MO2 Westown Hotel-Mandalagan
Business Inn(Bacolod)
$20
O Hotel(Bacolod)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsa great stayspacious roomwalking distancehot and cold showermo2fridgerobinsonseniorsshuttlefi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I love almost everything in this hotel except Customer Service. CS sucks BIG TIME. I'm a traveller as part of my job and most hotels give something extra for regular guest but this one ZERO...NADAH...You are treated like you are just among their walk-in guests.

So disappointed..after staying here in and out almost every week for the past month they will give you NOTHING.No discounts, No room upgrade, No Breakfast, NOTHING.

THIS HOTEL IS NOT SUITABLE FOR REGULARS ONLY WALK-IN.

P.S. Additional note..staff becomes more RUDE if you push them for a better treatment for regular guests.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank sniper1978
Reviewed January 27, 2014

From afar, it may look intimidating and expensive but it was not. It had a big lobby with big comfortable seats with free wifi, too. It had a wide staircase to the second floor which I loved--old wood flooring. The front desk attendant was accommodating and efficient in checking me in, the promo rate was a plus, too.

The room was a big surprise because it was as luxurious as the new large luxurious hotels in Cebu City--very spacious, comfy beds, clean sheets, with beautiful comfy chairs for sitting. The bathroom was as big & luxurious as the room.

It was quiet almost all the time that I even overslept thinking it was still early morning when it was already near noon time.

But as one reviewer said, the water in the toilet bowl looked dirty (it must have been due to the old plumbing) and the water pressure for the shower was just inadeqaute.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Rianne R
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Outstanding value and amenities. However the laziest staff i have encountered anywhere in the world. the desk don't know or care what's happening in the hotel so they give incorrect information. the bar is totally run to entertain the staff that work there they don't encourage business the coffee lounge staff don't clean up and don't want to serve you if you stay longer than 15 minutes. No personnel value their job despite the local poverty The owner must be losing a lot of money yet people like me booked out early due to the lack of management and rude attitude of the staff 80% of the time they are on their cell phone AVOID THIS ONE

Room Tip: Anywhere else try sugarland Hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank henry a
girlnextdoor21, General Manager at MO2 Westown Hotel-Mandalagan, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

We are so sorry for the unpleasant experiences you had on our very accommodating and service friendly hotel. With your feedback we will be able to improve our customer service to our guest. In addition to our always ready to lend a hand staffs who sometimes missed and overlook their job. We have already implemented some duly actions and bring back to them the proper obligations of an efficient guest relation personnel. Lastly, I understand that guest should always be treated with discretionary effort and outstanding service. With your feedback it will always remind us that we should repeatedly do our very best to be of service to our guest. Hope we can serve you again.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The staff members were very polite. A bellhop accompanied me to my room without me requesting for it. It was Sunday so I would assume it was the reason why there was not a lot of activity in the hotel. Even with a club right beside, there was no one in the hotel at night except the staff and me. More quiet time for me so I have no complaint about that.

The room was nice and mostly clean. One thing I really did not like was the dirty water in the toilet bowl. I thought it was just something that was left dirty by housekeeping (more gross!) but then when I tried to flush it, it was actually the water.

The mini bar was very much complete and not that pricey. I would have wanted complimentary bottled water and coffee though. Although I did not eat or ordered room service, I checked their menu and it was pretty affordable.

When it comes to hotels in Bacolod, the towels are never new (I've checked in major hotels in Bacolod). They're always old, graying and thin. To criticize one hotel because of that is unfair but I really hope someone would think to provide their hotels with new towels perhaps every month?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ferdinand L
Reviewed May 9, 2013

good value for the price. Large room with a fridge. The aircon worked well and was more than large enough for the room. The check in and check out was handled professionally and very quick. I found the service to be excellent. It is just a couple of blocks away from a large mall as well. Staying on the 2nd floor the water pressure in the shower was not the best but more than adequate. This would be the only thing I could criticize in this hotel. Overall a very pleasant stay with really good value. I will look forward to staying in this hotel again on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple