“Visit #2”
Review of DB's Hometel

DB's Hometel
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Once again it was a very good experience. Last time I went there was the end of Nov beginning of Dec 2012 went there with my finace at the time. The first trip was very good as well, and I wrote a review about it. Since the first trip was good, we decided to go back to DB's, and we we once again more than satisfied. Service is always a plus there, the have scheduled times when they do their housekeeping and linen changes, but you can always ask them to do it earlier if you wish. The personnel is very friendly and professional, they attend to you when you need them, but you do have your privacy at DB's. We were actually married this trip, and we had some of her family spend a few nights with us there at the hotel. Although an extra bed does come with an little fee, it is very affordable and there was more than enough room for all of us in there. There is a place there where you can eat breakfast, they offer tour packages, and flight arrangements also. They can also call taxis for you and will notify you once it arrives. I am once again planning a trip there in december again.....if it has been good to us so far, then why would we switch to another hotel? Anyways, you cant go wrong with picking DB's.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank lionboy17

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I and my fiance (now my husband) stayed at DB's Hometel for a couple of weeks on March-April 2011 at DB's Hometel. If we have had known about this hometel long ago, we would have stayed there longer. It is really good and clean. What I like the most is their service. It is versatile.You can make arrangements with them. You just have to ask. They are also thoughtful people. I was really surprised and happy when they gave us a bouquet and cake as our wedding present. During our wedding, we also booked at DB's the rooms of my husband's family and guests from Germany and they found it really cheap and good cause of its western style. Now that we're going on vacation in the Philippines this April, we will stay there again for a couple of days. Thank you very much for your excellent service DB's Hometel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cherish May R
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I, who are backpackers on a very tight budget, came across this place on accident-- and I am so glad we did!

We were walking around trying to find a place to stay in Iloilo. We were getting tired and saw a sign for DB's Hometel, so we decided to give it a shot. It's located on a little side street in a residential area. The only room available was the Superior Room which was 1400php-- double the amount we would usually pay for an accommodation in the Philippines. But, we were tired and burned out, so we took it. It was worth every peso!

The rooms and bathrooms were very spacious and very clean! We had a big flatscreen TV in our room with a lot of different channels. The aircon was nice. The beds were AMAZING. So comfortable and so clean. We also got free breakfast, which was really great. The rooms and common areas were nice with simple and chic decor.

The staff was very nice, accommodating and helpful. They even let us store our luggage behind the counter since we had to check-out but our flight wasn't until later in the day. If I'm ever in Iloilo again, I would definitely choose DB's Hometel again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Leia A
Reviewed December 24, 2012

PROS:

1.) The location is close to Nelly Gardens (a Living Musuem), fastfood chains and SM City
2.) Rooms and Sheets were clean
3.) The Air-conditioning was okay (but not advisable for those who prefer 18 degree Celsius and less)
4.) They had a tiny breakfast nook which is good for quick meals
5.) Accommodating Staff (note: not professionals but friendly, anyway)
6.) Had one Hughe Apartment type room with a good view

CONS:
1.) The water in the bathrooms could use a bit more pressure
2.) Access to the exact location of the place required some walking and it would have been hard to find if you were on a PUV

Great for:
1.) No-nonsense Budget travelers
2.) Backpacking travelers who are looking for a neat, home-like place to stay at
3.) Groups of students and friends who don't mind to sleep in bunk beds
4.) People who aren't looking for a luxurious experience

Not great for:
1.) Dignitaries
2.) Travelers who are looking for an eclectic/exotic/cultural experience.

Room Tip: Choose the penthouse suite to feel like you're in a hotel room for a smaller price :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MariaRallah
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed in DB Hometel last March 2012 with my college buddies for our 25th class reunion at WVSU. We were surprised to find this place close to our school. On the outset, it's clean and cozy. When we get to our room, the suite room, and you feel like home again. It has a "homey" feel. The sheets smelled fresh and crisp. and here's more! The staff are gracious and very accommodating. Secondly, the breakfast food is "lutong bahay". A home cooked meal, made right before your eyes while you wait for it in the small lobby as if it's a B&B. Next time I'll be in Iloilo, DB Hometel is where I'll be, over and over again. Lastly, and most importantly, the price is just right! Ask for their latest packages and you'll surely find one that fits for your budget.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Dolly P
DBshometel, Guest Relations Manager at DB's Hometel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Hi Dolly ,

We really appreciate your wonderful review of DB's Hometel . It motivates , and inspires us more

Looking forward to your next visit here in Iloilo city . .

Thanks and Best Regards !

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My family stayed at DB Hometel by recommendation of my friends here. Location is excellent since it is near tourist spots and shopping malls. The staff greet you by name and are very friendly. Their chef is also very good, he knows how to cook native dishes as well as foreign dishes.

They also offer tour packages for City Tour as well as going to Guimaras Island.
I would gladly stay here again and recommend this to my relatives and friends.

Room Tip: book your trip early so that they can offer you more room choices.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gogi G

Hi Giselle,

We really appreciate your very nice review of us.

Everybody here missed you !

Thanks and Best Regards !

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The time spent there was very relaxed. They bring you breakfast every morning, and they really do not interfere with your stay. They clean and tidy your room when you are out, the employees are all easy to talk to, and the place is relatively inexpensive. Of course there are other hotels that may be farther and have a better reviews or reputations to them, but it all depends on what you want to do everyday, and where you will be spending a majority of the time. Me and my fiance spent time at the hometel, but was out during most of the day as well. If the door is locked, breakfast will not be served (unless you answer their knock at the door). But for us, we requested to have dinners instead of breakfasts, and they agreed to our request without any complaints or hassles. Nice environment, nice employees, and a great overall time there. Am planning to go back there for my next trip to iloilo.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lionboy17

Hi Stephen,

Glad to hear that DB's Hometel left a nice impression from you guys.

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit in March .

Best Regards !