“Finally, a taste of Batchoy in Iloilo”
Review of Deco's

Deco's
Ranked #8 of 311 Restaurants in Iloilo City
Cuisines: Filipino
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am not a regular batchoy eater here in Manila. But I was curious to taste batchoy that's actually in the original place it was born, Iloilo. Hence, when we arrived in Iloilo, it was already in our To Do list. We went to Deco's, the one infront of SM Delgado, where the restaurant also had a separate pasalubong center which was very convenient.

I was relieved when the cashier said "yes" to my request of no pig innards. Yey! As for the taste, really delicious and it wasn't overwhelming (no "umay") which what I usually feel when eating something similar, like mami noodles. The hot broth was tasty, and not too salty and I liked the bits of chicharon (crunchy pork rind bits) on top. Very comforting. Must try!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Absolutely delicious! No matter how close other batchoy places get, nothing is as good as the ones at La Paz market, especially Deco's. I think most of us have seen the La Paz batchoy restaurants all over the country and we think they're all the same, but having batchoy at Deco's in La Paz market is a truly different experience.

Ordering the simplest version (special? I forget), my boyfriend and I were surprised at the sheer amount of beat and other meaty ingredients in our batchoy. I panicked a little, since I don't eat meat and am used to commercialized versions of batchoy which usually have more soup than noodles or any sort of meat. Here, you're bombarded with ingredients and flavor from the very first spoonful.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Every time I visit Iloilo, I always eat batchoy and it's either of the top two batchoy restaurant in Iloilo. It is still one of the best batchoy and can't be compared to other batchoy's in the whole Philippines.

1  Thank Scottie B
Reviewed March 11, 2014

After trying Ted's , we tried the Netong's, then we tried this, Deco's. For us this is second to Netong's.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

It's my first time to eat batchoy, and my office mate brought me to Deco's. It was superb. I really enjoyed my batchoy with puto. The service was okay but when we arrived it's almost closing time and the staff was starting with his cleaning. But we really enjoyed eating at Deco's