“Amazing hospitality - I felt like we lived there!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Palmas del Mar Conference Resort Hotel
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Amazing hospitality - I felt like we lived there!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

Really a hidden surprise in an otherwise bustling, island town. The grounds are extensive and well maintained, lush and tropical and directly on the water. Two pools - both large and both with water features - big fun slide for kids and adults, expansive pool area also right on ocean.

The resort is not your stuffy posh experience, lots of living and lounging spaces both covered and uncovered give you the feeling you are relaxing in a rambling family beach house. There are numerous wings and if you like quiet - would avoid the ones that face the pools. The center of the resort appears to be a bustling place so if a quiet space by the pool is what you are looking for - there are suites available that overlook a small adult lap pool. Excellent location for families, reunions, weddings - gathering the friends.

The staff went beyond hospitality - the bar and eatery around the pool is the relaxing place to be. The owners are present and visible and they make one incredible pork bbq!!

Fantastic service, food and ambiance at amazing value.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
HK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

I guess this is the overall experience in the area as well. Not because of the hotel. It was qutie old, we experienced cut out of power twice.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank PhyllisKei
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2009

I first arrived at Palmas Del Mar in December of 2008. I accompanied a friend and his family to spend Christmas in the Philippines. We staid at Palmas Del Mar, which is nestled in the province of Negros, in Bacolod City, which in fact is nickname the city of smiles, which surely reflects the staff at Palmas!
A typical morning I was awaken by the sounds of sweeping of the walkways with a straw broom, a soothing sound compared to the hustle and bustle of city life I am used to. It was a 40 second walk from cottage style room to the pool bar where I would have breakfast every morning. It took me a long time to figure out how long it would take because it would take me at least 10 minutes. Because I was greeted by everyone who crossed my path, with cheerful good mornings and making sure I was having a wonderful time. They made feel so welcome which made my trip so memorable.
The food was excellent and inexpensive with many foreign dishes available. The rooms were adequate but charming. There is easy access to down town and you are strategically located if you wanted to visit nearby Islands. The local culture is somewhat different then you would be accustomed to but very friendly and family oriented. Family is the foundation of their culture, which is very refreshing. I believe the strongest point of Palmas Del Mar would be there staff. They are very sincere in making sure your needs are met, from management right down to the grounds keeper.
After returning home, I figured the novelty of visiting South East Asia would wear off, but it didn’t. I returned to the Philippines in August of 2009 and obviously I staid in Palmas. It was like I never left, they treated me like family …actually more than that…like family who has finally returned home!

Many thanks to Ronnie and the gang at Palmas Del Mar for a memorable adventure, you have a friend from Canada that will never forget your hospitality!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

The perfect location for families and couples with relaxation in mind. The accommodation itself is situated in a very peaceful beach side combined with a peaceful atmosphere. Situated in a quiet area of the resort and the nearest restaurants and bars are a short distance away.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IN2U
Moncton, New Brunswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

I had the pleasure of traveling to the Phillippines for the first time almost a year ago. the trip was supposed to be for four weeks but because of the Management and Staff of Palmas del Mar, I absolutely had to extend my stay two more weeks. It took no time at all for me to feel that I had found a home away from home. The rooms were very comfortable and kept very clean every day. The staff were absolutely wonderful and welcoming and made me feel as though I was a dignitary from a foreign country. All of my requests and needs were taken care of promptly and with a huge smile. It brings a smile to my face when I think of Rolly, Ricky, Che Che, Analyn, Rose and Jenna just to name a few. Brian and Raffy were especially helpful during my last two weeks, accompanying me in the evening if I wanted to go downtown for a little. I became part of the Palmas family and they weren't about to let any harm come to me I'm due to travel back to the Phillippines in January 2010, and I can't wait to check-in at Palmas del Mar and see my family again. I recommend this in the strongest of terms. TWO THUMBS UP

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank RetireHappy
Palmas del Mar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

The only thing I could find wrong with the Palmas del Mar was the less than adequate shower facilities, but I didn't stay in the shower all the time I was there. The food was good, the staff was friendly and accommodating. When we arrived, the front of the Motel was a little scary but behind that was some nice real estate and great for picture taking. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it an eight and a half and have to recommend it with few reservations. I'll go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Asianflower
cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

arrived from uk via hong kong for my brothers wedding.. the service was fantastic, the wedding excellent and the staff helpful, hardworking and always happy to help ..would recommend to any form of traveller. Although accommodation minamalist it was clean and supplied all travellers needs ... i also got taken out on a girls day visiting the sites by Resa the managers wife so a really fantastic place to chill .. thanks for a lovely memory

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business