“I had high expectations” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Planta Centro Bacolod Hotel & Residences

Planta Centro Bacolod Hotel & Residences
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
Muntinlupa, Philippines
“I had high expectations”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I checked into a corner suite and was impressed. The living room had a lounge, a dining table, and a small kitchen/bar counter . The bedroom had a four poster bed.

Beautiful appointments. Until I went into the bathroom for a shower, and there were no towels, except for the foot rug. Called housekeeping and after a rather long wait, called the front desk to remind. Then a girl came with one towel saying "Sir, here is your extra towel". Heavens ! I did ask for the customary 2 bath towels and the face and hand towels that were never there, not one "extra towel". And this was a beautiful suite?

Then I ordered dinuguan with puto and halo halo. The room service waiter came with just the halo halo, and my dinuguan and puto was to follow. Who would have a cold, sugary dessert before the meal? I started to complain, and the Hotel Manager was apologetic. I then also called Room Service who now gave me the option to change the puto into some bread. Why didn't they tell me as I ordered? Or if discovered lately, why did I have to call to find out? I changed my order instead, and had a noodle dish. Time to have the halohalo which the room service waiter kept in my fridge. Surprise ! It didn't come with a spoon nor teaspoon. Like I have to use my hands? I washed the spoon I used fro my noodles. Then I found out I couldn't crush it because there was no milk. I called Room Service again, who AGAIN apologized that they forgot to have the milk served with my halo halo.They seem to forget everything! Talk about customer service.

Exasperated, I did not touch the halo halo. I couldn't eat it. Even if they belatedly send the milk, my appetite for it was completely gone. It stayed at the sink until I checked out. Fully paid, but unconsumed.

I will never stay in this hotel again. What use is a beautiful room if service was non-existent?

Room Tip: My suite was nice. I did not see other rooms. Mine was at the far end of the 2nd floor corridor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Angelito P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I regularly travel around the Philippines for business purposes. This particular trip, I was assigned in bacolod and was booked in Planta Hotel for a week, which covers the Masskara Festival weekend. Just a few things I noticed:

- The hotel room A.C. Units were inconsistent. I had a co-worker who occupied a different room and their room was simply HOT. Lucky for me, mine was working fine. They reported it to the reception, but nothing was done. For the whole week they had to bear with the temperature.
- The lamp shade (desktop light) in my room was also busted, I reported it and I got the same result. Anyway there were other lights in the room, so I did not bother.
- They had a pool, a gym (which I never found), smoking rooms without ash tray etc...
- Free wi-fi service which was only accessible in the lobby.
- Free breakfast which was simply cheap. They would have bread, eggs, rice, 2 viands (which would normally be canned tuna, corned beef, cheap sardines, dried fish, pork jerky, hotdogs, cheesedogs. They also had pancakes, coffee, 2 types of cereal, 2 types of juice and 2 types of rice cake.
One particular experience is during the Masskara weekend, I went to have breakfast and no one assisted me to find me a table. 2 other guests came after me and the crew cleaned up a table for them. I found an empty table so I occupied it, another couple came in and one of the crew had the guts to ask me to eat at the smoking area outside (they knew I was a smoker). Nevertheless, you know what I'm trying to say. I calmly put my earphones on and carried on with my business.
- The front desk was nice, which for me was still below industry standards. BTW I travel because of my customer service related job :).
- The hot shower was very predictable, if you want a warm shower, they would exceed your expectation so prepare to be scalded. Good luck in trying to set the right temperature!
- Price - this is one of the expensive hotels in bacolod (check wiki) - totally not worth it. I just moved to O hotel and man... It feels a whole lot better!

Will be making a review for O hotel after my stay there

Room Tip: Don't go here unless you have no other options for a hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank FoodThrip

Travelers are raving about these Bacolod hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Me and my office mates opted only for a standard room so I got my expectations lowered. However, I was surprised when my room turned out to be a good one - two beds (good for 4) with comforters, spacious drawer and a safe inside, big comfort room, and wireless internet access. The room is bigger too compared to other hotels. Plus, if you like buffet breakfast, you will enjoy it much here. For just P1,650, you can really have your money's worth with their services and amenities.

N.B. they also have pools and function rooms

Room Tip: choose the rooms facing the pool
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rafa_roddick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have stayed in more than a few hotels in bacolod and i can say that this one is now my favorite. It is really cheap and you get more than what you pay for. This hotel tries to have the look and feel of a five star hotel and in certain areas it actually succeeds. This hotel is newly renovated so it doesn't feel old and worn down like most hotels in bacolod. The staff and service is commendable for being flexible to my needs and they're really nice and warm. In fact, they were the ones I most liked about this place. The food is average, the room is average. For the price I paid, I didn't expect much. But I can definitely say my stay had a few pleasant surprises and exceeded my expectations a little. I think I'll stay here again the next time in bacolod.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

If you're looking for a quiet place for meetings or accommodation, this is the hotel for you.

They have chic rooms, a cute swimming pool and good food. Their free wifi in the rooms is also quite fast. You can also hold your events or conventions in their function rooms. Just inform the account executive what your food preferences are and their chef (the son of the owner) will come up with the right food combination for your event.

The only disadvantage of this hotel, although it's quite minor, is its location. It's quite distant from the main road where the good restaurants and the way to the airport are (Lacson St.).

Room Tip: Their ala carte menu is often better than their breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank purplefrance
Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed here last November of 2011 and while I have been to many hotels in Bacolod, I find Planta Hotel one of the better places to go to. The good things about this hotel is the large clean rooms, big lobby-reception area and the coffee, real coffee. They have free wifi and the connection is great. The food, buffet breakfast is just right, but their choices is good if you order.The not so good, well the pool does not look inviting, its small and looks more for deco than a functional one. The rooms would sometime have mosquitos flying. All in all I think its worth the money i paid for.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank woodstuck
Dumaguete City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

We went to Bacolod to get our passports done and we stayed here overnight. We love the place! They have a nice lobby, a small pool, and nice rooms. We stayed in a room for four, with two twin beds, and a small balcony at the third floor. Although 2 twin beds are barely enough for the four of us to sleep in, we opted not to get an extra mattress. The room was spacious, clean, and the hot water is working! YAY! It wasn't a "run down" room, like one of the reviewers here wrote. The staff were courteous, greets you a good morning and all. The room only has one free buffet breakfast, so we had to pay for 3 additional persons. It costs around 250-280pesos. The food was good. They had the usual bread and jam, rice and viands, customized egg or omelet, pancakes, fruits, and cereals and milk. We also tried their pool. It was small though. Overall, we had a nice stay here. We will definitely come back to this hotel if we plan to stay in Bacolod again.

Room Tip: If you want to use the pool, try a little bit earlier like 6 or 7 in the morning so there will be on...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family