“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Iloilo City
Houston, Texas
“Highly Recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2010

We stayed a total of 15 nights in this hotel. Excellent comfortable rooms, has a fridge and you receive complimentary newspaper and bottled water everyday. Staff is excellent and helpful!! Breakfast buffet is included in room rate. Location of hotel is great. Has a supermarket on the 1st floor and other establishments (bakery, currency exchange, gift shops, internet cafe, electronics store/shop, food court, etc.) on the 2nd and 3rd floor. There is also a 24 hour restaurant on the 1st floor. The hotel is on the 5th floor so you are way from the noise and crowd, plus you have a different entrance. The hotel is in the middle of Iloilo City so it is easy to go anywhere. Taxis are always available 24/7 in front of the hotel. The only thing is that this hotel do not offer is free internet access. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tworns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

We have been staying at the Days Hotel quite a number of times and we have never been disappointed. Hotel staff are very accomodating and courteous. Breakfast are always well prepared and it does not even matter wether the hotel is full or not, it always comes first class. Hotel rooms are clean and comfortable. Location is good since there is a supermarket and mall on the first floors and transportation is accessible anytime. 24 hrs fastfood is just downstairs so you're not forced to eat at the hotel, if on a budget. Our business trips at Iloilo is always made easier and more comfortable by our stay at Days Hotel. I would highly recommend it to anybody going to Iloilo.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank tgsantos
ソウル
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2009

I stayed at Days Hotel with my gf for vacation. Service and facilities are greatest as I have ever experienced in my life. I love the view from the window of Days Hotel. I could see Iloilo City very well. Also it has a very good location to go around to the city and other beaches. I would like to use Days Hotel again!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kimソウル
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2008

The stay in this hotel was an awful experience. Starting from the reservation and ending with the check out - just a night mare! To get a room booked, I contacted the hotel several times, but with no respond to any of my emails. I wrote to there central reservation office - again no respond. Finally I called from Germany to get the room booked and managed to get a reservation. Unfortunately I never received the requested confirmation via email, might be due to the lack of English speaking staff there. Had to explain what the @ sign in an email address means.... I got tired of calling the hotel and sent an email again, but this time copying the CEO of the hotel company. Surprisingly after 10 minutes I received a confirmation.

The check in was quite slow and the girl who checked us in, was too tired and too bored to smile. The room was OK, although the cleanliness is not up to standard and the furniture is worn. One day I had a friend visiting in my room for one hour and Housekeeping knocked on my door to ask, if they shall provide a bed for him. Of course an embarrassing moment for me, since my friend did not know what that shall mean...

The security staff on each floor like to sleep during the night! Therefore better lock your door properly!

The day before I checked out, I went to the reception to check my invoice. Since I had to catch an early flight on the next morning, I tried to assure a smooth check out. It was a very pleasant moment when I have been told, that the hotel runs a last minute promotion which is 20% off on any rate and this applies also to guests who already checked in. The clerk adjusted my invoice accordingly and I told him that I settle the account on the next morning by credit card.

The surprise on the next morning was, that the room rate has been reversed to the original rate booked and the 20% discount has been canceled. Asking the clerk for the reason, he told me that his manager decided very last minute, that the discount would not apply for me and he would not know why that is. I asked for the manager, but have been told that the manager would be too busy to see me. After making noise and screaming in the hotel lobby, the manager finally turned up (he looked like just woken up - so I guess he had a nap in the back office) and told me "You have to pay Sir, that's all what I have to say".

Since my schedule got very tight now, I decided to pay, to still be able to be on time for my flight. Back in Germany I complained again to the hotel, to the reservation center and to the CEO of the company, but NO REPLY AT ALL!

I will never ever visit this place again or recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — Hotel is integrated in a shopping mall
  • Disliked — The staff is arrogant and not trained in service at all
  • Stayed December 2005, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LH783
Makati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2008

I had a great stay with Days Hotel Iloilo. Except for some minor mishaps that happened during my stay:

The billing department made a mistake with my bills. They seemed to not be empowered and passed you around with the problem.

Also their shampoo and soap did not seem to be the same as the one at Days Hotel Cebu. Maybe they ran out and used old stock.

Nice gym and fitness center but no pool. Also the wifi is not free like in Cebu.

Good buffet but was the same spread the 3 days you were there for breakfast.

• Liked — The very nice fitness center.
  • Disliked — No pool.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Jbalabagan
Las Pinas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2008

I was really unhappy with the kind of service I got at Days Hotel Iloilo. Contrary to what I have experienced at Days Hotel Batangas early this year, My stay at Days Iloilo was a complete disaster. Their house keeping was really bad. I have to call them four times for them to send a representative to attend to my request. About an hour to say the least. So I just dried my self with some extra clothes that I have. The housekeeping guy are not even apologetic for the delay. That's why I cut my stay short and transferred to another hotel.

Stayed August 2008
2 Thank dmanressa
Huntsville al
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2008

Great hotel and staff, very neat location with shopping mall below the hotel, can't give it a higher review when I go back to ILO I will definitely stay there, clean, excellent staff, good breakfast. First time to Ilo very safe town

• Liked — location and clean
  • Disliked — nothing it was great
  • Stayed December 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank j1364