Westown Hotel
Days Hotel Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$43
$35
Agoda.com
Urban Sands Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$47
$40
$29
$24
Agoda.com
Injap Tower Hotel(Iloilo City)
$41
$36
$88
$84
Travelocity
Grand Dame Hotel(Iloilo City)
$41
Agoda.com
Go Hotels Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$27
$26
$40
$37
  • Breakfast included
Harbor Town Hotel(Iloilo City)
$26
$24
  • Restaurant
Century 21 Hotel(Iloilo City)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsel doradonight lifefamily vacationwalking distanceboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We arrived late at night around 10PM because of the long journey. During check-in time, the receptionist did not make us sign a registration form nor gave us a receipt for our accommodation which we thought was odd but was okay. Anyway we paid in the amount indicated in their website. We were there for a special day and a first time in Iloilo! They gave us free tickets to swim in their small water park called El Dorado (it looks deep in pictures) but the deepest part is just above my hips. Did not swim much though.

Rooms were clean. But in the Bathroom, at first the shower water is brownish-yellowish-brownish but asked Maintenance to fix this and was okay afterwards.

Their Mini-bar was all we asked for. The bed was so comfy and very nice AC (it is very important for me).

In the night (we are party goers), we did not have to walk much since we are in the center of everything. Best place to stay when your purpose is to party all night long!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MissElle12
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Before considering a stay at this hotel, it is important to understand what you are getting yourself into! This hotel is located in Smallville in Iloilo City and during the day is very quiet and inactive. Some of the Smallville restaurants don't even open until dinner time. But when night falls, the people arrive and the whole area springs to life! It also becomes very noisy.

Important tip: Request a room facing away from the club (unless you want to sleep with earplugs in, but that may not even be enough to quell the rhythmic thumping emanating from the hotel owned club across from the lobby called MO2 Ice).

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in December. We were able to get promo rates so the hotel was very affordable. The first night we stayed in a deluxe room facing the club (oops). The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel staff were very helpful for any requests we had. A few of us were sick and we ran out of toilet paper in the middle of the night. Staff brought us a new roll within minutes of making the request. The only problem with the room was the rhythmic thumping that began around 9 pm from the club. Everyone in my family was exhausted and had no trouble sleeping (especially our kids, 10, and 2) except for me as I had a mild flu that in combination with the thumping prevented me from getting almost any sleep.

For our second and third nights we upgraded to a Junior Suite facing away from the club. The room was huge and had a center partition with the beds on the right of it and a small living room with a chair, couch, center table, fridge, and LCD TV. The TV was on swivel stand so you could flip it and watch it from the beds. Our older daughter loved going back and forth from the beds to the couch watching cartoons. Our youngest daughter loved running around the room giggling. The bathroom was clean and large, and the shower was fantastic. I believe the rooms have individual hot water heaters as the hot water would run out after about 5-10 minutes of use.

The WiFI network was not very stable and I had a lot of difficulty keeping our devices connected to it whenever it was available. We frequently had to go to the front desk to use the WiFi as it was more stable. The hotel staff did everything possible to help but I think the problem is the devices are low quality (Linksys Wireless G routers for the visible ones). The internet was down only for an hour or two during our entire stay.

The area around the hotel called Smallville is fantastic for restaurant options during the day and clubs at night. Although we had children with us and didn't use the clubs except for a brief visit on our last night, we walked around the Smallville area and ate at a few of the restaurants. They were very reasonably priced and the food quality was exceptional! One restaurant we highly recommend is the Filipino restaurant called Bauhinia. You will not be disappointed! Another plus is the river boardwalk which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. We didn't realize it was within walking distance until late on our last night! The next time we stay at Westown, we will definitely spend a lot more time here!!!

There is also a water-park at this hotel which the kids will just love. With your room reservation, you get 4 tickets per day for the water-park. You can also get your hand stamped for re-entry.

We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant each morning and it was decent. There is not a lot of options but the staff are friendly and attentive and the food was acceptable.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at Westown but it is not for everyone.

Room Tip: Request a room facing away from the hotel club if you want a good nights sleep! DO NOT book the Chalet (poolside) rooms unless you plan to party all day and night!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Curtis V
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here last Oct. 25-27, 2012 to attend a conference. We had a Deluxe room for P1500 a night (discounted price for advance booking >1month) but breakfast is not included. The rooms are clean, with hot and cold shower. They have a restaurant in the ground floor but then food is not a problem since there are several restaurants nearby and SM mall is just 5 minutes away by jeepney. They have a nice pool- El Dorado Waterpark. The staff are courteous, accommodating and very attentive to your needs.
We had a nice stay here except for the blaring bands from the nearby bar until the wee hours of the night echoing in our room. We requested to be transferred but unfortunately the hotel was fully booked at that time.
If you want to have a good night sleep, request for a room far away from the bar. We were in the 2nd floor.
I would recommend this hotel for its location and good value for money.

Room Tip: Request for a room far from their bar if you are in the 2nd floor. Book a room in the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ace2012
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This wasn't my first time to stay at the Westown in the Smallville area in Iloilo - the first when it was still relatively new, the last being just this past weekend, and several times in between. In general, I like to stay here because it's great value for money at around P2000 per night. However, I have seen some wear and tear starting to show but nothing too glaring to make one reconsider a 2nd consecutive night.

The Room.
The size is pretty average - not big, but not too small either. I usually just go for the very basic deluxe room, which is their cheapest. But it's pleasant enough to be cozy and comfortable. The only downside that I observed was that the safe in the closet is pretty tiny. Definitely too small to even fit my 11" MacAir so it was kinda useless to me.

The Bed.
On this last stay, I actually felt a bit disapointed. I'd always remembered their beds to be very comfortable with sheets and duvets that make you just want to stay in bed the entire day. But on this visit, I found the sheets and duvet to be less pristine white as I remembered them and you could tell that they have had more than their share of time spent in the washing machine.

The Bathroom.
The water pressure in the toilet bowl was a bit weak that I found myself using the trash bin as a bucket to dump water from the shower to flush. But despite this, there was a reason to smile - plenty of hot water and the water pressure in the shower is strong.

Overall, it was still a pretty pleasant 2 nights. The room's strong points actually cancelled out it's flaws. I will still choose to stay here in my future trips to Iloilo.

Room Tip: Smallville is a party zone with several clubs in and around the hotel. If you're a light sleeper like I am, go for a room on the top most floor (4th) and one that faces AWAY from the hotel's MO2 bar. Otherwise, you will have to endure the loud music coming from these clubs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelling_Noypi
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I really enjoyed our stay here! We booked a room at a discounted price. Checking inn was a breeze and staffs are friendly. What makes this hotel recommendable is their location. It's in smallville and a walking distance to SM and Plazuela. :) I also love the comfort of their bed, reminds me of home. We had a Deluxe room, got 2 complimentary bottled water, coffee and tea. Basic toiletries are also provided. They have great amenities too ( MO2 Ice, El Dorado Waterpark etc. ) and free WIFI inside the room! I highly recommend this hotel for those who plan to visit Iloilo.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family