“Breakfast”
Review of Urban Inn

Urban Inn
Ranked #14 of 52 Iloilo City B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The staff are so friendly the rooms are very clean and well maintained, but the problem with this place is the food, it has just changed hands the the breakfast menu is so poor its either fish and rice or just rice, take you pick. I went and bought some beams bread and asked for beans and egg on toast, god love the cook but she could not get the toast right.
For breakfast I would attempt to cross the road and dinr out.
The gym is a mini gym on the roof.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed in Urban Inn last Sept.14-16 and we must say, we really got a good deal out of this! The room was very clean, and the staff (even the security guards) are very accommodating. They in fact taught us how to speak in Ilonggo (their dialect) w/c helped us get through our stay in Iloilo. :) The place is very stratigic in a way that you only have to ride 1-2 jeep maximum in order to get to famous tourist spots in the city. The thing I liked best about this hotel is that it gives you a unique feel because of the interior of the place as well as their love for mother nature. If you'll be staying at this hotel, make sure to read their house rules (particularly regarding the bed sheet and towel replacement) and you'll see what I mean by love for Mommy Earth. :) The breakfast they served also tasted great (tapa is their best seller).

We'll never forget that place and hopefully be back again in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ayeen S
Reviewed August 23, 2012

LOCATION : You can access almost everywhere you want to go. It is near a shopping area, market, Internet cafe, church, spa, massage, salon, bakeshop, copy center, banks. If you commute, it's one ride to where you want to go. Taxis are everywhere.

STAFF: very friendly, courteous, professional. They go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and pleasant.

ROOMS: hot and cold shower, clean beddings, air condition, bidet toilets, cable TV, no wifi connection in certain rooms. You can access wifi in several places.

This hotel is continuously improving. Everytime I visit iloilo and stay at Urban Inn, I notice something new and improved. As of now, there is no elevator. However, the staff will help you with your baggage. The rooms don't have phones, but you can use the phone at the front desk.
I would highly recommend this place, still. I love the decor, the art, the arrangement, the furniture..etc.. It looks classy. There is a room for karaoke, meeting place, etc..at a very minimal cost. There is also a cafe at the 2nd floor. You have to experience this hotel...

Room Tip: Ask for the room closest to the stairs.. That's where the wifi is strongest..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Maria73110
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for a couple of nights (Aug 18 & 20) in a twin room. The staff are helpful and the rooms are quite clean specially the toilets; hot shower works well although the towels were not as absorbent as I'd like it to be.

There were three of us so we had to get an extra mattress on the floor and the room was spacious enough for that. I was the one who slept on the floor and I was not worried that my friends might step on me in the dark as they walk around the room in the middle of night to use the toilet or adjust the AC.

Since our stay was one night apart, we stayed at two different rooms. The windows in our first room was facing a wall so it was hard for us to tell if it was already morning; we were awakened by the staff who delivered our breakfast. In our second room the windows allow sunlight through. The second room was further down the hall compared to the first one.

The hotel is central as well. It's walking distance from the La Paz Market where one should taste the La Paz Batchoy at Netong's and coffee at Madge. There are salons close by and a spa. We went to the salon across the street for a haircut and manicure/pedicure. There's also a videoke room in the hotel which we visited. Although the lyrics flashed sometimes doesn't jive with the music we still had fun singing. It's just one jeepney ride to the city proper and one ride to Jaro as well where one could see plenty of ancestral houses and buildings.

Overall, it was a great place. I also love the decorations. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank litrato101
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The staff here are nice and accomodating. Even if you just walk in and got no reservation, they are willing to assist. Easy access around the city. The guard is also friendly. The next time that I need a quick stay, i'll consider this place again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gevie_bogsy11
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Urban Inn has a small building but the place is very homey and the staff are very friendly. They have small fitness center and a coffee shop at the third floor and second floor respectively. The lady staff who attended to me was very friendly and accommodating however she assigned me to room lettet "E" in which I heard a crying chicken early morning at 4am. (hmmmm great wake-up call though I supposed to be awake at 6am). The room is good enough for a single traveller like me, it is clean and the bed is soft however there is only one small pillow on it. I requested for a second pillow and thanks, the staff did not charge it from me (other hotels in the city charge for second pillow). The breakfast was okay, plated with beef tapa filling enough for me to start my day. I will be coming back to this Inn again but hopefully they will not give me a room near to the crying chicken in the morning.

Room Tip: This is a bit far from downtown but closer to Gaisano City Mall and Grand Damme Hotel in La Paz.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Joshua F
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have stayed in Urban Inn with my family. Must to say, clean and quite place. Very helpful reception. We left our stuff with them after our check out. Wifi works well. Breafast is oki, included in price. Nice they serve us food in room. Walk to Gaisano. PHP 70 to take a taxi to SM City. Some taxis dont know this place by new name, so ask them to go to Luna Street, La Paz and look for place. No lifts in place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family