Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center
Harbor Town Hotel(Iloilo City)
$26
$24
  • Restaurant
Urban Sands Iloilo(Iloilo City)
Diversion 21 Hotel(Iloilo City)
$31
Agoda.com
Go Hotels Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$83
$75
TripAdvisor
Injap Tower Hotel(Iloilo City)
$38
TripAdvisor
Days Hotel Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$35
TripAdvisor
Grand Dame Hotel(Iloilo City)
TripAdvisor
Century 21 Hotel(Iloilo City)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguimaras islandpublic marketortiz wharfbalcony overlookingstandard roomsanta mariasmall poolbig flat screen tvspacious bathroomwalking distanceport areaamerican breakfastcoffee shopquick checka nice place to stayinternational airportfamily room
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Arriving from Hong Kong at 4:45am, doesn't really have a choice but to look for a clean bed to nap a few hours before heading out to my resort out of town. Search through the web and found this budget place to stay. Can't say I agree to the 5 stars review that most people seems to have experienced in the past, but it is not a bad place to stay too.

Location:

It is located within the City proper, Since I didn't spend much time wondering around the hotel, I'm not quite sure what is there to be expected. There are a number of banks within walking distance, so Money exchange is certainly no difficult task. The hotel is reachable by car right to the door step, approx 30mins Taxi from the airport (no traffic) and cost about PHP500.

The hotel also provide airport shuttle with a fee, you have to email them in advance for that service.

Security:

Nothing in particular that makes me worry about my personal safety.

Facility:

There's an outdoor swimming pool on the ground floor next to the breakfast area, it looks clean and tidy although I didn't use it, other than that is just another simply budget hotel.

Rooms:

Clean and spacious, the cleaning was definitely done in details. Hot water was consistent and water pressure is excellent, complementary Water and Tea is available in room, as well as Cable TV. The wall unit A/C is super loud and that may lower your sleep quality, but I'm used it wall units at home.

Free WIFI covers the room and the speed is decent.

Staffs and Services:

I don't exactly have a very pleasant experience with the overall service here, we arrived at the hotel at around 5:30am hoping for a fast check-in so that we can hit the bed as quickly as possible since we've only got about 6 hrs to sleep. However the front desk staff told us that our reservation was cancelled cause we didn't check-in last night. I've emailed them earlier mentioning that I'll be arriving from Cebu Pacific flight 243 arriving from Hong Kong in the "EARLY MORNING", they still manged to cancel my room.

I did eventually argue my way into the room, but their staff didn't even bother to go on to the internet, look up my flight details and check my arrival time, despite they have my flight number. The front desk staff claims that she doesn't have internet access during her overnight shifts, which I call non-sense, since I've gave them my flight information weeks ahead of arrival.

Tips:

1) If you're arriving early in the morning like I do (most likely from Hong Kong), make sure you have a plan B with you should the hotel driver didn't show up. Taxi cost about PHP500 from the airport, and they are plentiful even early in the morning.

2) You'll be arriving in darkness where nothing opens, there are no international ATM in the airport nor currency exchange opened that early, make sure you've bring enough PHP in cash with you to cover atleast the first day of your trip. And no, USD doesn't do the magic here, strictly PHP only.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Crossingtheglobe
Reviewed December 4, 2013

P2700 for an overnight stay, 6 single beds with 2 bathrooms and a swimming pool. Best value for money. We got a room with a view of the pool.

The hotel is a 15 minute walk to Jordan Pier, the jump-off point for those going to Guimaras.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MauriceEspina
Reviewed December 1, 2013

ARRIVAL: We rode a van for almost an hour (it’s a bit traffic near the Esplanade due to the bridge widening) from Iloilo International Airport to the hotel which has a fixed cost of 500php. Metered taxi are also available (which probably will cost around 300php if the flagdown is also 40php).

LOCATION: The hotel itself is located near the Maria Clara roundabout at the left side of University of Iloilo. A public market is also located near the roundabout. The Robinsons Place Iloilo can be reached by riding a jeep or by walking (3 blocks away from Iznart St). If you have plans of going to Guimaras, the Ortiz Port/Wharf is less than 5 mins away from the hotel.

CHECK-IN: It was already past noon when we arrived in Iloilo City. Upon arrival to the hotel lobby we were immediately assisted and checked-in. The staff assisted us in carrying our bags to our room.

THE ROOM: The room was fine. We checked-in for 4 days and 3 nights on a triple-sharing room which has one double bed and one single bed. The room has a Bible, cable TV, telephone, Wifi, aircon, a cabinet with safe, a counter with an electric kettle and complimentary coffee/tea. A mini ref is also available which is located under the counter. The toilet has no bidet sprayer, so we requested for a pail and dipper. Hot/cold water is available for the shower and sink. I’m a bit disappointed though since they only provided 1 small bar of soap and 1 sachet of shampoo for a group of 3, my sister did request for another set though. No toothbrush was provided either (I’m just not sure if you have to request for one). Since this is a so-called-budget-hotel, no iron was available so you just have to avail their ironing service for 30php/clothing or better yet bring your own travel iron as well as hair blower. The bed is comfy, I like the smell of (new?) pillow case every room make-up. The aircon is a bit noisy but we were able to manage to sleep. We can hear people walking/talking outside our room but is not that loud. In front of our room (through the window) are small carinderias/restaurants which at night serves as hangout place to students from a nearby school.

FOOD: We were not able to check out their food choices, but there is variety of food you can order for room service (addt’l 10% charge). A café is also located on the ground floor near the lobby and a resto bar was also located at the side of the hotel entrance called Wave Lounge (pork sisig is good and can be ordered with a bucket of beer) with live band singing.

STAFFS: The staffs are nice and very accommodating. There is an instance that we were not able to connect to wifi properly. They advised us on what to do but since it is still not working they send somebody to check. I think they had a glitch on their main router, after a while the connection was reconnected.

CHECK-OUT: We checked out an hour before noon and left our baggage in the concierge/information counter wherein they gave us a number card to present when claiming. This is a must in every hotel as most of the travelers/tourist tends to laze around the area for the last time before heading for their flight.

DEPARTURE: From the hotel, we were assisted to get a cab to the airport (flagdown of 40php). We were advised by the driver about a tariff of sorts and asked if we can have a fixed 400php as fare. The meter kept running the whole duration of our travel to the airport. When we reached the Iloilo International Airport, the meter reached almost 300php. The fixed rate was not bad as the driver was also informative of the places and kept us entertained the whole time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sajetneloir
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My partner and i stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. We chose this hotel for its location in the port area of iloilo and hence its close proximatey to the NBI office. Staff were extremely friendly and super efficient as our check in was late at night having just arrived by bus from caticlan/boracay, then tricycle from the bus depot to hotel. So being very tired, our check in was streamlined and faultless.Upon entering our high floor room with views over the swimming pool, we were both pleasantly surprised with the quality of fittings and furnishings of our very large and spacious room. Everything was faultless. Even the bed was king sized and super comfy. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Iloilo as it is awesome and also good value and fantastically positioned close to everything.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eddie J
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were on the 4th floor, the first room on the right of the elevator and/or staircase. It was clean & neat, had sufficient luggage space, decent bathroom, pretty nice view (albeit with rooftops and a net to keep the pigeons away) and the aircondition worked as it should. The staff from the front desk to housekeeping was professional and very helpful. It was a 20PHP short tricycle ride from the Bacolod-Iloilo Ferry. A 7-minute walk down from the lobby, make a right, a quick left (where you pass a school and a chapel), another right, and you're there where the boats to Guimaras are docked. We also walked from SM Delgado/Marymart area back to Circle Inn in about 10-15 minutes; the road bustled with people and it beat the roundabout route of the jeepneys. Common sense: I wouldn't walk alone late at night. It's also a 5-10 minute walk to Iloilo City Hall/ Park, pass Roberto's and Jollibee. Circle Inn's pool & jacuzzi looked well-maintained and inviting enough, but I was content to rest in our cool room and watch TV (which surprisingly had a lot of cable channels) after a hot day of being a tourist.

Room Tip: We requested a room on the highest floor that faced the water.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple