“Great deal”

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Iloilo City
Seoul
“Great deal”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Iloilo is meh but this place offers a great value. The room was nice and clean with a view of the pool. The WiFi was spotty and location wasn't great but I highly recommend this place. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
SmrtTrav, General Manager at Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It helps us plan for even better guests' experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you want to have comfort , stay here in this hotel , you can walk thru the pier going to Guimaras . it has a pool and a bar , foods are also good , best stay here ,. The rooms are clean , I love the comfort room, the beddings are nice, good aircondition and the wifi access are good,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your insights with us and other TripAdvisor readers. I wish I had more time to write TripAdvisor reviews for all the hotels I've stayed at but I just focus on improving our services by mimicking best practices in other hotels. Of course for services that we can afford at our class of hotel.
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Noise in the pool/Cage area made by the boys running the area, music, shouting and by machines.
Smoking allowed all around there too.
Internet is not very good, keeps breaking off in the area. In my room it was very low and often broke off after a few seconds.
They charged me 800 pesos for transfer from the airport but taxis charged only 500 pesos and that was more than the the meter showed.
CI also over charges for use of telephones and their computer. Robbers in my view

As others say, rooms are good and clean. Cleaners do a good job.

Room Tip: Malls are near - Robinson's and SM
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I am sorry for your negative experience with us but would like to point out a few facts:

1. Internet speed is dependent on many things and especially on the number of concurrent users in the hotel as well as in the node of the service provider where the hotel internet is connected. Having said that, we believe that the current internet bandwidth we offer guests is adequate for normal business use like e-mail and web-surfing. We did not design our free internet for video watching and downloads which as you noted becomes spotty. Nevertheless, we aim to please and we are considering options to improve performance even if all hotel guests use the service at the same time.
2. Our hotel has very limited smoking areas to accommodate our smoking guests. One of the areas of course is the outdoor area of the hotel where the pool is also located. However, it is quite rare for guests to be smoking around the pool area and I'm sorry for the inconvenience when you were with us.
3. The airport shuttle service we provide is for guest's comfort and convenience and its optional. I don't think its fair to compare a private 12-seater van to a 4 seater taxi. Our van service rate is similar to public vans available from the airport. To appease other guests, we have now added an airport car service at a lower rate comparable to taxi's as well.
4. I'm not sure about over-charging for business center use and telephone since our rate at P60 per hour at the business center is quite reasonable and we do not charge local phone calls. As for long distance calls, we offer guests operator assisted calls or phone cards they can purchase at the Front Desk. Either way, all charges are advised guests in advance to make sure there are not surprises.

We are proud to offer value for money service and it would not be fair to compare apples and oranges.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It has very nice rooms. The lobby and especially the pool are was very nice. They also have a room to rent if you want to celebrate your birthdays their. Good value for the money, it's not a great neighbourhood, but only a few minutes to SM mall by taxi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel when he came home from Cebu. We had stayed in Circle Inn Bacolod 3 years ago and we had a good experience there so we decided to try Circle Inn Iloilo. For such reasonable rates I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the lobby and the room. The bed was comfortable, the toilet and bath clean without the acrid smell of bleach.

I arrived first and the room given to us according to our request. However, when I drew the curtains apart to check the view, I was surprised to see 2 carpenters/workers mixing cement directly outside the window. I immediately called the front desk to check if they were coming back the following day because I could hear their conversation and whatever business they were doing outside. I was afraid they would start working early the next day and disturb our much needed sleep. Cheri (or Cherry) attended to my inquiry and assured me that their work is done.

Location is quite far from the developing Business District in Mandurriao, Iloilo City. But is quite near the pier and for those who intend to visit Guimaras Island or have a tour of old downtown Iloilo. Robinson's mall is about 2-3 blocks away (P50-60 if you take a cab).

We ordered American Breakfast with french toast, fried eggs, bacon, and brewed coffee. Maybe I have simple tastes in food, but I found it tasty and a great way to start our day.

We will definitely stay here again and try the bigger rooms with better views next time. I would also recommend this to friends who are coming to Iloilo for a visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sheyjv
Singapore
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Clean, basic room in a small city. Suitable for business travellers. WiFi was reliable. Counter staff was friendly and helpful with directions to get to the mall.

Not a far walk to the Gaisano Mall for more meal options.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

It is a reasonably priced hotel. The food is ok. Rooms are big and clean. It seems out of place in such a location. Neighborhood is peaceful though. Its strategically located for those who planning a day trip to Guimaras.

• Stayed June 2013