“Simple and Clean Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
Manila, Philippines
“Simple and Clean Hotel”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed in Avenue Suites for a weekend in November 2013. We stayed in their Deluxe Superior room which could accommodate up to 4 persons. Room was spacious and clean, and beds and pillows were comfortable. There was a small window but no view. It came with free buffet breakfast. Very basic buffet breakfast was served at the rooftop restaurant which had outdoor and indoor seating. Nice place to have a beer and wind down. The top floor also had a spa which was very good and affordable. Our friends stayed in the Standard Room which was quite small (good for 2--no window), but the rate was very reasonable. Good location, located along Lacson Street close to the city center.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with windows. The Standard and Budget Rooms are a bit claustrophobic.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BlueBrrr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed January 26, 2014

service is above average...bellboy offered to carry our luggage (for free).

was given welcome drink..

sound proofing of rooms, not soo good...(or maybe it's just that my rooms facing the main road.

bar at the penthouse is good..

breakfast? acceptable.

Room Tip: request for a room not facing the road, it could be terrible for you to get sleep. make sure to g...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Philippines
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here for a business trip last weekend. The room was very clean, and I didn't feel the need to wear my flip flops in the bathroom. They also provided an open closet, a safe, plus a few drawers where you could store your things.

The beds were comfortable enough. We also requested for an extra bed, but the mattress they provided wasn't that thick, and you could feel the metal frame on your back while lying down.

I also had second thoughts about using their towels because they weren't as white as I had hoped. Kinda disappointing for a new hotel.

Furthermore, it seemed that there wasn't enough power or voltage coming out of their outlets because my Samsung phone wasn't fully charged overnight (from 30% to 90% in 6 hours).

Lastly, I wish they had used warm instead of cool fluorescent lights in the rooms to make them more inviting.

Their staff was very attentive and pleasant. Less than a minute after calling for an extra bed/hair dryer, one of them already came knocking on our door carrying the items that we requested.

For buffet breakfast, they served steamed white rice, scrambled eggs, toast with your choice of jam or butter, sausages, breaded fish fillet, watery brewed coffee with milk and sugar, and dry sliced papayas.

Additionally, Calea (where you'll find the best cakes in Bacolod) is just a short walk away. So are a couple of convenience stores and some well-known restaurants.

Overall, our stay was average. It was my second time to go to Bacolod; I had a better experience with another hotel in the vicinity.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank lyssp
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I booked a matrimonial room for an overnight stay in early January. We got to the hotel at around lunch time and they said it was too early, so my fiance and I decided to have lunch out and came back at 130pm. They still said the room wasnt ready and that we had to wait til 2pm. We waited in their little lobby sitting on the floor since there wasnt enough couches. None of the staff members asked if we were comfortable sitting on the floor. That's not normal for hotel staff.

Believe it or not,at exactly 2pm, we got called because our room was ready! And I sarcastically asked, "you mean you just finished cleaning our room at exactly 2pm? Wow! Good timing!" Obviously, these receptionists do not know how to make business. You do these little extra things for your guests and they will remember that and eventually come back!

Anyway, we got in our room and wow after so many hours of preparing our room, the TV did not work!! Some maintenance people kept coming in and out trying to fix the tv and eventually replaced the whole tv. Not convenient for your guests!!!

Breakfast! Ugh dis-gus-ting! They had riceand probably 3 other things that did not even taste nice! I could cook better than that! They looked like 5-minute meals! Waiters need to learn how to smile!

This stay was actually our second stay. The first one was ok-ish, but breakfast then was still crap! Their restaurant is like a little hole in the whole hotel! It was that small even hobbits could not move!

Overall, this is a new hotel. It's a shame that it looks like it's gonna go down the drain because of the lack of staff competency and quality. They should not forget that their advantage to big hotels like LFisher and the like, is that their hotel is new, thus it seems cleaner and fresher to guests. Old 5star hotels were probably at their peak 30 years ago, but because of old agem no one wants to stay in a 30 year old room that hasnt been maintained well. In my experience, hotels that used to be popular, now have stinky carpetd. Guests nowadays do not care about the hotel name. Cleanliness, staff competency (smile!!) and location are the 3 key qualities of a good hotel. They have the location, Avenue Suites is losing the first two.

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Em C

Travelers are raving about these Bacolod hotels

Angeles City, Philippines
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I recently stayed there over Christmas , and I must say I was taken aback at how clean my room was. for the money this is one of the best places I have stayed. The staff was very pleasant and helpful ....I really could not have wanted for anything.

Room Tip: try to get a room a little farther from the Lift
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Avenue suites has a potential for tourist and business goers.
Rates are not cheap but if service is maintaines there reasonable.
Rooms poor maintenance NO cold water just hot water who the hell would like to take a HOT shower. No plumber or plumbing service as requested.
Curtains fell down when we moved them
Chairs cant balance and the freaking room is dark. 2 small light bulbs only. Sockets dont work only 1 working socket for the room. Fix it and we will comeback.
Oh the aircon is cold really comfortable 5 star for the airconditioning.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gerard H
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I cannot say anything positive with this hotel! Rooms are dark, hallways are warm with no aircon, elevators close automatically after one person gets in causing the next person to be squeezed in between when entering, front office staff are incompetent! They do not know the meaning of customer service! They have a promo of less 30% if you use your bdo credit card but for some twisted reason they refuse to give you the discount! And when i asked for the number of their manager, they will not give it to me! This is the worst hotel ever!

• Stayed December 2013