Thank Mariano P
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here over the weekend to accompany my wife attend a seminar. I read somewhere that Sarabia Manor upgraded their rooms. Well, not the one we stayed in.

First, it smelled old (very damp and musky). Then the room looked and felt old--like it was stuck in the 90's. The TV was still a puny 21" CRT. However, the bed was comfortable; the airconditioning worked; and the shower was hot. The 3 are the essentials for me, and at least Sarabia delivered.

The breakfast was okay. Nothing fantastic. Enough to fill the belly.

WIFI was supposed to be free in the lobby, but on the 2 days I was there it wasn't working. WIFI in the room was available for P150/24 hours (US$4).

Again, the hotel looks tired, but for the price I paid it's okay. The location is not bad. It's along a major highway and a stone's throw away from everything (except the airport, which is 20 kms out of city limits).

Room Tip: The hotel is a 5-minute jeepney ride away from SM shopping mall. 1-way fare costs P7.50 (US$0.20). J...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple