“Thanksgiving Dinner in Mactan”

Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Seabrook, Texas, United States
“Thanksgiving Dinner in Mactan”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Hotel is very convenient to Airport in Cebu. Walk across from the terminal. Staff is very friendly. Accomodations are very clean, and hotel is quiet. Room faced away from the runway, looking toward the city. Entire 5th floor non smoking. Good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you have an early flight then this should be your hotel otherwise you can go somewhere else. The room is small. Very clean and comfortable beddings. During check-out, it was ridiculous how I have to wait for them to check if I have any other bill to pay (i.e. snacks, water). I almost missed my flight! It was my first time experiencing having to wait upon check-out. She didn't even tell me the reason I had to wait. I just overheard her saying to check my room. I didn't understand at first. Had she told me that they had to check, I would have left her my credit card to bill me, although, I would dispute it because i didn't touch any of those. (I booked online so they didn't ask for my credit card) I could have told them I didn't drink nor eat their overpriced snacks! They won't believe their guests? What happened to honour system? If guests can afford a $130/night, do you think they can't afford or they would lie about $3 snacks? Why not ask for the credit card upon check-in for incidentals. Moral of the story, give your self extra 15 minutes for the so-called "room check" which made me uncomfortable and stressed about missing my flight. Or, the hotel staff must communicate it clearly. One more thing, can the front desk girl smile?!? For heaven sakes, that's the most important part of her job - smile when guests arrive!!! Go somewhere else, lots of better service hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Liza C
quezon city
Reviewed October 9, 2013

i love this hotel, its just 5 minutes walk from the airport, nice comfortable rooms with all the modern amenities and the food is just great! i love the buffet breakfast and dinner, the staff are friendly and very helpful. for someone on a quick business trip to Cebu, this is the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank brotherlouie
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Arriving late or leaving early, this hotel is ideal. Located a few minutes walk from the airport, you can be checked in (or out) without the need for more travel, taxis, or the added hassles when tired or having to be up extra early.
However, that said, the hotel is showing its age, and does need some urgent makeover. The place is clean, the rooms likewise, and offer the required ammenities. The staff are helpful, friendly and attentive.
The breakfast offering is sufficient for most people I would think, its not the best I have had, but its also far from being the worst.
There is a pool for those wanting to cool off, or wash off the travel feeling, and also a gym. The hotel has a casino attached.
Located on Mactan, the hotel is some way from any of the sites of Cebu, or the shopping malls, so I personally wouldnt use it for a long term stay.
Not the best hotel in Cebu/Mactan, but I think serves a useful place for the late or early traveller.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place is right opposite to Cebu international airport and is walking distance from airport. You dont need a taxi to get to the hotel. The hotel rooms are clean and well equipped with all modern amenities. The food is overall good and the buffet breakfast is a complete delight with loads of options to chose from. The staff is pretty supportive however slow in service after 11pm. overall good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Aman2405
Philippines
Reviewed September 14, 2013

As much as I love the Waterfront in Lahug. This hotel is just OLD. My aunt who is allergic to dust mites, kept on having allergic reactions. We had to cover the rattan bed and tables in the entire room. I'd like to clarify that our room was clean upon checking in but because of old building, my aunt kept having allergic attacks. We tried staying at the lobby, but still she kept on whizzing. My comforter also had a small tear. Our television, although working the channels keep fizzing out. I think its their cable operator. The only saving grace of this hotel were 2 things. 1. The service 2. Location. We were having an early flight thus we stayed here. But given the chance, I don't think we'll ever come back until they renovate the place. The price we payed was not worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

If I stay in Cebu for buisnees or i have a late flight out i like to stay here. The front desk pepole are very helpful a frendly a nice large clean pool open from 6 am til 9 pm.. A silent room with view on the runway room 614 a very good food a roomservice good Wifi.. Nice bathroom a hot shouer very good aircondition a Tv Stations a newschanels..i will be back there..

• Stayed August 2013
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#9 of 42 in Mactan Island
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Been to Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!