“Not too bad....minus the water”

Grand Regal Hotel Bacolod
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed March 23, 2011

A group of us, 20 all in stayed at this hotel. Overall it would have been a great stay. Just opposite a shopping mall and very easy to get things if you need it. The staff are friendly. You can count breakfast out....not worth it. The rooms are ok except the water that comes out...either it trickles like they are being rationed or it turns out black...we had a clean cloth covering the shower spray and guess what? At the end of the trip I realised it was black! Mine is not the only room, others as well, so it is not just which room I stayed. As it was promotional price of 999 pesos a night it's not too bad. The room is big enough and yes, they clean it daily which is good.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Travel-GetPaid

Reviewed February 15, 2011

I booked for an overnight stay. I was with my girlfriend. The location is very convenient. Just across the street is a big mall. It is also very near Bacolod's night life district, just a few minutes walk. They got a really nice and big room for a cheap price and the receptionist was kind enough to let me check in earlier than the check in time. Our room was clean and well-appointed, particularly the bathroom. They also charge cheaply for ironing clothes. The internet connection in my room is decent. Some things I noticed, when I took a shower, the water had some kind of foul smell which eventually disappeared anyway. The stand lamp isn't also working like the one in the other room where we stayed last month. But nevertheless, overall, I had a nice sleep and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FWB004
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Grand Regal is a OH-KAY hotel for me. They got a big lobby and parking lot. I'm kinda disappointed with the cleanliness of the bathroom, it definitely needs refurbishing. We got two standard rooms and my dad said that their bed sheets are kinda looks like not totally clean. The hotel also have this creepy feeling since its huge and there are a lot of doors in the hallway.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MavDuran
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I have written a review of the grand regal 2 years ago. So when we came to visit Bacolod in May 2009, we looked at other hotels and compared it with Grand Regal. But again, we chose the Grand Regal because of it's proximity to the Mall ( across is Gaisano) , it's convenience to transportation, the rooms with their wood floors as well as the openness of their lobby. And yes, we were never disappointed by the Grand Regal from their staff at the front desk, the concierge service, the food staff and housekeeping, we are extremely satisfied. They have a summer special and we paid Php 999.00/night for 6 nights. The food was very good. I can say that it's service can be compared to 5 star hotels. We are Marriott Platinum card holder and I can say service at the Grand Regal is just as good. Thanks to everybody who made our stay a great one as always. Keep up the good work. We'll be back in 2011, God willing !!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GKirton
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Like the location, very accessible. The Hotel Staff is very friendly, they suggest the best price. They gave us a very cozy and relaxing room. The fridge is packed. The Hotel Staff is very accommodating. Will recommend with our foreign friends and will definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsAussie
Reviewed December 31, 2008

Hello everyone,
I am Dulce from Hong Kong and a frequent traveller. I love Bacolod so much. I just went there once. At first, I've checked-in to it's nearby hotel but I wasn't satisfied so I decided to moved to Grand Regal Hotel. Staying there is great, spacious rooms and the people were very hospitable. Delicious and cheap food.
I will definitely be there again!!!!!!
Dulce, Hong Kong

Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank RANDYLYN
Reviewed December 27, 2008

Just got married few days ago at GRAND REGAL HOTEL BACOLOD CITY. The service? it is very stupid and [--]! The reception shld start at 3 pm. upon arrival at around 4 pm or quarter to 4, the food were not ready and we were informed that it will b served at 6 pm according to the kitchen personnel. they even showed us a piece of paper that foods will be at 6 pm. my husband and i were very pissed off and dissapointed but we have to continue the prog. when we entered i noticed tha the chocolate fountain was not working. it shld start b4 our arrival so we decided to pull out the choc fountain. the buffet service should be controlled by the waiters but no one assisted our guest on the buffet table.some visitors also told us that we ran out of foods at the buffet station..when one of our relatives told them, that was the time they refill the foods. we talked also about the parade of the waiters b4 the toast of the wine.....bt is was just a dream. so to everyone who are planning to celebrate your special occasion at the GRAND REGAL HOTEL BACOLOD CITY, PLEASE DONT! CHOOSE OTHER HOTELS.....we paid in good faith but what we got is not worth our money. after the reception we talked to the manager and account executive and what we got was SORRIES. AGAIN IF YOU WANT TO INVEST YOUR MONEY....PLEASE NOT IN GRAND REGAL HOTEL BACOLOD CITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY POOR SERVICE!!!!!!
>>>>newly_wed1226@yahoo.com

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank chiatzi