“a night in the city”
Review of Urban Inn

Urban Inn
Ranked #14 of 51 Iloilo City B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The staff here are nice and accomodating. Even if you just walk in and got no reservation, they are willing to assist. Easy access around the city. The guard is also friendly. The next time that I need a quick stay, i'll consider this place again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gevie_bogsy11

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Urban Inn has a small building but the place is very homey and the staff are very friendly. They have small fitness center and a coffee shop at the third floor and second floor respectively. The lady staff who attended to me was very friendly and accommodating however she assigned me to room lettet "E" in which I heard a crying chicken early morning at 4am. (hmmmm great wake-up call though I supposed to be awake at 6am). The room is good enough for a single traveller like me, it is clean and the bed is soft however there is only one small pillow on it. I requested for a second pillow and thanks, the staff did not charge it from me (other hotels in the city charge for second pillow). The breakfast was okay, plated with beef tapa filling enough for me to start my day. I will be coming back to this Inn again but hopefully they will not give me a room near to the crying chicken in the morning.

Room Tip: This is a bit far from downtown but closer to Gaisano City Mall and Grand Damme Hotel in La Paz.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Joshua F
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have stayed in Urban Inn with my family. Must to say, clean and quite place. Very helpful reception. We left our stuff with them after our check out. Wifi works well. Breafast is oki, included in price. Nice they serve us food in room. Walk to Gaisano. PHP 70 to take a taxi to SM City. Some taxis dont know this place by new name, so ask them to go to Luna Street, La Paz and look for place. No lifts in place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BadTatay
Reviewed April 5, 2012

It was my first time to visit Iloilo and I found this place though research. Indeed, the staff are very accomodating. they help me a lot where the possible places I could visit. But because I'm in a very tight budget, they help me what jeepney will I take. Free WIFI and breakfast. The breakfast was served in my room. The food is very delicious.
My solo room is spacious, the room is clean. the CR is good. the heater is working well.
I highly reccomend this place and I'd love to go back and stay there again.
Thank you so much for a very pleasant welcoming a first timer in your city

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Chris Jesus G
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Urban Inn is like your home away from home. Staff are very friendly and accommodating, rooms are very cozy, nice ambiance and very clean, T&B are also very clean and their WiFi has sufficiently good signal so no need to be out in their public area. The free breakfast was also great. I highly recommend Urban Inn for the value you get for the price you pay, and we'll definitely be staying here again when we visit Iloilo.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jerome B
Reviewed October 1, 2011

urban inn is located in luna st la paz iloilo. our double ac room costs P1000 only and already includes breakfast. near sm save more; mc do and sm city.taxi to/fr sm and urban inn is only P68-70.
room is clean. shower room is ok but you have to change dials of the water heater for your desired temp.
no elevators but had wide wooden staircase.
breakfast is delivered promptly by the staff. it heavy and comes with slice of fruit(juice/choco/coffee,silogs or toasts w/ jams).
staff are warm and accomodating to the point of giving us tranpo tips/how tos even if we had yet to book with them.guard is helful in carrying our bags.
highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: choose lower floor rooms if u have knee probs or if carrying very heavy bags.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank cheeepat
Reviewed June 19, 2010

It's almost three weeks overdue, but let me share with you a good part of my recent one-night stay in Iloilo City. It was the first time I was able to come back after over a year.

I was on a tight budget so it was difficult to decide where to stay. I did my research online and found out about Urban Inn through their multiply site. The moment I saw the photos, I was drawn in since I'm very much a fan of sleek, modern interior design. The prices of the rooms sealed the deal with only P800 (with breakfast) as the most affordable.

I had my friend call Urban Inn the same day I was arriving to guarantee room availability. They agreed to reserve one Standard 1 for me. Check-in was easy and the guy who assisted me was very courteous.

My room was on the 4th floor which wouldn't have been a problem if there was an elevator. Good thing I didn't hoard too much of my stuff since I was only staying overnight.

I was offered two options. I could either get the smaller room with a single bed which came with complimentary breakfast, or a slightly bigger room with a queen bed with no breakfast. I chose to get the former because it was right on the facade of the building so it had a nice view. It gets a little noisy inside though because of the Luna Street traffic so they could've done a better job at sound proofing the room. Nonetheless, it was a far better space than the other room I was offered which looked dingy and unfinished.

The restoom was clean and quite spacious. I was glad I could always have a hot shower. But I don't understand why there's no mirror inside. So when I shaved I had to step out of the shower and do it in front of the full sized mirror beside the restroom door.

What was noticeable is the number of electrical outlets. There were at least 5 or 6 in my room which was great.

Breakfast (in bed) was very basic. It was rather bland but it's not terrible.

The cost also includes complimentary wireless Internet which was pretty fast. The only basic thing missing was toothpaste which they offered at P10 per sachet.

The place reminds me of those nice boutique hotels that are very trendy. But this is obviously not a luxurious accommodation. The furnishings are very SM Department Store. Not that there's any problem with that since everything seems to be fairly new and working properly. You can't expect Philippe Starck or Jonathan Adler for only P800 a night.

I would gladly stay at Urban Inn again. I'd even like to have the same room the next time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo