“Cheap place to stay”

One Lourdes Dormitel
Ranked #25 of 52 Iloilo City B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Spent one night in Iloilo City. Too tired from a trip from the mountains of San Joaquin to choose another hotel. Thought the review was ok so I checked into this place. Well, you get what you pay for (P850). Chose the unit at the back because that's the one which has a window where you can see the outside, I prefer this too because I can vent the room. It's not a new hotel so you can smell something foul and old. And if you're claustrophobic, this isn't the place for you. Airconditoning, water heater, lavatories, all work. No breakfast but the mall is nearby. Other than the mall and a local market, no other places to go to specially at night. If you're on a budget, this could be a good option for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank foot_adventurer

Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband kept thanking me for booking us in this hotel. Not only did we enjoy a family room that was so spacious, but we were also close to Robinsons and the old market for errands and such.

Blogged about our Iloilo trip here:

Room Tip: Choose the family room for the space! Haha.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2012

we needed a place to stay in Iloilo so I reserved a Family Room-Two queen beds for only 1045php...The room was spacious enough, with cable tv, mini-ref, aircon, hot/cold shower...
Pro:
Location- walking distance from Robinsons Place
Rooms- clean rooms
24 hrs security
service-you can leave your bags at the front desk if you'll be away for Boracay or any other place
-they can hail a cab for you
-VERY STRONG WIFI signal on rooms
Con:
Dont judge the exterior
Cafe service is not 24hrs
No available Hot water for coffee/tea during very early mornings..
Towels are old and bedsheets are ,I think over-used as well as the towels
Front desk personnel are not friendly

But,STILL RECOMMENDED:)
stayed march 28th and 30th of 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ms-PinayTraveller
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed there with my son and cousin from February 23-25, 2012. Yes indeed, the exterior can be a bit of a turn-off but it's not as if it really matters for weary travelers like us (we came all the way from Baguio City!). I initially reserved a family room but then changed to a double twin a few days before our arrival as one of our companions could not make it. Reservations were done via e-mail only and no down payment was necessary (I really like this hotel feature down south), and the little switcheroo was ok with them. When I saw the room, I asked to be transferred to a family room because i thought the double twin was a bit small for three. Unfortunately, there was none available so we had to make do with what we had. Turned out the size was ok after all. Nice thing about the room was that it had a big closet and wide shelves - my 8-yr old son can actually fit in them! - so there's a lot of storage space. There's the customary aircon, tv, refrigerator, and hot and cold shower. Service is prompt and the staff are helpful too. One complaint though, during the time of our stay, the stairway leading upstairs was poorly lit (or unlit) . It would have been good to just walk the short flight of stairs from the lobby to the rooms above if the stairs were well-lighted instead of using the lone elevator (i'm a bit claustrophobic). Another teeny weeny bit of concern: they scrimp on the toiletries. One tiny bar of soap and one sachet of shampoo is not enough for three! It's not as if we didn't bring our own, but i'm just thinking of others who may not bother to pack along theirs. And oh, another thing...they charge for extra pillows (on a per night basis) and for cleaning stains (my son is prone to nose bleeding and got some of it on the sheets haha). The food is alright too if you have no time to scour the city for it's many dining gems. I didn't get to try their wifi as we were always out of the hotel but a friend we met there said it was fast and reliable enough. It's location is a plus, it's very near shopping areas and the "super" terminal where jeeps going to Miag-ao Church are parked (you can actually flag them down as they pass by in front of the hotel). I would recommend this for families and groups who are looking for simple, practical and affordable accommodation in Iloilo.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2011

This is a No-Frills hotel located at the back of Robinsons Place Iloilo. Actually this is my 2nd stay at One Lourdes & I could assure all of you that it won’t be my last.

Don”t be fooled with the exterior of the Dormitel as I was during my initial stay last Mar. 28 to 30, 2011. I was on business trip with my “boss” & he even asked me upon stepping out of the Taxi if I was firm with my decision to stay at One Lourdes & I said yes though I was hoping that its website were not meant to deceive its patrons. And surely they did not disappoint me!

I only booked a night as I had to meet two (2) customers at night upon my arrival & the next morning in the island of Guimaras. Arrived at One Lourdes at around 18:00 last Sept. 15 from Davao City via Airphil Express and intended to take a quick nap but client requested if we could meet earlier so I had to take a shower then proceeded to Moon Café in Robinsons.

The room is above satisfactory as it had its own ref and the usual amenities that you find a hotel such as Cable TV, Individually controlled Air-Conditioning, Individually controlled Heater System, Soap & Shampoo, & Towels. I can honestly say, that among the three (3) cities that I went to (Davao, Iloilo, & Bacolod) One Lourdes provided the best Sleep Quality coz of its thick-grade mattress, comfortable clean sheets, and firm pillows which is to my liking.

Likewise, I find the dresser useful as I had to inform my boss on what transpired during my trip via e-mail. The built-in cabinet was highly appreciated as well as it kept my clothes free from wrinkle by providing enough hangers for one guest.

However, you have to bear in mind that is a Dormitel and not a 5-star hotel hence my complaint:

- The sheets inside my room had stains as well as the shower curtain (hope Management can correct this as the Dormitel is relatively new).
- The sliding window panel should be better insulated as I awaken by a whistling parrot (from the surrounding neighborhood).
- The 2nd light at the Shower Area was busted but I didn’t bother to report it since the 1st light provided enough illumination.

This is & will always be My Choice of stay in Iloilo City as tariff is so affordable! yet it does not sacrifice on the quality of amenities and service that they provide for the guests.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank decarte
Reviewed April 1, 2011

After Boracay we headed to Iloilo & we stayed in this hotel. The room is cozy considering their location along Fuentes Ave. It's very accessible, near Robinsons Place, PUJs are available anytime. You can also ask the front desk to call a cab for you. They have high speed wireless internet. Most of all, they have Hot & Cold shower which is very important for me after staying in a resort with no hot shower. Staff are not so friendly but still I recommend this hotel to my friends.

Great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank treatingwriter15
Reviewed February 8, 2011

This hotel is located near Robinsons Place Iloilo . Taxi cabs and PUJs are available anytime.

Housekeeping is good and room is clean. Their double room have a firm queen-size bed which is what I like; a refrigerator, a cable TV, hot and cold water shower, a big cabinet with hangers, telephone inside the room, working table, 4 electrical outlets inside the room and a big mirror. They also have a functioning elevator. Rate is reasonable for the facilities provided plus I was given a 20% discount as a senior citizen by just showing them my SC ID.

The biggest plus for me is their fast and reliable wireless internet that is very helpful for me because I have to continue writing and hosting conference calls using skype. There were power interruptions but they have backup generators and the staff was accommodating in restoring/resetting the wireless internet so I could continue working.

Friendly staff (though some are not so familiar with places of interest in the city although this is not a problem for me). They have basic food service (especially breakfast) which they can also bring to your room if you request (with 10% service charge). Their breakfast is a little expensive but its surely one good meal to start your day. They also have Philippine Daily Inquirer and the local Iloilo daily newspaper available at the lobby at breakfast time. Hot and cold water for drinking is always available.

I also feel secure in this hotel because they have a security personnel at the gate where you have to enter before the entrance of the hotel building. It appears to me a decent, family oriented hotel that caters to students, professionals on travel and families on holiday. I enjoyed my stay and will surely recommend this place to my friends who are headed to this city.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo