“Convenient Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Iloilo City
Singapore River, Singapore
“Convenient Hotel”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Like the location here, it's total city center. Front desk is at the 4th floor of the building which is a bit odd. Front desk were all lovely ladies, efficient and friendly, but need a bit more training and authority to decide on things.

I liked my room which was bright, clean and above average in size. Bathroom is also very cozy.

Breakfast was standard buffet, good enough. Hotel has a nice gym and spa too. No pool though. There's a Chowking and a Mc Donald's downstairs should you be on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for window rooms if you are claustrophobic.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Katong K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I really cannot fault this hotel, the truth being, it was not my first choice, but I am glad I stayed here. I was welcomed at the airport by a very pleasant driver, and the staff at the hotel were all very friendly.
My room was clean smelt fresh and was spacious, the air-conditioner worked fine and wasn't loud like some are. The bed was firm and comfortable.
My internet connection was reasonable [ 3 bars out of 5 ] and I had no trouble surfing. The location is great just min. from a supermarket, pharmacy, restaurants, coffeeshops, and most other shops.
I was pleasantly surprised with the breakfast Buffet, that was included in the price.
All in all I paid about $45 per night, and it was well worth it. I would not hesitate to stay here again, and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JacomoHK
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Price is good enough for us three...clean room, though u could feel the rustic old feel ambiance of the room...just fine for sleeping. I just hate it that right after we had our breakfast in their restau, we all got sick...food poisoned. Be careful guys!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank ItsAmpi
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel to everybody visiting Iloilo. During our stay in Days Hotel, everybody was so friendly and nice especially the staff - from the driver who picked us up from the airport, to the bellman who assists us in our baggage, to the security guard who happily welcomed us, to the receptionist who is very efficient during our check-in and to the people cleaning our room! I would really give the most credit to the cleaning people because they happily found and returned to me my diamond ring and my wedding ring when I lost it inside the room.

It's actually a family / baby- friendly hotel too because the furniture and everything in our room doesn't have sharp objects and sharp ends. My baby was happily roaming and playing around without me being worried! The food in Promenade - breakfast, lunch and dinner were perfect in my taste! It was really amazing and very good!!! The hotel is very convenient too because on the 1st floor there's a big grocery store and on 2nd and 3rd floor were different fashion shops and salon.

I would happily check-in again in Days Hotel when I go back again in Iloilo!!! ♥

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank winlovemclaren
Bangkok
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We arrived to find a noisy smelly reception. It went downhill from there. The carpets in the corridors were badly stained and the smell first encountered at check-in we discovered permeated the entire hotel. Our room was windowless and stank! The air-con hardly worked and the floors and walls were badly stained. Reception informed us that no other room was available. So! Off we went hotel hunting... Having found a superb alternative* we returned to cancel our 'Days' booking to be told we could have an upgrade and if we cancelled we would lose all our pre-paid. Without hesitation we moved to our new hotel, thereby, forfieting a large amount of money. It is inconceivable how this hotel can be described in any other term than a pigsty. Parking is a huge problem and getting a taxi is stressful as the hotel sits atop a busy supermarket which is on a traffic circle. We waited in line 30 minutes for a car. Simply put; do yourself a favour and go elsewhere.

*Del Rio

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank Hanuman-Haa
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed November 26, 2011

As per the other reviews, the hotel is ideally located for shopping, restaurants, stores and even a museum. Food court and grocery market are on the lower levels, although they don't open until 8:30 AM. We liked the friendly and helpful staff everywhere we went. Our major complaints are the WiFi service and the partially rundown and neglected facilities inside. WiFi service was marginal at best. Any service we received was usually from 2:00 AM to 6:00 AM, and during the day, it was off more than it was on. We made repeated complaints to the front desk, but they responded with the typical "it's being looked into" remark. They shouldn't advertise something they are unable to provide. The room we eventually settled into had a musty damp odor and the wallpaper and carpeting showed signs of water damage from a flood or leak. This didn't help my allergies. Even the hallways had peeling wallpaper and water stains all around. Our complaints did little to resolve the issue, as we were told "they were booked solid"nand couldn't find us another room. Some smaller issues were we had to lug our own luggage up four floors to the front desk, which is located on the fourth floor! The rooms are on the fifth floor. The rooms are pricy ($47) for what you get. There was no hair dryer, and the shower head was fixed - no handheld sprayer.

Room Tip: Smallvile 21 Hotel had better amenities, was cleaner and newer for less money.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank tess b
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stay at this hotel every time we are in Iloilo City. The hotel is centrally located in the city and you can go to any area within the city in a reasonable amount of time. We give kudos to all the staff of the hotel including the housekeeping. They are always ready to give assistance and offer the best customer service possible. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Bathrooms are spacious and there is an in-room safe as well as a refrigerator. There is free wi-fi also. Breakfast buffet is included daily from 6AM-10AM in the room rate. Do not worry if you are running late and the selection is low, the restaurant staff is always ready to offer to cook anything for you. Over-all the hotel suits our needs and we stay here for three weeks at a time.

Special mention to two staff members for their excellent customer service and friendliness: Edwin in the restaurant during breakfast hours and Finney May of housekeeping. Great job guys and keep up the great work!!!

One factor also that we choose to stay at this hotel is that they have Sky Cable as their cable provider. On Channel 8 of Sky Cable is CPU TV Channel where the TV program Winning Walk with Dr. Ed Young can be seen three times a week.We never miss this program as we are blessed and encouraged watching Winning Walk with Dr. Ed Young on this TV channel. We hope Days Hotel will continue to keep Sky Cable as their cable provider (we are not employees or affiliated with Sky Cable).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple