The Sugarland Hotel
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed for 4 days and it was really very comfy and convenient. It has everything that I want in a average hotel. 1. Wifi (inside the room) 2. Free Breakfast 3. Swimming pool (not so big though) 4. good location and 5. very good service. Price is also reasonable 1,600.00 corporate rate.

So, overall I was really satisfied. =)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our choice of hotel during our 11th wedding anniversary proved to be the best! Its has a homey feel but still undeniably first class. The food served were also deliciously homemade taste.

All of the employees were so friendly and accommodating. They were so helpful and understanding that they allowed us to extend our stay in our room until the afternoon in order to wait for our flight schedule without any additional fee.

How's that for a world class service!

Kudos to you! We enjoyed staying in Sugarland and we hope to be back!
I've already been telling my family and friends to stay in your hotel whenever they're in Bacolod.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Firstly the hotel is located a good 10min drive outside the city, which we didn't realize when booking. I think the location information on their website is totally misleading about that.
It wasn't such an issue though.

The pool area is really nice. The hotel is quite clean, although one of our rooms had to be changeds cause of a terrible humidity/damp/mold odor...

The service is alright, considering Filipino standards in the province. The food is terrible, don't spend p250 for the brakfast unless you really enjoy scrambled eggs that have been sitting for hours, bad orange juice, horrible coffee... I'd suggest to go into town where you'll find some decent local coffee shops...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Service ok. Check in quite fast. Receptionists should be advised to be more friendly and smile often. Room structure is very very poor as it emits the sound coming from the pool area which they often use for function. You cannot enjoy a dip when you want since area is utilized for gatherings. Definitely not recommending for anyone who wants to after a days work/activity. Not going back here as well.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank duhhduhh
Reviewed August 9, 2012

had a very good stay as part of a convention delagation.homey feeling.our room had a terrace overlooking the pool downstairs,where i can keep an eye on the child i'm with,while he's swimming.breakfast is very good,you need to ride a taxi or a jeep to go to the market,malls,church .there are nearby bars and casinos for the ones looking for some nightlife.courteous staff,always smiling and very candid when some favors are requested.their in house restaurant serves good delicious foods that are unbeleivably low priced for a hotel.a must try-- the red grape smoothie! over all it's a very good stay,much better than an over priced 5 star hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aimee p
Reviewed July 26, 2012

To start with I booked my wedding function via online, and I was glad in less than 24hours I received a reply (not many hotels in this city do so). Joy, the event/ sales of this hotel was so helpful and very patient to my needs. I arrived in the city only a week before my wedding and visited their office and everybody was so friendly. I had rooms booked for my guest and there were many changes despite that, the front desk staff were still very helpful and accommodating to my needs. On my wedding day, the waiters were also so kind to assist our needs (especially the head waiter). My wedding was of course fantastic and everybody had a good time because of the people behind it all. I met Pinky, the Director of Sales and Mktg who was also very friendly to me and my family. All in all, they have good staff that is why I feel like it was my second home. Apart from that, the food was superb! No other hotel in the city can have the best taste they have! Although the rooms were a bit small but it felt like I paid for my own room! Upon entering the lobby area of the hotel, you won't feel like your in another world, the decors were to my taste and the pool area was a place we would always hang around because it was so relaxing. We felt like we own it!!! It was a second home indeed. Prices were reasonable as well!

Room Tip: they have newly renovated rooms!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Bacolod is a very progressive city.I enjoy my one day stay there. Bacolod has lots of small hotels, therefore I did not expect so much considering the price I paid. Front desk staff did not know their rates. I had to show them. The superior room was averaged, although newly renovated with lcd tv. bathroom was small, and the heater was faulty, I took caol shower. Sleeping was horrible due to the noise on the ground floor where there was a party. The restaurant had nice food menu, although the free breakfast was very ordinary. All in all my Bacolod trip was very enjoyable less the hotel that I would not go back to.

Room Tip: Get room at the back as it is far from the noise of the party room downstair. It is only three story...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends