“the place you'll never want to be in!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Residence Hotel

The Residence Hotel
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Iloilo City
manila
“the place you'll never want to be in!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

From manila, I flew to iloilo this week end for the dinagyang festival and stayed in this hotel because of my friend. obviously i have nothing to do with the choosing of hotels but since he's the one who's from iloilo i just said yes to him over the phone. one more thing is that, he told me that there were no available rooms in other hotels so we have to take this one ASAP. i googled the hotel online and i told my self, the amenities are ok, so i assumed that my stay will be good. that day when we arrived at the hotel i just felt really really BAD. It STINKS!!! the smell of an old man who haven't showered for a month! argh very terrible. We have no choice but to check in because our room was already paid. on our way to the second floor, there is another distinct odor that you can smell... and tadaaaa the welcoming committee are the soiled sheets and pillow cases on a huge pile (very huge pile!)and it really stinks. GOD help me! :( i really can't wait to go in our room to get away with that scene. but again, the room is terrible... and i got rashes from the bed! tsss...

there were no hot water for the shower, Cable TV is turned off after midnight, Very very poor service. don't believe anything that is on the page of this hotel because none of them is true!!! JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL... all of the previous reviews are true except GovindaRaut's What's wrong with you? if there is worst than the worst service i'd say that's the service you'll get if you stay in this hotel!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank terrible c

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kathmandu, Nepal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

When We got a confirmation of hotel booked in the Residence Hotel, it made us afraid of spending four nights in the hotel due to previous comments. We decided to stay first night and look for another hotel if service is poor.
We got on time airport pick up service and good hospitality in the hotel. We felt friendly and helpful staff. They provided us delicious sea foods, on time service, neat and clean room.
The scene from the hotel is incredible. We easily got Taxi and Jeepsy from the hotel to SM Super Market. Other Supermarkets are in the walking distance. We really enjoy staying in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank GovindaRaut
Wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

I stayed here with my partner & family in 2 rooms for a couple of nights recently and experienced several problems and the staff really don't care.
First night there was no hot water but when again in the morning there was still no hot water I complained. They sent the "Bellboy" to fix it??? I was told that there are no maintenance until Monday morning. Uhh???
I tried the free internet, but apparently it 'just' stopped working???
On the 2nd night we went to the (empty) bar with the family. The service was a sambles, slow, wrong order, poor English and after several attempts it took 1/2hr to get 5 drinks!!!
Oh, and there are no managers or supervisors working on Sunday either, so nothing gets done.
We complained again the next day when we checked out early. The staff just do NOT care. No apology, bad attitude and I was finally told to look for another hotel if I was not happy.
Try Century 21. Similar price and much better experience!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cracker9

Travelers are raving about these Iloilo City hotels

san diego, ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2009

I stayed in this hotel with my 9-year-old son for an overnight stay but it was the most horrible night. We were given a nice room with a balcony overlooking Iloilo River. The whole day stay turned out well but when nighttme came, the bands started playing just below us, so loud it made us stay up all night.. When I called the front desk if we could move to a room farther from the noise, we were told there was no more room available. So we just tolerated the noise. The only consolation for my son was he get to watch a lot of cartoons, but suddenly their cable was off too, and they told us it will be off indefinitely. The bands stopped playing at around 2AM. But sometime around 5AM, just when I started to get some sleep, there was a loud noise from the ceiling. It was coming from the room above us. The guest sounded like he was having a fit or a seizure, he was throwing stuff on the floor. I immediately called the operator who said it was a Korean guest who's been a long-time guest in the hotel. I went upstairs to that floor together with my son and one of the hotel aides and started knocking on that room to ask that crazy Korean what his problem was. Well, it turned out he's not even man enough to open the door! And the hotel management didnt do anything about it.

• Liked — room with a view
  • Disliked — hostile crazy Korean guests/indifferent staff and management/band noise late at night
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family