“My 'Seoulia' Experience”

Cuisines: Korean
Manila
“My 'Seoulia' Experience”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Yesterday, my boyfriend and I decided to try the Korean food at Seoulia, because they had a promo (P79 for a bowl of ramen). We were excited in the anticipation of the spiciness and authentic taste of Korean food.

It was already 9 in the evening; thank goodness Seoulia was still open. We observed that the waitresses were wearing schoolgirl outfits, which would be more appropriate in a Japanese-themed reastaurant. As we entered the door, they were shoutimg a greeting in Korean which proved that they wanted their customers to feel like they were in Korea.

About the food, we ordered 2 bowls of ramen without the egg, mandu (as they were out of kimbap) and 2 glasses of four seasons juice (because they ran out of iced tea). As we perused the menu, we noticed that the prices were a bit expensive for the regular college student with an allowance of P150-P200. When we received our orders, the ramen was placed in an authentic mini-casserole type of bowl. The food was good, but for us it was a bit expensive (our bill: P319). The mandu tasted great but P99 for 9 pieces?

I would totally recommend this restaurant to people who wants a taste of Korea in Manila, but prepare at least P200 (per pax) if you want to come out of the place with a full stomach. :)

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Kiersten Jayne A

Iloilo City, Philippines
“A taste of Korea in the city”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

That was my first time to eat with friends at Seoulia Korean Restaurant. I'm sure that not a lot of people knew that there's this Korean resto in LaPaz that serves distinctly Korean dishes that give you a kick and a nudge.
We ordered for grilled pork with side dishes like the famous Kimchi. Surprisingly, they grilled the pork right in front of us which was really good since you can see how it cooks well with less fat :) The assortment of side dishes were satisfying enough to complement the grilled pork with rice.
The atmosphere was simple and understated. According to my friend, it looks like a typical resto in Korea. I noticed that their patrons were also mostly Korean.
The price of the dishes were affordable so I guess even students can enjoy Korea food in this resto.
The dishes here are sure to give your palate a good amount of spicy yet flavorful experience.
A must try!