“The Most Hotel for the Money”

Grand Regal Hotel Bacolod
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed October 31, 2011

First, let me say, if you ever go to the Philippines, get away from Manila, Luzon and try to get to any other island except for Mindanao where the rebels are located. The flight to Silay airport outside of Bacolod is only 1 hour and 10 minutes, you go up to your elevation and almost immediately begin your descent.Once at Silay it only takes a few minutes to get your luggage. Since you will want to rest before going to another location on Negros, take a taxi to the Grand Regal Hotel, the driver will know where it is located. We had stayed at a few other hotels in Bacolod before the Grand Regal and have paid about $40 to $45 a night, about P1680 to P1890 depending on the exchange rate and for the purpose of this review I will use P42 per one U.S. dollar. These other hotels were rather disgusting and I won't go into detail. However, I don't know how the Grand Regal keeps the room rate where it is, at P999, under $24 a night. The rooms are spacious with a king size bed, next to the bed you have a control panel for all the lights. Each room has its own air conditioner and hot water heater for the shower. Also included is a large enough television with many channels. The staff is very good with the best being Rose Marie, one of the hostesses at the restaurant. She speaks excellent English and loves to talk when approached. They offer a wonderful breakfast buffet as well as many choices on the menu, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But even better, there is a mall right across the street where you can do any shopping, including groceries if you so choose, plus a good number of eateries. One of them you will find in every city in the Philippines called Mang Inasal. They offer fish and other items but the best deal is the chicken, either dark or white meat, the dadrk being the whole leg and the white being a breast and wing, including all you can eat rice. If you want to fill up and only spend, at least the last time we were there, either P85 or P95, a little more then $2, this is a great place. They also have a movie theater if you need to kill some time. I recommend staying there when you get to Negros and when you leave, as you will have to go through Manila both ways, and in my mind, Manila is the last place you want to be unless you have business there. Whatever you do, get out of the cities and see the country, it is beautiful. Green all year, rice paddies, sugar cane and groves of mangoes everywhere you look. Plus, almost everywhere you go you can eat fresh seafood for very little money.

Room Tip: Ask if any parties will be going on outside the hotel. If so, get a room on the other side of the ho...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ricky L

Reviewed June 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 10 days this past May and was really impressed by how clean it was and how courteous the staff was. The location was great, just across from a mall. And the price was right, just 19USD per day. This was my 3rd trip to the Philippines and this was the best hotel experience to date!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mok1
Reviewed March 23, 2011

A group of us, 20 all in stayed at this hotel. Overall it would have been a great stay. Just opposite a shopping mall and very easy to get things if you need it. The staff are friendly. You can count breakfast out....not worth it. The rooms are ok except the water that comes out...either it trickles like they are being rationed or it turns out black...we had a clean cloth covering the shower spray and guess what? At the end of the trip I realised it was black! Mine is not the only room, others as well, so it is not just which room I stayed. As it was promotional price of 999 pesos a night it's not too bad. The room is big enough and yes, they clean it daily which is good.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Travel-GetPaid
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I booked for an overnight stay. I was with my girlfriend. The location is very convenient. Just across the street is a big mall. It is also very near Bacolod's night life district, just a few minutes walk. They got a really nice and big room for a cheap price and the receptionist was kind enough to let me check in earlier than the check in time. Our room was clean and well-appointed, particularly the bathroom. They also charge cheaply for ironing clothes. The internet connection in my room is decent. Some things I noticed, when I took a shower, the water had some kind of foul smell which eventually disappeared anyway. The stand lamp isn't also working like the one in the other room where we stayed last month. But nevertheless, overall, I had a nice sleep and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FWB004
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Grand Regal is a OH-KAY hotel for me. They got a big lobby and parking lot. I'm kinda disappointed with the cleanliness of the bathroom, it definitely needs refurbishing. We got two standard rooms and my dad said that their bed sheets are kinda looks like not totally clean. The hotel also have this creepy feeling since its huge and there are a lot of doors in the hallway.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MavDuran
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I have written a review of the grand regal 2 years ago. So when we came to visit Bacolod in May 2009, we looked at other hotels and compared it with Grand Regal. But again, we chose the Grand Regal because of it's proximity to the Mall ( across is Gaisano) , it's convenience to transportation, the rooms with their wood floors as well as the openness of their lobby. And yes, we were never disappointed by the Grand Regal from their staff at the front desk, the concierge service, the food staff and housekeeping, we are extremely satisfied. They have a summer special and we paid Php 999.00/night for 6 nights. The food was very good. I can say that it's service can be compared to 5 star hotels. We are Marriott Platinum card holder and I can say service at the Grand Regal is just as good. Thanks to everybody who made our stay a great one as always. Keep up the good work. We'll be back in 2011, God willing !!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GKirton
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Like the location, very accessible. The Hotel Staff is very friendly, they suggest the best price. They gave us a very cozy and relaxing room. The fridge is packed. The Hotel Staff is very accommodating. Will recommend with our foreign friends and will definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple