Review Highlights
Wonderful sight

This is one of the Spot of AirAsia hehe, i recommend to go there in Summer and starting from... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Joel A
Philippines
Hidden Gems of philippines

Must go place .. The thing I like most about Sambawan is simplicity they maintain on island , it... read more

Reviewed May 3, 2018
TinyNakshaT
via mobile

All reviews stay overnight boat ride bring your own picturesque view per night day trip tap water no electricity fish boats port huts diving tourists almeria gigantes bungalow
Reviewed October 14, 2015

This island is so untouched! the view is stunning and the beach is crystal clear.
If you want to stay in this Island they have cozy cottages and you can setup you own tent too.
This is one of my favorite Island in the Philippines.
If you really love beach then you must go to this island.

1  Thank Jakerald S
Reviewed October 12, 2015

I saw a picture taken there last year. I got so curious but I didn't have much info on how to get there. Neither do I know the name of the island.
Finally, last week, I've decided to visit the place and did some research.
I arrived in Ormoc from Cebu then took a van to Naval (stayed there overnight since I arrived late night already). The next morning, I went to Naval market to buy food and drinks since the island does not sell any food except candies, cup noodles, canned goods and crackers. I went to Naval port after and took a boat going to Maripipi.
the boat leaves around 10:30am-11:00am. So be sure not to miss it.
After roughly 2 hours, I arrived at Maripipi port and took a motorbike to the boat's drop off point. And from there I took another boat (a smaller one) to get to Sambawan island. Be sure to waterproof everything especially your gadgets 'cause the waves could be pretty rough. Of course you don't want your babies wet.

The island was stunning! There were some bungalows you can stay for a night for around 2 thousand pesos (good for more than 5 people) or if you have your tent with you, you can always go camping for only 100 pesos per night. Which I did.
The sand was not fine but I like it that way. I set up my camping tent and went trekking.
The view from above was indeed exhilarating! The sunrise the next morning was also amazing!
The staff there were so kind as well as Martin, the Scottish dive master.
It's always good to go there in weekdays to avoid the crowd (I was the only guest that time).
I fell in love with the place. I'd definitely comeback!
P.S Scuba diving is also a must try! Who wouldn't want to swim with the black tip reef sharks!

3  Thank Gina A
Reviewed October 7, 2015

Amazing view and crystal clear water. Good for camping to watch the sunset and sunrise on top of the island.

Reviewed August 27, 2015 via mobile

We were told we'd pay 3000 for a private boat to the island then 3500 since the waves were pretty strong. We managed to haggle to 3200 with the boat operator. He really didnt sound confident with what he was saying. My friend thought he was lying about the rates. This is more of a reflection of the local boatmen, i know, but its a good fyi just the same.

There is a cheaper way to get here via Maripipi but you'll be confined to a certain schedule since the boats to and from the town don't operate the whole day. You can just google that info.

There's nothing much to say about the island except that it's so commercialized, you'll be charged for every move you make. Entrance fee, mooring fee, cottage, hot water, cups, cooking, etc. they have clean restrooms but no water for taking a shower. The water comes straight from the beach so it's salt water.

The shore is clean, the water is clear, the view is okay. There are too many rocks in the water to swim comfortably so bring aqua shoes.

There are stairs that lead you to higher ground so you can enjoy a better view of the island. See pictures.

1  Thank Abbey C
Reviewed August 19, 2015 via mobile

Great place for sunrise, sunset and scuba diving. With outstanding stewards to help you with your visit.

Try scuba diving or snorkeling and look out for baby sharks, rays, crazy night creatures and lovely nudibranchs etc.

1  Thank Rakorzky