“I had a nice experience”

The Inns Bacolod by The Oriental
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed here twice already andon both counts, I am satisfied with the experience. It is a decent hotel and very near SM Bacolod. The staff were very nice and very helpful in answering my queries and assisted us in getting a cab going to the airport.

I even recommended TSM to my mom's friends when they visited Bacolod and they were happy with the experience too. No frill, just very nice and comfy experience. And the rate is very reasonable considering that we checked in during the Masskara Festival week.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lovelee T

Reviewed December 21, 2013

what makes a hotel - good service and great warm staff. They have made my stay very pleasant. the staff take an extra mile to serve. I left my wallet in the room, the money was intact.

the locations is good, near SM.

but hotel is old and needs updating to make its price comparable (although I got a discounted price) ....shower not so hot, etc., I heard they plan to do it next year, I hope they do this well.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Janalynnr
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have to mention our experience with the unlocked door because until now I couldn't get over why it was opened. Nothing was stolen from our room so this remains a mystery to me. At about 10pm on the night of our stay, we had to go out to buy food because room service wasn't available. There was a convenience store across the street from the hotel. I clearly remember checking the door whether it was locked or not from the outside when we were leaving. When we came back a few minutes later, the door was already open. This really got me worried because there was no safety deposit box inside the room and things like murder were going through my mind. We were about to call security but I thought it was embarrassing considering how big of a man I am, so we had to check the room ourselves. There was nothing taken from our room. We didn't report it because of that.

Apart from that, our other complaint was the lack of room service. We were told that the cook was not in so the kitchen was closed. They didn't bother to offer alternatives.

The bathroom only had soap and shampoo and the two necessary towels but nothing else. Hot shower was available but they need to fix how the water comes out of the shower.

The sheets smelled funny. I first thought it was just the smell of disinfectant. Then I remember it was the usual smell of a very drunk person.

The people were nice though.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ferdinand L
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My first hotel experience is at The Sylvia Manor and it was satisfying because I have nothing to compare it to at that time. One thing I know for sure is that TSM values their customers although this is not consistent for the last times I've came here. Room is great with 2 beds, spacious, complete amenities, free WiFi, buffet breakfast, and location friendly. I would surely recommend this place to people who are looking for hotels in the heart of Bacolod City.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Sylvia Manor is a convenient location for travelers who wish to immerse in the local life of Bacolod City . It's very near the reclamation area where you can find the sprawling SM City Bacolod and Manokan Country where you can find rows of restaurants serving chicken inasal ( go to Aida's for the best inasal ) . The hotel is also a short walk to the city plaza , San Sebastian cathedral and the business district . The hotel rooms are average and the bathrooms are quite old . Water pressure is good and so is the hot/cold shower . Bath towels are already worn out however , service is good and the staff are friendly . Breakfast spread is usually two dishes only but tasty and well-cooked . During my stay , I learned that the hotel was recently bought by LKY Corporation , the same group that manages the Oriental Hotel in Tacloban , so maybe we could expect upgrades in the future .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This is my 1st time to stay in a 3 star hotel. Hubby and I stayed there last March for a 4days and 3 nights vacation in Bacolod. We chose it because of its location. It's near in Sm and you can easily get in/out of the town because local transportations are everywhere.Don't expect much from the rooms.You get what you pay for but the staffs are very much accommodating. Excellent service of the staffs. I have no problem from the time I made a reservation by phone till the time we check out.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013

All in all, Sylvia Manor was an excellent choice for us. We had come to witness the Masskara festival, and hence wanted a place close to the festivities.

Pro - location -
Sylvia Manor is really close to everything - to watch the parade, we just walked 4 mintues along San Sebastian street and arrived at Araneta avenue, where we stayed put, watching the parade and street dancing, beginning to end.

Pros - Hotel staff -
The customer service was excellent, cheerful and very helpful - whether it was the smiling well dressed man who picked us up at the airport, the reception who served us a welcome drink, and the itinerary for the Masskara, or the restaurant personnel.

Pros - Room -
The air con was good, room was BIG, bed was soft, and TV was good (though we hardly watched it - we were out most of the time, enjoying the masskara festival).

Pros - Food -
The free breakfast in the morning is good - buffet style, juice, coffee, toast, eggs, llonganisa, rice, fruit. Since the restaurant is small and cosy, we thought it would be a trouble to accommodate crowds during the festival, but we never had any problems. They ahve a large seating place in the meeting room / big restaurant adjacent tot eh lobby.

Food was fantastic - especially the sea food. I have to admit, Bacolod city is among the only places in the Philippines (alongwith Boracay and Manila) where I actually enjoyed the food!

Cons - noise -
I think another guest also had written about this. We had taken the street facing room. the sound proofing of the windows is average (or perhaps the noise from outside was too loud?) There was a shop opposite which was selling stereos and had music blaring loudly - we could hear some of it despite the "sound proofing" - I hope the hotel does something about this.

Room Tip: Avoid street facing rooms - they are too loud!