“One of Bacolod's better hotels”
Review of O Hotel

O Hotel
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was our first visit to this hotel after previously staying a another establishment that was fine a few years ago, but then year by year started to go downhill. So, we booked for 4 nights and found the room to be of a good standard and at a reasonable price. Location is central with an easy walk to Gaisano and walkable or a short trike to SM. Good location for taxis and also jeepnies to Handumanan. The bed was clean and comfortable and the wifi worked fine. We ate breakfast in the hotel, which was simple but fine and we found the reception staff to be friendly and competent. We also had dinner there an 3 occasions and the food is great. Very nice Halo Halo there too. I would have given 5 stars were it not for a few cockroaches in the room and bathroom. No big deal though.
We will certainly stay here again on our next visit to Bacolod.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wanderingoff
There are newer reviews for O Hotel

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Duration of Stay: 2D/1N
Room: 314

Pros:

- Quiet neighborhood
- Quick response on several issues outlined in the "Cons" section
- Some staff are well-mannered, and helpful, including the security guard.
- Free/Complimentary Breakfast

Cons:

- When I said "some staff" (see Pros), this is because some of the people at the reception area are quite rude. After a seven-hour road trip, I was exhausted, and asked to check in early, only to be told by this male receptionist to "go sit and wait by the couch" while he attends to another guest. So whatever happened to "May I" or "Please"? The security guard was far better mannered than that guy, actually;
- Also, when I asked to bring my bag that male receptionist insisted to let the bellhop bring it for me. I said fine as I was exhausted from the long drive only to find the bellhop was 20 minutes late;
- Passing off the little annoyance, after the room was ready, I was greeted by an electronic card that didn't work. After a few minutes of trying to get it work, I had to ask the maintenance guy cleaning from the next wing to open the door for me. I was advised, however, to ask the reception area to "update" my card, but if you're planning to stay here, always ask if the electronic card are always "up-to-date" or you'd be greeted with "locked" room;
- While entering the room, the facilities were old. You get an old CRT TV, and air condition unit with no remote control. You have to manually adjust the dial to get the right temperature. Also, the hot and cold shower had no temperature gauge, and hot water takes time to come out while preparing for a shower.
- What really annoyed me with this hotel was that the toilet was stuck after using, and the exhaust fan wasn't working very well so the smell of your you-know-what became significant that I had to leave the room, and asked for maintenance to fix the plumbing before I get back.
- The WiFi was rather dodgy. I guess this hotel needs an extender to boost the signal.

Room Tip: Check the toilet, and make sure it flushes.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank acousticshock
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had an overnight stay in this hotel. As expected had awesome stay. Homey place indeed. Great choice of food at buffet breakfast. If one wants an extra pillow, they won't hesitate to give you one or two. Strong wifi connection in the room and anywhere in the hotel premises. What more can I ask for. And that's what keeps me coming back to this hotel. Two thums up for the smiling staff at the front desk. Kudos O Hotel. See u soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank JOVITO T
Reviewed November 30, 2013

stayed there for 2 nights and all I can say is it's the one of the BEST hotel I've been to
good location
very clean
good value for money
extremely friendly and hospitable staff ( every one of them )
good food
they clean your room everyday
over all we had a very nice holiday, hoping to be back and i will definitely reccommend it to my clients:-)
t

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank kgrace0517
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was in Bacolod City for the first time for a sensitive matter. The staff made my stay truly comfortable. Within the city of smiles lays a hotel of smiles and the o hotel is it. Location, food, service, this hotel has it all.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank frankfranl
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was in Bocolod City for the first time with my 11 year old daughter. We are from Sydney Australia. I found the location excellent, goof friendly Security Staff both inside and outside the Hotel. The Staff were great from the restaurant, reception, room services and the ladies and gentlem who made up and cleaned the room on time. The Wifi was a bonus. its a great place to stay for young and old. I highly recommend this Hotel. I loved it so much thet we are back to spend Christmas at the O Hotel. Thanks to the Management and Staff for your pleasing hospitality.

Room Tip: I was not aware if there was a Swimming pool or Children activities.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Don D
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The location is good, its accessible to local transport. The hotel is nice and clean, staff are friendly and corteous. I really love the food, wanting me to come back for more. Excellent stay at this hotel, will definitely refer this to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013