“Satisfied”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Iloilo City
Paranaque, Philippines
“Satisfied”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed in a deluxe room with a queen and twin bed on the Second floor. The room was quite large compared to similarly configured hotel rooms. The view out of the window was of the street fronting the hotel which I really didn't mind since that wasn't why I went to Iloilo Even then, we never encountered any noise from the road which I very much appreciated after a long day going around town. The staff was quite accomodating and courteous when you approach them. However, I wondered why the housekeeping staff kept avoiding contact with people they run into in the halls. Moreover, I was a bit disappointed when housekeeping did not clean the room until I asked them to when I came back around 5 in the afternoon in spite of the "Make Up Room" sign posted on the door since 8 in the morning when I left to go around. Also, they were not able to replenish the tea we drank from the minibar. But, they were very vigilant of people bringing stuff in and out and kept asking if they (including myself on one occassion) were checking out. Nevertheless, the hotel was quite new, cozy and spacious with its quirks and the price was reasonable for the comfortable stay. The hotel was centrally located and in walking distance of the public market, a grocery, a couple of malls and several schools. So you could save on public transportation going around the city especially during rush hour traffic. I'd strongly recommend this hotel and do remember to leave word with the front desk and housekeeping for your room to be cleaned. This hotel will still be on the top of my list on my return to Iloilo. Just a tip: Some public transportation/taxi drivers know the Circle Inn as the hotel near Santa Maria Catholic School because its new. ALSO, just a warning, the smoke detectors in hotel were quite sensitive. During our stay, they went off for 30 minutes just as we were getting ready to call it a day. Apparently, one of the guests in the neighboring rooms started smoking and the alarm for the WHOLE building went off. I believe the people caught on the street fronting the hotel were alarmed as well as we saw some people running from the hotel to the opposite side of the street because of the alarm. But no one from the hotel staff came up to inform/calm down/or be visible to their guests until the alarms were disabled.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hvlu
SmrtTrav, General Manager at Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your candid review and for bringing up really good points for us to improve our service. Rest assured that we will take up your comments in our next staff meeting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I spent a week end at Circle Inn with a group of friends who came to lloilo for the Paraw Regatta. The rooms were modern and clean with all conveniences, including wifi, and very inexpensive. Breakfast in the airy/light dining space next to the pool was pleasant; including simple standard choice of egg, pancake and fruits and good brewed cooffee (hurray, no instant!) We ended up having leisurely breakfasts with our group and just enjoying the outdoor space. The hotel is near the public market, and the boat dock/jetty for our island day trip to Guimaras, so very convenient. Service was also very good. If I have the opportunity to return to Iloilo I will definitely go there again. My only complaint was the availability of information about local sights/events. Noting that it was the week end for the famous Paraw Regatta, expected the hotel should have offered informaiton/publicity etc. about the range of events; they were rather oblivious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BombaxFlower
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Here you don't get personality, but you get a new very comfortable hotel for a low price. Our room had no negative details, the break-fast was OK and the hotel also has a nice pool.
The location is quite good only a five minute walk from th boats to Guimaraes island.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Why is this not à 5 star hotell that charges 10000php / room? I dont know. I know that we paid 1500 php and got an amazing room (with our expectations) it could be more central but now it is more close to the port who has boats that take you to guimaras for about 25php. You can walk to the pier from this hotel and you can also walk to the center of iloilo. The beds was amazing

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Chiefenn
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

i think it's the newest in iloilo . everything nice but .. once you come inside u'll see bad stuff . no warm welcome .. they make noisy by using the radio speaker to contact the stuff. i'm in the hotel at the moment . there's no such wifi detect here in my room .

• Stayed February 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went there for Dinagyang Festival. Booked the family room since there were supposedly 5 of us. Since my other friends were unable to make it to the trip due to work, only 2 of us went. I was looking forward to going to this hotel because it had good reviews here.

The pro's: they let us check in early. We arrived at the airport at 6am (the hotel charged us 800 pesos - about $20, for one way shuttle from the airport to the hotel), they let us check in at 7am. The room we got, as expected, was huge. Too big for 2 people but then again we rented a room for 6. Place was clean. It was very near where the festival parade will be so it was a plus for us. Very easy to take a cab from there to anywhere in the city, basically.

Wifi. Oh internet. Thank you.

The con's:

Like I said, the hotel charged us $20 for the shuttle, per way. So we paid $40 total for airport transfers.

The first night we were there, the hot/cold shower didn't work. Water was too cold for me. I really wanted a hot shower but it didn't work. I had to call maintenance twice to get it fixed.

There wasn't a fridge in the family room, so I had to always order a bucket of ice when I need to drink.

The 2nd day of our trip, we came back from the festival and found that there was a cockroach in the room. It fell from when the aircon turned on.

Also on the 2nd day, for breakfast (we didn't order any since we knew Iloilo food trip was inevitable outside the hotel), someone kept calling our room saying that we did have breakfast downstairs at the buffet. Because this person insisted, we got up early and went down. When we went down, they just told us that we had to buy breakfast. I said no someone called and told us there was breakfast for us. But I said okay, I'll just pay for my breakfast then. When we were ordering our breakfast, they told us that we cannot order ala carte, only the buffet. I found this absurd! Do they expect all guests to take the buffet? I don't intend to indulge for breakfast so why are they forcing me to buy the buffet - which was double the price of what I wanted to order. I just wanted bacon.

We arrived back at the hotel after touring around the city. I was waiting to go back to the hotel to use the bathroom. I was so surprised to see that the toilets in our room (there were 2), had black, dirty water in them. We had to flush the toilet 10 times before they returned to normal.

I went to the reception to go online, try to print my tickets for our flight back home. I thought since the wifi was free, they wouldn't charge me if I use the internet on their desktop to download my ticket. I was surprised when I asked the lady at the counter that she was asking me not only for printing services but for the internet as well. HAAAYYY. But I was able to reason out with this woman. So she let me just pay for the printing. Besides, I used the internet 1 minute - just to download my e-ticket. Why ask me to pay 60 pesos for that!?

So anyway, that's it. I really promised I would write a review of the place. I liked the place but the service was so bad. To think, we were paying for the biggest, most expensive room in the hotel. In other hotels, they would have treated me better.

Well that's it. I think that's all I have to say about this place.

Room Tip: Get the room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Karmela88
SmrtTrav, General Manager at Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your candid and balanced comments and my sincere apologies for the service lapses and miscommunication that occurred during your visit with us. I have debriefed all the staff involved based on your comments and we hope to do better next time. Just some points of clarification:

1. We have fixed our airport shuttle service pricing to a per van basis instead of per head and our rate is quite competitive with other hotels in Iloilo. This is a private shuttle therefore our guests do not share the same ride with other guests. The van can accommodate up to 10 passengers. Taxi's are also available from P400-P500 per trip but can only fit 4 comfortably with limited luggage space. Our guests can pick which options they feel give them the best value for money.

2. We employ many strategies including the use of delayed-action insecticides to prevent insects of all types from entering our premises from the outside. It is often difficult to preempt where they come out to die and so my apologies for your encounter. Trust that they do not reflect the cleanliness of our rooms and premises that we always strive to perfect.

3. The dirty water in the toilet bowl was caused by a failure of one of our pumps which made the water level in our tank very low and therefore stirred the iron and other mineral deposits that normally sink to the bottom to enter the piping system. The water that we use to flush our toilets are not the same as the water used for our showers and faucets. They run on separate lines and are stored in separate tanks as well. I hope this gives everybody a peace of mind.

Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Iwas very pleased with this hotel large double room very clean nice bathroom, only hing it needs is a fridge in room but was stil first class, Ground floor had a small pool great for children if you have also restaurant again very clean and very nice staff, I

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SmrtTrav, General Manager at Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate knowing that the efforts of all our staff did make your stay enjoyable and pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again soon.