“Fine for an 8 hour stopover between flights; avoid otherwise” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino

Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Various, UK, Aus, NZ, HK
“Fine for an 8 hour stopover between flights; avoid otherwise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you have a short overnight between flights (say, 8 hours) and you wish to make the most of every minute to get some sleep - choose this hotel. Otherwise, take a little of your precious time and go somewhere nicer. I had 16 hours between my flights - I wish I'd gone elsewhere!
If you are going to Cebu on holiday, PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE. There are so many much nicer places in Cebu! You will get quite the wrong impression of the place in this hotel :(
The rooms are old with tatty carpet and chips in the bath. The wifi is sporadic and only connects in some areas of the room. The bed was comfortable enough although pillows were like rocks. View is of the airport terminal. The breakfast buffet had about 20% of what you would expect for each type of cuisine - ie eggs and bacon but no sausage or tomato or hash browns; cereals consisted of two types of sugary confection; one choice of bread; waffles were precooked (not well) and left to go cold.
The fitness centre is dire - not a single piece of cardio equipment - the rest is weights machines all stuffed together in a tiny room with ill-functioning aircon and set up for male weights only - I'm fit female but I had to use the lightest weights because of the stiffness and setup. The pool is 3 ft deep in all places, otherwise pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gladewater, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I just want to tell you that my experience here was great. The hotel might need a little work but the staff more than makes up for this. I have never been to philippines and I was a bit nervous. The staff from the hotel clerks to the bellhop were great. I felt so comfortable when I arrived. Even the security guy was friendly. I felt so good here. The breakfast buffet was excellent. The chefs were professional and provided the best customer service I ever received. I would recommend this to anyone...Yes the hotel needs renovations but with the staff it more than makes up for these shortcomings.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the room with hdtv or you will get the old style tvs that tend to be very blur...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Beirut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have had the worst experience ever in a hotel on my whole life. Rooms were not ready while we requested them before to be early ready and we paid an extra of 1000 php for that. However no rooms were ready. Airport shuttle never showed up and I Had to call the hotel 3 times to assure me that shuttle and we ended up taking a cab. However shuttle was requested prior as well.

You need to order the thing 5 times to get it. They have no steak knife, no fresh pepper grinder, no Tabasco, and very old place not as you see on the website and their casino is full of video machines. Nothing real.

The only good thing is the location near to the airport and as well away from the city corruption.

• Stayed September 2012
Sheffield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel with my daughter on our way to back to UK via Hongkong. Our room was very disppointing carpet stained, bed sheets stained, bath & hand towel stained, dirty bathroom toothpaste all over door handle. I didn't ask for another room because I didn't want to make a fuss. And I regret going down for evening buffet which give me a stomach bug later that night. I wouldn't recommend this hotel even though it just opposite the Cebu International Airport. We wish we had stayed at Goldberry Suites & Hotel where we had stayed the week before on our inward journey; the staff were friendlier, room was cleaner and more modern and it was half the price of Waterfront for the night.This hotel is over rated, the rooms are out dated not worth the price .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JohnLynBl
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stood here with my family and we were happy and satisfied. Excellent breakfast buffet. Very clean and comfortable rooms, good service and just a few steps to the airport. Will definitely stay here again when I go back to Phil...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank wer m
manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We spend 2 nights in waterfront hotel. The rooms are nice and first class. The hotel is good but not the best there is. Food was very good and well prepared. location of the hotel is nice and the service good also.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Gosford, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

My stay at the Waterfront Hotel was nice. The service was excellent the room was very spacious with seperate lounge, bath, and bedrooms. It is old style but effective, in fact i had one of my best night sleeps in years. The downfall for this Hotel is the breakfast. It promises much but is sadly lacking. Hot food is amost cold with little choice and the pastry section is lifeless. The chef should visit the Dusit Thani in Manila and take notes.

• Stayed July 2012
Goldberry Suites & Hotel
Goldberry Suites & Hotel
#10 of 30 in Lapu Lapu
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort

Been to Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!