Adhara Resort and Spa
Days Hotel Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$44
$74
$61
Agoda.com
$25
Injap Tower Hotel(Iloilo City)
$46
$40
Travelocity
Go Hotels Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$26
$40
  • Breakfast included
Urban Sands Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$54
Travelocity
Harbor Town Hotel(Iloilo City)
$26
  • Restaurant
Grand Dame Hotel(Iloilo City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsentrance feefew stepsdeluxe roomturkeysrelaxation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Despite the negative reviews in tripadvisor.com about the Anhawan Beach Resort & Spa, my wife and I booked at The Adhara, a 24-room hotel within the beach resort. Our high school batch reunion was going to be in Anhawan anyway so it was more convenient that we stayed there.

Our room, Baron 2, was huge with its own veranda facing the sea. Two large queen size beds, well-appointed room, clean facilities. Just 30 meters away was a big private pool for the guests of the hotel complex. There is also an exclusive restaurant and a convertible karaoke room for the daring. Gazebos surrounded by coconut trees adorn the complex.

The special experience in Anhawan was the sailing sessions with Olympian Nestor Soriano who taught us how to sail in a Hobie Getaway Cat.We have never sailed on our own but on our second session my wife and I alternately manned the rudders and the sails and zipped up to 10 knots when the wind cooperated. The peace, the quiet, the speed, the ease and the experience is indescribable.

Anhawan's beach is not like Boracay but the sailing is excellent. There are water sports facilities like jet skiing and para-sailing but hobie cat sailing is something else. When you are sailing, you commune with the sea and the wind.

I was lucky to have a chat with the owner who happened to be spending the holiday there with his daughters. His plans for the resort are ambitious. Given that Anhawan has a beach frontage of more than a kilometer, immediate plans include building a big restaurant that will rival Breakthrough and Tatoy's and if plans do not miscarry, a 100-room midrise hotel and other resort facilities. A well-known architect/planner had been engaged do do the masterplan for the 18.5-hectare property with the longest beach frontage in the island of Panay.

Iloilo does not have too many tourism resources. The new Anhawan Beach Resort has all the potential to become the biggest tourism destination for Iloilo and, most certainly, the sailing center of the Visayas.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rex D
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was looking for a resort for me and my friends to relax and enjoy, like a reunion. I was actually considering other resorts but then I decided to choose this one as they offer a lot of "activities" and I felt that these would be perfect for us. When I got there, there was a security guard at the gate to check and one of the staff is also waiting inside to let you in the resort. They asked me to go directly to the "Adhara Hotel" or whatsoever, that's the name of the accomodation and its kinda far from the gate and the main resort, according to them the resort and the accomodation has a different management. So I went straight to the hotel which is quite weird because I just saw all these houses but I couldn't see the main office or the reception area and there is no one around to guide me or anything. I was annoyed because it's a waste of time but I just keep on walking and finally a housekeeping staff saw me and she offered to guide me around. i went with her, I asked her if I can see the rooms and we checked both the Standard and the DeLuxe. It's nice and clean. I was feeling a little bit relieved to see that it was okay anyway and went to the reception area which is near the swimming pool and their small bar/restaurant. I checked if they still have available rooms but I did not booked it yet because I want to confirm it first to my friends if they want to stay in this place. After a day we decided to take it and I called to asked if I can book their Standard room but they said that there is no available rooms, which is really strange considering that I did not saw anybody in that place when I checked it. They told me they only have the DeLuxe and the other 2 choices which is quite expensive already for that simple place. The next day I came back again and inquire if they still have a Standard room and they said yes. What the??? They just told me over the phone that there are no more Standard rooms available... I should've left and go to other resorts but I don't know why I just let it go and I just carry on with the booking. They explained that I have to pay additional 500 per person as their rooms are good for 1-2 persons only which is ridiculous as the rooms can fit 5 persons and they have 2 double beds anyway but I understand as it is really business thing whatever.. It actually made me think if I should proceed but I am trying to think it over and I said yes and regrets followed for a whole day of staying in that incredibly boring and very overprice accomodation! The next day I was already with my friends and showed them my receipt, (I paid for it full by the way as they asked me to deposit atleast half of the price and to avoid anymore concerns I paid the whole amount), they gave me another lame excuse that because there are 5 of us I need to pay another 700 for an extra bed... It's like a slap on my face. I already paid them full a day before including the 500/person for the 3 extra persons, why can't they tell me that I need to pay for the extra bed???????? i was really upset, I really want to get mad and shout at them for ruining my day. So I just keep calm and try to act as humanly as possible and let it slip for the 3rd or 4th time... please I just want t enjoy my vacation!!! I paid them but it in my mind I was tempted to tell them that maybe this is why there is no one here in your freaking accomodation cause you're all so terrible! After that we went to our room and got disappointed again as there are 5 of us and we only have 2 mineral water in the rooms, no bathmat, no tv, no ref.. why did I went for these room? we just carry on with the horseback riding and more photos and went to the pool in the evening and again they explain we only have until 9pm to swim. Fine! We went outside to look for a place to have dinner because I don't to be disappointed again with their food and the price of course. We actually had a great time outside that resort, so when we got back again we plan to stay in their bar and have a few drinks and chat some more or maybe walk around for a bit. We checked the drinks menu and it was very expensive like really??? We decided not to drink and just use their wifi as it is only their in the bar/lounge/reception area where you can use the wifi. The lady in the reception was looking at us and I know she was thinking that we did not order anything so we might as well go out...and I was right cause she was talking to the waiter and then the waiter asked us to stay in the lounge cause they are gonna be closing at 10pm.. So we stayed in the lounge not long enough for them to tell us again that they're gonna closed the bar/reception so we had to stay outside along with the mosquitos. We just sat there and waited but they did not closed that stupid bar.. Truly unfair and we are their guests... What a place.. We got nothing to do at night. NOTHING... We just talked probably for an hour and went straight to bed. Next morning we proceed to the bar/restaurant because we have free breakfast and it was absurd as again it's only for 3 persons and the 2 would have to pay 150 each for that breakfast. I think there was 3 on the menu but there is only 2 choices available. After breakfast more photos and I was excited to get out of that overly price accomodation! Don't get me wrong the resort maybe good but DO NOT STAY in that ADHARA HOTEL!!! Not worth it... Truly regret the whole experience...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
14  Thank Kazumi88
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The place is good if you need relaxation outside the city as it very far from the Ilo-ilo proper. The staff are accommodating, few are friendly. The manager and housekeeper that welcome us are the only ones I can say that were friendly during our stay. The rooms are big and clean. Modern style and they have housekeeping regularly so it makes our stay comfortable. The downside is, there's nothing you can do there, it's recommended of unwinding and a retreat. Didn't tried swimming on their beach as it seems like no one is swimming, the swimming pool is nice however. By the way our room was upgraded and we were very grateful.

Room Tip: Mind relaxing, good for retreat or group travelers so you can create some activities on your stay.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LadyDanag
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was looking for a resort setting and this is not it. we planned on stying for a week but the first night that we stayed there I requested a type of soft drink they told me that they did not have it so my wife and I went into town to pick up my soft drink. when we got back we were informed that if the resort did not provide it we were not allowed to bring soft drinks, beer or food back to our room. Well that was enough for me to leave. so we got up the next morning to leave and they insisted that we pay for the whole week. our service was terrible and we were the only people at the resort. We finally left with the knowlegde that I would let the credit card company deal with them. (what do you mean we can not bring a diet coke into our room..... FAIL...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank D M
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a night to relax on a weekday. When we called to reserve a room, they were specific that no food should be brought into the compound by customers.
We requested for a room and they gave us the only room available which cost around 2700+ php per night, but it has no TV in the room. When we got to the resort, we asked again if they have available rooms with TV, this time, they said they did -- a superior room with TV. It costed around 3700+ a night. Big difference for a TV, but we agreed.

GOOD:
1) The room was nice and clean, but no hot shower, though
2) The superior room has 2 queen-sized beds, a mini-ref and a TV with cable.
3) The pool was nice and since they only let people who stay overnight to use that particular pool, it was not crowded.
4) Friendly staff at the reception and at the cafe
5) The Day-trip area is separate so there are no noisy day crowds

BAD:
1) There was a weird smell in the room when we came in. It went away when the aircon was turned on. But every time we come back to the room with the aircon off for a while, the smell is back.
2) The TV was practically useless. Despite it having cable connection, the signal is bad because the pictures were incredibly staticky. We should have gotten the standard room. We ended up not watching any TV on our first day.
3) Beach is not that nice, but it's clean
4) Kayaks were not available, despite of their advertisement. No explanation given.

WORSE:
1) Service is sooooo slow at the cafe. We ate there around 3 times and all those times there were only one other table being served but it took so long for them to give us menus, to get our order, to bring us the food and to have us sign the bill. Geez.

WORST:
1) Food prices are extremely high for the portions they serve. We ordered sisig (since a lot of the options in the menu were not available). It turned out that the serving was only good for one! We didn't bother ordering additional food since their service is so incredibly slow and we were so hungry. It was tasty though -- or maybe because hungry people usually find any food tasty? But a single-portion sisig costing more than 200 pesos served at a lethargic pace? Not worth it!

I would recommend this to people -- but I will tell them not to eat at the restaurant. Allan's is nearby and serves seafood and is known for oysters.

We didn't get to try their spa services since you have to make a reservation 2 hours before during weekdays.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple