Circle Inn - Hotel & Suites
$18
O Hotel(Bacolod)
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsdeluxe roomzen roomconvenience storepool viewbreakfast buffetinternet accesscity of smilesbacolod citynice poolfamily roomroom service ishotel staffcable tvaccommodating staffhot waternew wingjeepney ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are clean, very elegant and classy... my favorite hotel in Bacolod so far... with 24hr convenient store nearby... Foods and room services were great too... all food that we ordered were so delicious.. I would recommend deluxe room to everyone who loves class and elegance... It's just so perfect. The interiors of the hotel are exquisite. Can't wait to come back.... :)

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank xtnjd
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with friends, room was spacious.. front desk was accommodating..we waited an hour before we could check in, we were at the hotel around 1pm but the room wasn't available until 3pm(don't really know the reason) that ticked as off a bit but the staff offered a late check out the following day (usual check out is 12 noon, we could stay until 1pm). Over all a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Charmaigne A
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Me and my boyfriend have been returning guests of this hotel since 2012. He is a foreigner and he would be in Bacolod atleast 3 times a year for a couple of days and we have always stayed in this hotel because of the location and convenience. And so far we have been satisfied with our stays. Not until our last stay a few days ago (Feb 8-13, 2014). His flight was still at 8:35PM, so I asked him if it's possible to ask the front desk for a late check out for free although we knew well that they have a charge for it and that maybe they can consider since we were regular customers. He then informed me that they have allowed us to stay until 5PM for free but beyond that they will charge for the whole day rate. Due to an urgent meeting, we have decided to check out at 2:15PM and just leave our luggage at their storage room. Upon paying the bill, we were surprised that they have charged us for the half day rate. We tried to inform them about what has been agreed by the AM front desk and my boyfriend. However, the AM front desk has already left. They tried to call her and she returned at the hotel. She said she informed him about the half day rate until 5PM. We thought that there must be a misunderstanding that's why we decided to pay the late check out fee and asked them if it's possible to keep the room until 5PM. They allowed us and we returned our lugagge inside the room and left for a meeting. Due to series of meetings, we arrived at the hotel at 4:58P.M. I know well that we can only keep the room until 5PM that's why I asked the front desk if it's possible to give us another 15minutes since my boyfriend wanted to take a shower since he will be travelling a long flight going back to his country. But the front desks informed us that it wasn't possible because the charging was automatic in their system. I asked them we only needed few minutes and if it's possible to talk to the manager for approval. But they told us that they didn't have a manager that time and the assistant of the manager was also on leave. I explained to them that we have already paid the half day rate, is it too much to ask for another 15 minutes for a regular customer who stayed for 5 nights just to take a quick shower? I even gave them other options, but unfortunately they didn't want to do anything for us. I felt so disappointed that time but my boyfriend did't want to argue anymore so we just took our luggage and checked out at 5:04PM. I asked the front desk if the other half day rate was automatically charged in their system because we were beyond 4 minutes. She said yes, but they can cancel it since it was only 4 mins. How come they can cancel the 4 mins but not the 15mins? It was so disappointing! They have lost a regular customer for just an extra 15mins they can give.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank ladyzahn
SmrtTrav, General Manager at Circle Inn - Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

I am sorry for your disappointment and this late response. I have addressed the issue with the Front Office Staff concerned a day after your check out. I understand that staff that are new should not be an excuse but we have learned our lesson from this one. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel. Everytime me and my family visits Bacolod City, this is the hotel we chose to stay in.

Pros:
They have a huge parking space for hotel guest.
We stayed in the Deluxe room. The room is big, modern and clean. The bed are big and very comfortable.
Free wifi in the room and around the hotel.
Staff are very friendly and efficient.
There is a 24hr convenience store outside of the hotel.

Cons:
No blowdryer in the room.
No complimentary bottled water for hotel guest.
The pool isn't so big and it is a bit deep for kids to swim. But still my kids enjoyed the pool and their koi pond inside the lobby.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank heiress29
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've stayed here on my three trips to Bacolod. I've enjoyed all three of my stays and would recommend Circle inn to my family and friends. I stayed in Deluxe rooms all three stays, twice on the 2nd floor and once on the first. For a foreign visitor the hotel is a very good value. For motel six price you get to stay at much nicer hotel. The Deluxe rooms are very nice, large bed with a good mattress. The food is not expensive and is decent. Maybe its just i'm a friendly guy but I was always greeted with a word and a smile by all of the staff. The front desk girls were very helpful on my second trip on getting my laptop to connect to the wifi. The door guards were always friendly and helpful with getting a taxi. One of the things I love about Bacolod is that Taxis are much cheaper than manila. For 70 pesos I could get almost anywhere in the city. Also in three separate trips, with over 100 taxi rides at least, only once had a taxi driver try to pull the forgot to turn on meter scam on me. The hotel has a breakfast buffet but if you are wanting a western breakfast just skip that and order off the menu. The pancakes are good and they will make your eggs anyway you want. The price for my breakfast, pancake or toast two eggs and a drink, was usually the same or less than the buffet so no problems with that. The one thing I wish they would add is some bacon to the menu. On the deluxe rooms, comfortable and spacious, nice chair not one of those plastic lawn chairs I've experienced in cheaper hotels. Very nice bathroom but be careful adjusting the water in the shower, very sensitive and a small turn of the knob will turn your shower super hot to super cold. Once you get the hang of it works fine.Decent towels as well, wish they would include a wash cloth but never gotten that anywhere in the PI. The fridge worked well in all three of the rooms i've been in. The little electric pot to make hot water in for coffee and tea works great and is super fast. The big circle windows for the rooms on the second floor are cool and unique. I'll try to update this with some pictures later this trip and any follow up for this trip as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple