“CHEAP but If you have spare cash,go somewhere else”
Review of Check Inn

Check Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bacolod
Check Inn
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
manila philippines
“CHEAP but If you have spare cash,go somewhere else”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There are so many accommodations in Bacolod City.But during Masskara Festival,finding one could prove to be a big challenge.So if you are planning to fly to the City of Smiles during Masskara,I would suggest you book ahead.I made up my mind two months before the Oct.20 finale but rooms were already full.I called many hotels but to no avail.Good thing two bloggers contacted me and offered that I could stay in their room at CHECK INN.

We stayed in a Business de Luxe Room. Quite spacious for an accommodation with two single beds for only 950 pesos.Extra person is only 100pesos.You pay extra though if you request for additional beddings.So what we did was to join the two single beds together.The three of us were able to fit.As a matter of fact,another friend joined us during the 2nd night.

I have a few complaints though.The towels are old and smelly.At some point,It even felt like using a rag.Damn,I should make it a habit to bring my own towel.Next time.And the pillows are smelly too.Well,you get used to it.And I did.There's hot shower but water pressure is too weak I suggest you shower early if you want a thorough clean.And we were joking about the hallways,one of my roommates remarked that it feels like being in a public hospital, the only thing missing is a nurse going around with her push cart.haha

Other than that,the location is perfect for Masskara as it is situated a few blocks from the Old City Hall and the street in front of the Old City Hall is the same avenue where the Masskara Street Dance Competition passes.A little warning though,the area is an old district so it feels like being in Quiapo or Recto in Manila.It could really get dirty and smelly during the festival.

CHEAP but If you have spare cash,go somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pusangkalye

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We got Deluxe Room and upon entering and seeing the room quality all I thought to myself was to opt for another hotel. Though my friends are just after for a nice place to sleep we decided to stay for the rest of the nights. Service was good enough, the person I am dealing with in the making the reservation was helpful and replying to my email queries, and upon arrival and finishing with the front desk the room attendant got our bags and accompany us to our room. The room they offered to has no window. Parts of the room and has cracks on the wall and bed linens are dirty whites. Bathroom was awful, a lot of grime and stain on the tiles, cobwebs was also present, trash bins has cigarette marks.
It’s really a not good bathroom; my bathroom at home though old is far cleaner. Having said that location was the great, near to SM, Manokan Country, San Sebastian Cathedral etc., and if you might change your mind there is also hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Opt for rooms on the right side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank YOURBLUEKNIGHT

Travelers are raving about these Bacolod hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 17, 2012

got a business matrimonial & a deluxe matrimonial room but both rooms had the quality of a standard (or even less) room. rooms were dirty, we have to request for a cleaning service. bathrooms are slimy & moldy, etc.,just a bad experience! my advise...find another hotel to stay in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ella2012
Manila
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Spent one night in Bacolod City. Travelled by fast craft from Iloilo. Haven't been here for a long time so I wanted to visit and have a food trip :) on my own. I told myself don't be picky with the hotel because I just needed a bed to sleep in for a night and the taxi took me this place because it's centrally located.
Positives - charming receptionists. The twin bed room is a good size. It's just P850
Negatives - there were huge flies in the room. Wifi barely works. I was glad they have rooms on the 2nd floor that has a small window because the other rooms on the 3rd floor at this price has no window at all. Stuffy and smelly (it's old). And, and, oh never mind.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank foot_adventurer
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Very old hotel as my great-grandmother. Old furniture, hard mattress ,towels are grey and lacerated but new TV plasma. Air con is noisy as a chopper. The floor in a shower is not cleared of old age but new curtain in a shower. The ceiling in the room was with leaks. Very convenient location, close to Central Market, SM Bacolod, public park, pier with ferries to another islands and public transport. The room was cleaned every day.
I stayed for 5 nights in business matrimonial room. Room overlooks the rooftop garden. Very helpful and attentive staff. I was there during the earthquake, the building of the hotel was shaking slightly but nothing is collapsed to my surprise and happiness.

Room Tip: From business deluxe to suite rooms. They overlook the rooftop garden.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Trahtur
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We chose the hotel because of great reviews in our guidebook and because it boasted free wi-fi which we needed to plan important stages of our trip. We arrived and were a bit shocked at the price (double what the book said) and when we expressed surprise, the receptionist instantly became moody and sullen. Weighing up the option of forking out for another cab, finding our second choice full, we decided to bite the bullet and cough up - after all we were getting a great room with our desired wi-fi and additionally, cable TV (an almost non-existent treat for us) and hot water....weren't we?
Before we could blink, a porter had loaded our rucksacks onto his trolley and took us to the wrong floor but we felt obliged to tip him. When we found our room, quite frankly, it stank - literally! The smell was like blue cheese and it was everywhere, in the bathroom, on the linen and especially the towels. The bathroom had not been cleaned in between uses of the room either. But we're used to things like this so we didn't say anything, even though we should have done considering the price (we are budget travellers). Then the wi-fi didn't work and neither did the telly...and when we had eventually had enough and complained we were told it would be fixed in half an hour - funnily enough it wasn't.
We said we would not be paying full price as we hadn't had use of the full facilities. Again, treated very rudely by sneering receptionist...who told us we could deal with her manager in the morning.
The rest of the staff - security, canteen, porter were all really nice though!!

Room Tip: See it and smell it first!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liza W
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 16, 2012

For the centre of Bacolod and easy access to SM mall and the ferry terminal, this place can't be beaten Rates are lower and the room is perfectly comfortable. The garden is a lovely place to relax in and the staff are friendly. I have stayed here 3 times and never had a problem to make a complaint about. It's fine and good value for money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple