“Very good value”
Review of O Hotel

O Hotel
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I came to Bacolod to see the old houses/ museums in Silay, the mountain scenery in Patag National Park and the Hawaiian Phillipine Sugar Company area. i booked a superior room on- line from Australia for P1600, and was offered a hotel car pick- up for P 500. when I told he hotel of my travel plans in the area, they offered a car and driver for 10 hours (their minimum period for out of town travel) plus the cost of fuel. i accepted this offer, and was driven around by Ricardo in a Toyota diesel. the mountain scenery was very nice, But the road became very rough and the last few kilometers were impassible. I enjoyed our roadside stop for a coffee and grilled chicken, and saw a lot of sugar cane operations, including cutting by hand and buffalo-powered transport of the cane.
The hotel is clean and very good value, with a good choice of breakfast dishes, including omelettes made to order. My room ( number 412) had an old TV with a good choice of channels ( including BBC, CNN, Australian Network and HBO), a bar fridge, very effective (but noisy) air conditioning, good hot water service and a view of the car park.
Unlike some other reviewers, I found it very quiet at night, and at 7 am there was still not much traffic or noise outside.
Unfortunately the superior room I booked was not available for some vague reason, so there was no coffee or tea making, and I didn't know this although the hotel emailed me several times to confirm my booking in the few days before I arrived.
The free wifi worked fairly well in my room, and was much better in the lobby and restaurant. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is very good value for its cleanliness and quiet, good choice of TV channels, bar fridge, help with transport, and tasty breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Stickman1

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Recently retired we travel alot now. Being from the U.S.A. we expect a certain level of quality and service. I am happy to report that this was not only achieved but surpassed by the warm and friendly staff at the "O" hotel. When traveling abroad in a foriegn country safety is a concern. The security guard outside would summon our cab and record the name and plate number of the vehicle. He would ensure the driver knew where to take us. The in room safe was great for locking up our valuables while we were out. Its central location is perfect. Don't believe the one or two negitive reviews you see. For seniors or other americans this is a great hotel. Good food, very clean, moderate price, friendly staff.

Room Tip: executive suite was great value and good size.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cali-John-92113
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Not satisfied with the staff the don't give senior discount even the vat was not deducted to our payment in the hotel. Would not recommend this hotel. The local government should look into it. Senior citizens Re exempted from vat including restaurant hotel accommodations and medicines.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Doovey910
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Value for your money. Plus the food is good and very affordable. Staff are very courteous and friendly; very willing to attend to your needs. Overall a great stay. Would love to come back and stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank cessong
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I booked the O hotel based on Trip advisor reviews. This is a budget hotel. stayed in the executive suite. Very disappointed with the room.The room and Bathroom are small for an Executive suite. Shower had mould growing around the edges of the shower tray, and the shower curtain smelled really bad.
the free wi fi has poor signal strength when inside the room . I would have to go to the room door or out into the hall way to get full signal strength which was really annoying.
I had a room to the back of the hotel, and every night without fail from about 12.30 am to 10 am there was a rooster Cock-A-Doodle-Doo all night!!!!!

Now the positive: Restaurant is large and spacious and the staff are very friendly and helpful. the hotel provided parking for guests and has good security.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Rosebery31
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our decision to try O Hotel was unplanned. I called reception while we're on our way to the hotel, and the very friendly Mares at the front desk answered all my questions. When we arrived 15 minutes later, our room was READY. The check-in process was fast, and the housekeepping personnel was prompt in giving items we requested.

As for the room, it was clean. Although I'm not really fond of the towels and the bathroom in general (it's not dirty, but I won't sing praises either).

But for the price we paid, this hotel is indeed value-packed. :)

Will be back if I get the chance to visit Bacolod again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank callmejames007
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The staff at O hotel are very helpful and accommodating. Rates are surprisingly affordable for a hotel with nice amenities except for the television in which the signal isn't too good. O hotel is a place worth going back to when visiting Bacolod city again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo