“Not as good as the original”
Review of Moon Cafe

Moon Cafe
Ranked #39 of 296 Restaurants in Iloilo City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 2 Locations.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant last September 15, 2012 during our trip to Iloilo. The ambience was not as nice or as homey as the Moon Cafe in Guadalupe, Cebu. The staff were accomodating and kind especially when I noticed a leak from the aircon dropping on my drinking glass, and they promptly transferred us to another table. I was so excited to try my favorite baby back ribs, however, I was disappointed because it was so tough and dry that I just had a few bites, even the bread knife they provided cannot cut into the meat. Perhaps it was not a "baby" nor "back ribs" after all. But I have to say, the tuna belly was savory. I have eaten at their branch in SM North Edsa Annex too but so few people visit there maybe a reflection of the food (there of course I have seen the waiter sleeping on two linked chairs and it was supper time) Perhaps it would be best that this specific branch in Iloilo maintain the standard of quality of the original restaurant in Guadalupe and really serve great food.

1  Thank Shane3000

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is the best Mexican restaurant I've found in Iloilo. They even have two brands of *real* tequila.

1  Thank DellSol
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Twice I happened to dine in Moon Cafe and I always went home very satisfied with the delicious and sumptuous Mexican food they offer. If you want to have a good treat of your friends, this is a perfect place to dine with. I love the Mexican baby back ribs and also the Chicken Mozzarella. While waiting for your main order, you may enjoy the Nachos or tacos. I also enjoyed the sun cooler Cupid's Lovers that will really quench your thirst. You will really crave for more and go back once you have tried this Mexican-inspired cafe.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This restaurant rocks. Their meals start with homemade tortilla strips and salsa that rivals the tableside guacamole served at home. The food isn't necessarily "authentically Mexican" as much as "Mexican Derived". The baby back ribs are as tender as those of Tony Roma back in the states, and just like Koreatown, they have Beer Towers for some of their draughts. The pitchers of cocktails are truly pitchers, and priced VERY well. A full night of dinner and drinking for 10 people came out to less than a night of my own drinks in Los Angeles. The staff were very accomodating, bringing drinks promptly and the food as promptly as can be made. This place is great for medium-large groups and is stocked to properly keep the glasses and plates filled.

1  Thank Robert O
Reviewed May 13, 2012

As an American expat living in the Philippines for almost three years, The Moon Cafe in Iloilo City, next to SM, is the best Mexican-inspired food I can find. Reasonably priced. Hang out with my expat friends there sometimes. Go outside and do some people watching while you have your bottle of San Miguel Pale Pilsen. Stay away from the pepper steak, terrible. Stick with the Mexican-inspired fare.

2  Thank Dave D