Pension Bacolod
  • Restaurant
Royal Am Rei(Bacolod)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Easy to find some rooms really good price below 300 pesos free wifi (good and fast) & restaurant inside. Close to city center. Rooms are clean staff friendly. Prices are available for single double or more occupation. Free hot water for breakfast or you can buy breakfast

Room Tip: Fan rooms are ok and small budget for backpackers
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PierreAvo
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The city of Bacolod was to be no more than a stepping stone for me, but having become ill, i stayed in the city until I was well enough to leave. I stayed for a week in total.

I was alerted to the Pension Bacolod as a result of an excellent review from the Lonely Planet guide book.

Upon entering the premises I was greeted warmly by the staff. It looked clean & professionally run. I opted for a single, fan room which on face value looked great value for money. Although looking clean enough, the room was also home to a range of tiny insects. Later I was awoken by the sound of cockroaches. I killed around 5 that evening. I could also hear something in the ceiling running around. The assumption was a small rodent, maybe mice. The following day I asked to move another room which the staff obliged.

My new room was far better. It was in the garden area. It was brighter & there were no cockroaches. I was satisfied. There were still the tiny ants. I could live with these. The room was still great value for money.

The hotel had a restaurant with a range of food & drinks which proved very popular with the guests. There was a TV & there was also free Wifi access. Frustrating for myself was the no-smoking policy was not adhered too. Staff sold cigarettes from the restaurant & would let people spark up with challenging them. I took it upon myself to customers, although I was disappointed staff did not do this themselves. The plant pots were being used as ashtrays.

The location is ideal for Bacolod. It is close to the main road where the jeepneys pass up & down. The bus terminal & shopping mall are easily accessible.

Room Tip: Opt for the garden area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Great place cheap place... basically a bed running water and quite. What more could one expect for the price...
Has a small on site resto actually situated right in middle of pension. I came across this place while out for a walk. Safe area I felt and easy to walk around exploring or people watching.
I liked the outside apperance of this castle like pension.
Staff- seems that they are on island time and abit slow but again I was not paying a large amount. Its actually one of cheapest places ive ever stayed in the philippines.
Ill be back again for sure, if your on a budget or short stay with a rusitc feel.... this is your stay..
Sheets are clean and only changed!! If you ask.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank rustichonestreviews
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed there last Nov. 6-11, 2013. The hotel is at 11th St. along Lacson Bacolod. The staff were friendly and accommodating. From the security guard to front desk to housekeeping they were all friendly! We got the aircon room w/ tv for Php 675/day. The downside is that it's kinda far from the main road but there is a pedicab that can take wherever you want!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had a terrible experience at Pension Bacolod. We had to make our own beds because the staff couldn't be bothered and handed us the sheets. We found 2 dead cockroaches under the bed. During the night we had a mouse crawling over us. We reported the problem to reception but they didn't care and they laughed and then took a further 20 minutes to come and look at the room. They then sprayed the room with an intoxicating spray so we couldn't sleep in that room & requested a room change but the only room they had available was a single bed. We asked for an extra bed but they declined. The staff were very noisy through out the night.The following morning we complained to the management but he didn't care and charged us full price for a single bed and there was no apology. Also when using wifi in the restaurant there were cockroaches running around.

Room Tip: Check for cockroaches and mice before sleeping in the room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank lindsey c
savvymgt, Manager at Pension Bacolod, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Ms. Lindsey,
We have noted your complaints dated Nov. 11, 2012. A full investigation has been conducted and all employees concerned have been strongly reminded regarding our strict adherence to polite and efficient service. We have been in the business for 22 years and continue to regularly implement pest control measures. We sincerely apologize about the unfortunate incident during your stay. We stand behind our promise to provide the best rooms at the most reasonable rates and appreciate your feedback.