Palmas del Mar Conference Resort Hotel
$23
  • Restaurant
O Hotel(Bacolod)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsibericofriendly and attentive serviceisland poolpicture takinglocal friendsstaying guestsromantic placefamily bondinggarden areagreat amenitiestake picturesclean roomsswimming poolnice poolweddingsubdivisionpoolside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Me and hubby went there September 2011. As soon as we got to the airport we immediately saw Fred (the hotel driver) standing there with my name on a placard. Very friendly guy who drove and enlightened us about certain places we drove past. When we got to the hotel the bellboy showed us two of the Iberian suites and gave us a choice.

I loved the atmosphere in this place, our room was cleaned everyday and beddings were changed daily. We were also given fresh towels everyday. The staff always are all so polite and honest. They do everything they can to make ur stay as comfortable as possible. The hotel is also very safe, although you have to go through the "ghetto" to reach it.
One word of advice tho'. When you take a taxi from the town center to the hotel, some taxi driver will try and con you. I remember one told me its very far so they will have to charge me a fix price instead of turning on the meter. I, of course, called it bluff, smiled and told him not to worry, we will take the taxi behind to which he replied ok.. i will turn the meter on.
The only negative thing i could say about this place is the food is too expensive. On the very first day we arrived there, i decided to have lunch with my family in the hotel and the total bill was P3,400!! That was for three set meals.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank lee237lee
Reviewed January 7, 2012

This "resort" is not a resort for couples but rather for groups and family's with kids in tow.

If you are looking for a resort with peace and quiet, avoid this "resort."

Also, they need to update their website.

1) You have to call them from overseas to find out how to book a room and then present your credit card details including security numbers which doesn't leave you with a hell of a lot of confidence because anyone can have access to your credit card once you do this.

2) Instead of putting the room rates and room configurations on the website, you have to email them back and forth to figure out what sort of room to get and then to ask for room rates.

3) The rooms do NOT come with breakfast even though the norm in the hotel industry is to include breakfast with rooms for the sort of rates this "resort" charging.

Booking a room with this "resort" is more stressful than anything and can be avoided if the hotel bothered to upgrade their website and their room booking/online payment system.

It's really not so difficult to do if they BOTHERED.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Diving-Addiction00
Reviewed December 10, 2011

- Nice place to stay~
- Great sunset view and its near the beach
- Prize no that reasonable
- Pool is not that big to accommodate large number of people.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Every time relatives from abroad come over to Bacolod, we always recommend Palmas del Mar. This resort is the best in the city for relaxation and unwinding. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are very well-appointed. If your coming for a dip, then Palmas del Mar has many pools to choose from. The location is a bit far from the heart of bustling Bacolod which makes it a peaceful getaway. I live in Bacolod and once in a while, I go to this place to relax. In fact I'm a resort member. They got a new wing, the Iberian Suites, which I think are the best rooms in the resort. The food in the resort is good and is relatively cheap.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank FWB004
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Palmas del Mar is such a lovely place. My friend and I were quite grateful that when we booked our accommodation we got a 50% discount on our second night. That was such an irresistible offer that we didn't hesitate to stay there for a couple of days. I loved the pool and just simply being there. I enjoyed my mornings exploring the place. Also, they have a really friendly staff. However, food options are pricey (but delicious!!) and the location is somewhat far from the city proper, thus going to the mall and elsewhere will have to cost you lots on taxi fares. But overall, I loved my stay in Palmas del Mar!

Room Tip: Choose the lagoon room or the garden room if you are on a budget.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends