“Accommodating”

Circle Inn - Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with friends, room was spacious.. front desk was accommodating..we waited an hour before we could check in, we were at the hotel around 1pm but the room wasn't available until 3pm(don't really know the reason) that ticked as off a bit but the staff offered a late check out the following day (usual check out is 12 noon, we could stay until 1pm). Over all a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charmaigne A

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Me and my boyfriend have been returning guests of this hotel since 2012. He is a foreigner and he would be in Bacolod atleast 3 times a year for a couple of days and we have always stayed in this hotel because of the location and convenience. And so far we have been satisfied with our stays. Not until our last stay a few days ago (Feb 8-13, 2014). His flight was still at 8:35PM, so I asked him if it's possible to ask the front desk for a late check out for free although we knew well that they have a charge for it and that maybe they can consider since we were regular customers. He then informed me that they have allowed us to stay until 5PM for free but beyond that they will charge for the whole day rate. Due to an urgent meeting, we have decided to check out at 2:15PM and just leave our luggage at their storage room. Upon paying the bill, we were surprised that they have charged us for the half day rate. We tried to inform them about what has been agreed by the AM front desk and my boyfriend. However, the AM front desk has already left. They tried to call her and she returned at the hotel. She said she informed him about the half day rate until 5PM. We thought that there must be a misunderstanding that's why we decided to pay the late check out fee and asked them if it's possible to keep the room until 5PM. They allowed us and we returned our lugagge inside the room and left for a meeting. Due to series of meetings, we arrived at the hotel at 4:58P.M. I know well that we can only keep the room until 5PM that's why I asked the front desk if it's possible to give us another 15minutes since my boyfriend wanted to take a shower since he will be travelling a long flight going back to his country. But the front desks informed us that it wasn't possible because the charging was automatic in their system. I asked them we only needed few minutes and if it's possible to talk to the manager for approval. But they told us that they didn't have a manager that time and the assistant of the manager was also on leave. I explained to them that we have already paid the half day rate, is it too much to ask for another 15 minutes for a regular customer who stayed for 5 nights just to take a quick shower? I even gave them other options, but unfortunately they didn't want to do anything for us. I felt so disappointed that time but my boyfriend did't want to argue anymore so we just took our luggage and checked out at 5:04PM. I asked the front desk if the other half day rate was automatically charged in their system because we were beyond 4 minutes. She said yes, but they can cancel it since it was only 4 mins. How come they can cancel the 4 mins but not the 15mins? It was so disappointing! They have lost a regular customer for just an extra 15mins they can give.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ladyzahn
SmrtTrav, General Manager at Circle Inn - Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

I am sorry for your disappointment and this late response. I have addressed the issue with the Front Office Staff concerned a day after your check out. I understand that staff that are new should not be an excuse but we have learned our lesson from this one. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel. Everytime me and my family visits Bacolod City, this is the hotel we chose to stay in.

Pros:
They have a huge parking space for hotel guest.
We stayed in the Deluxe room. The room is big, modern and clean. The bed are big and very comfortable.
Free wifi in the room and around the hotel.
Staff are very friendly and efficient.
There is a 24hr convenience store outside of the hotel.

Cons:
No blowdryer in the room.
No complimentary bottled water for hotel guest.
The pool isn't so big and it is a bit deep for kids to swim. But still my kids enjoyed the pool and their koi pond inside the lobby.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've stayed here on my three trips to Bacolod. I've enjoyed all three of my stays and would recommend Circle inn to my family and friends. I stayed in Deluxe rooms all three stays, twice on the 2nd floor and once on the first. For a foreign visitor the hotel is a very good value. For motel six price you get to stay at much nicer hotel. The Deluxe rooms are very nice, large bed with a good mattress. The food is not expensive and is decent. Maybe its just i'm a friendly guy but I was always greeted with a word and a smile by all of the staff. The front desk girls were very helpful on my second trip on getting my laptop to connect to the wifi. The door guards were always friendly and helpful with getting a taxi. One of the things I love about Bacolod is that Taxis are much cheaper than manila. For 70 pesos I could get almost anywhere in the city. Also in three separate trips, with over 100 taxi rides at least, only once had a taxi driver try to pull the forgot to turn on meter scam on me. The hotel has a breakfast buffet but if you are wanting a western breakfast just skip that and order off the menu. The pancakes are good and they will make your eggs anyway you want. The price for my breakfast, pancake or toast two eggs and a drink, was usually the same or less than the buffet so no problems with that. The one thing I wish they would add is some bacon to the menu. On the deluxe rooms, comfortable and spacious, nice chair not one of those plastic lawn chairs I've experienced in cheaper hotels. Very nice bathroom but be careful adjusting the water in the shower, very sensitive and a small turn of the knob will turn your shower super hot to super cold. Once you get the hang of it works fine.Decent towels as well, wish they would include a wash cloth but never gotten that anywhere in the PI. The fridge worked well in all three of the rooms i've been in. The little electric pot to make hot water in for coffee and tea works great and is super fast. The big circle windows for the rooms on the second floor are cool and unique. I'll try to update this with some pictures later this trip and any follow up for this trip as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EdwardPBaddict
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Mr.General Manager of Circle Inn had my posts removed claiming that i might be reviewing a restaurant instead of a hotel. The fact that i was giving feedback to the dismal service of your cafe which is part of your hotel. Breakfast opens at 620am so if you have an early appoinment you are screwed. Expect flies when you eat in tbe cafe. The rooms had cockroaches which is part of the experience of this hotel. The room smells weird when you first enter well i should have lowered my expectations. The guards should be reminded to open the door instead of just staring at you. Frontdesk needs to be retrained and maybe paid more so that they at least smile when they see you. Waiters especially "Bren" should be asked to repeat your order so that they dont leave you hanging. Mr.General Manager, having my post deleted does not make things better in your hotel. If you need to increase your prices to upgrade your staff, facilities, and services so let it be. You can keep on deleting my post but i have a lot of free time to post it back. Good luck in winning again that Trip advisor. Looking forward to your response.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Dafufu
SmrtTrav, General Manager at Circle Inn - Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

TripAdvisor is a great tool for people searching for background information about places they wish to visit. I understand that you were disappointed with our service and you feel that you needed a public outlet to rant rather than do an appropriate review. You must hate your job so much that you had to question the dedication of my staff by looking down at their pay. We at Circle Inn have been very fortunate to have staff that love their work and love serving others over and above their need for financial rewards. We value more our relationship and service to our guests. This probably contrasts to other industries that may pay well but don't provide the job satisfaction and good relationships that people need.

We respect everyone's experience but we also need to clarify context for the benefit of our other guests.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Me and my wife decided to book 4 rooms, which included by the way an executive suite starting on the 7th of january in preparation for our wedding, not to mention I recommended this same hotel to a couple of friends and relatives of ours on the same day since they too were our guests on our wedding, and it was a because of a series of unfortunate inconveniences that prevented me from giving this hotel a much higher rating. Upon checking in I noticed some awards and recognition on the front desk from both Agoda and Tripadvisor so I would assume tht this hotel would be giving me the best service possible, unfortunately, tht was not the case, I noticed tht during our entire stay, getting help from the staff was challenging, it would take an average wait of around 10-15 min before anyone would actually be able to help us, and I am not surprised cos I noticed tht alot of them served as either housekeeping or the waiters at the restaurant. Now for the rooms, the deluxe rooms tht we got had no problems whatsoever, but ironically it was our suite that gave us alot of problems, on the 1st night we had water heating problems, the wife informed tht it took them almost 2 hrs to finally get some hot water in because of all the numerous follow ups, and as how housekeeping described it, reseting of their heating system, next issue, ironically, my familys deluxe rooms had 3 wifi servers at their disposal, however for the executive suite, it couldnt get any signal, I had to literally go inside the bathroom to finally get 1-2 bars, which was both pathetic and funny, also I noticed that housekeeping seems to have a blackout period, couldnt get housekeeping to clean up after a certain time period, so we requested this one bellboy to assist with at least taking out some of the trash inside but I noticed tht he wasnt pleased with it, and his facial expression showed it in the most obvious way not to mention being in the travel industry for quite sometime, Ican pick it up easily, I can see him slump his shoulders, scratch the back of his head, and sigh out loud to name a few, which is a big no no, I didn't get his name but It began with an A, Ariel maybe but im not sure, anyway I ended up cleaning the room myself which included sweeping and wiping, and lastly before checking out I decided to put their staff to the test, I had a whole lot of huge baggages, and because they were quite heavy, I carried them out by twos only, so I think I made like 3 trips in total going up and down, and not one offered to assist me in any way, I was just being ignored, in our local dialect... "deadma" I am now hesitating to recommend this place to my other relatives from outside the province, who will b visiting since I fear they might just get the same subpar service, and since they are first time visitors, I definitely dont want to give them a bad first impression. The only good thing I could say was this is an inexpensive hotel, and rooms are spacious and comfortable, but thts it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Bossmonkee
SmrtTrav, General Manager at Circle Inn - Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing us to prepare for your wedding. Congratulations! I am sorry that we have disappointed you but will definitely mine your review for tidbits of action items to improve our service. I understand that preparing for a wedding is a tremendous challenge with all the people going in and out of your rooms and having them eat there as well and leaving a lot of trash. We normally advise guests in this case to let us know when it would be convenient to clean the rooms. However, in this case it was already after 10:00 pm when you and your guests got back to the hotel after the wedding and requested the clean up while at the same time understandably would wish a quick turn around so that you can rest privately. Unfortunately, the hotel only maintains a skeletal staff after 10:00pm and it is unfortunate that you had to refuse total clean up just so you can get rest privately as soon as possible.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed 10 days and so have a good idea of how the hotel runs. It's a modern, clean and attractive medium-sized hotel. Like many provincial hotels of this size, it doesn't have 'duty managers' - a concept of hotel management that is fundamental in developed countries. In many ways, the staff run the day-to-day business very well (and they are extremely pleasant and friendly). But the management - or, more accurately, the non-management - of the pool is a TOTAL DISASTER. The pool is completely surrounded by rooms that are only 4 or 5 feet from the water. In theory the pool is supposed to be used from 9am to 9pm. In practice screaming children and their stupid parents use the pool at all times of the day and night. We stayed our first 2 nights in the Zen room on the executive wing and couldn't get to sleep on our first night due to the screaming children and were woken by screaming (not just swimming) children at 6.30am. The next evening we asked the staff to get the kids and their parents (who presumably can't read) out of the pool at 9.30pm and they did. After 2 nights we changed to an exec suite which was not next to the pool, thank God. As we came and went over the next 8 days we regularly saw kids in the pool after 9pm and my guess is they were also in the pool from 6.30am as well - but we were away from the disaster zone by that time. If it were not for this issue, we'd give the hotel an excellent rating. The breakfast is typically Filipino (which looks very unappealing to a westerner and wasn't highly rated by my Filipina fiancee) but at least they have an omelette station and will make hot tea on request! I was surprised how little effort was made to cater for non-Filipino tastes, as we saw many foreigners in the hotel. I wish the owners would understand the attraction of breakfast cereals with milk for non-Asians - so easy to do for us non-rice-eating-at-breakfast westerners!

Room Tip: AVOID THE POOLSIDE ROOMS - unless you're an illiterate parent who lets your kids run wild all da...