“Good hotel and good location”

MO2 Westown Hotel-Mandalagan
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Spacious bed room and bath room and location is accessible. Sleep quality is good. CRT TV with good cable channels. Hotel staff are nice and helpful.

There are establishments within the hotel compound which include their MO2 and a karaoke bars. It has wide parking space. Has free internet access in the rooms with LAN cable.

Rates are reasonable but with NO free breakfast.

Room Tip: This hotel is a 2 storey building. 2nd floor has no access to elevator. So if you're traveling...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tomcat2512

Reviewed March 21, 2012

After my negative experience in the Palmas del Mar where I packed up and left early, we checked into the MO2 Westown Hotel with little expectations to be honest. Upon arrival I must admit that I was even less hopeful when they told me the price - 1,400 Pesos (£20.50) a night. This was a tenner each and I didn't expect much for this. Oh how I was mistaken.

Now Bacolod, for anyone considering going, doesn't have a lot going for it. In fact, unless you have a reason to visit, don't. Hope my fiance doesn't read this as this is where she calls home ................ well, actually in the mountains a couple of hours away, but this is where she spends most of her time and where her friends are. So I had reason to be here................

The location of the hotel is about as good as it gets in Bacolod - 50m from SM Mall

The hotel itself is bright and spacious with a resonable cafe/restaurant and a decent bar that opens next door in the evenings with live music while we were there.

The staff were very helpful and attentive. The food which we had sent to our room a couple of nights was good. And the room - it was spacious, clean and well-presented. It had a double and a single bed so could be even better value, if that is possible, if you had a family or were traveling in a group of 3.

This is not luxury living, but I'd say easily the equivalent of a 3 star hotel back in Ireland / UK.

I suppose the best measure of a hotel is whether you would go back - we would certainly go back here if we were needing a room in Bacolod.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Arthur G
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The hotel is actually quite good and the staff very helpful, but we visited it for the Dinagyang festival which is a time of a geat deal of music and dancing, and enjoying a few beers. Unfortunately we didn't realise the hotel was in the middle of the area that caters for very loud music and all night dancing for all the young singles and couples. Sorry to be an old Fart but at 72 I do need a few hours sleep at night. Apart from this we had a wonderful time watching all the colourful dancers in their fantastic costumes, and will happily go back again next year, but to a quieter hotel.

Room Tip: Under normal circumstances there are no noise problems at this hotel, so I think most rooms are okay...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StockportNomad
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The hotel staff were very accommodating. The location was accessible to public transportation, walking distance to a popular mall, Central Public Market, a number of other hotels, bars and convenience stores. My husband and I loved the white linens and spacious room considering the low rates. The only disapointment was the unimppressive receiving area. When we first arrived at the hotel lobby, the floor was kind of dusty and the sofa covers were old and looked torn and shabby. Otherwise, it was a good value for the money we paid.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank socmendoza16
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Good location. It's close to bars and big shopping center. One minute walk to public transportation.

The staff was really accommodating though I requested for a lot of things and changed my mind a couple of times, they didn't seem to mind and still served us with a smile.

The room was not bad either. It was spacious with a comfortable bed. The bathroom is also big. I stayed a few months ago and going back there next week on my Philippine vacation. :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JenGP
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Very accessible to the shopping mall, not to mention resto-bars are all over the place! we had blast in the pool, staffs are very courteous. Considering water supply in Iloilo is not so great... this hotel is awesome even got real hot water shower unlike some other place. For sure we will stay again... next time we'll be in town. We are very satisfied customers.

Room Tip: choose rooms away from the bar if you want to have great night's rest. Pick the top floors if po...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple