2,900 results
All reviews ibiza beach club movenpick hotel sails restaurant churrasco the executive lounge bedroom suite mactan island private beach ocean view breakfast buffet nice beach a bit pricey upon check island hopping lobby chopard jerry
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So modern and clean. We got a seaview room and so therapeutic. Sea breeze good. The pool view at night is beautiful and inviting. I would love to bring my kids here. Foods are great tasting too. Nice location

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edryl T
Mr_MaxHuber, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Edryl T.,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel.

I'm glad to know that you were 100% satisfied with your stay, and that you particularly loved the resort's ambiance, cleanliness, and food quality.

I look forward to welcome you back to the resort.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed in a few five star hotels and this hotel definitely does not qualify for the fifth star. The food is average, as is the entertainment. The beach is small, one feels trapped and dying to get out! I can hear the elevator going up and down in my bedroom, as well as the neighbours going to the toilet, and my room smells of cigarette even though it is non-smoking. I have stayed in better 3-stars. Thankfully the friendly staff make up for it.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear CatwomanParis,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel.

It’s sad to hear that you were not entirely happy with you stay, and that the food and entertainment in the hotel wasn’t exactly appealing to your taste. We understand that each and everyone has their own expectations when it comes to various travel and lifestyle experiences. Likewise, it is unfortunate you found the beach below your expectations, even with photo references and information posted online.

Regarding your concern about the noise coming from a property next door, as this is a private establishment neither owned nor managed by the hotel, rest assured that we will escalate these concerns to the local government office in charge of peace and order in the area.

On another note, I’m pleased to hear that you are happy with friendly services extended by my very reliable team.

I wish you wonderful days ahead.

Reviewed May 10, 2019

I got a little bit spoiled from Movenpick Boracay and that's why I kind of expected more from Movenpick Cebu. It was also a nice hotel because they have sumptuous meals to offer although I noticed that all of its restaurants share the same menu so I really don't get the point of having three different restaurants. The beach was nice and the pool is heated, so that is a plus for them. The spa is also nice. I like it in there although it was very expensive.

Room tip: +01 to +03 rooms have the best views of the beach
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Mr_MaxHuber, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear katvillar,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel.

It's good to know that you were generally satisfied with your stay experience, and that you particularly loved our food quality, as well as the spa, swimming and beach.

On another note, I also wish to share that our rates are maintained within the same range as with other international chain hotels in the area.

Thank you, once again, for taking time to post a review.
I wish you a wonderful and restful weekend.

Reviewed May 7, 2019

I absolutely loved this hotel! The accommodations were great, the staff was super - we couldn't ask for anything more!! We can't say enough about this place, and if/when we come back to Cebu, we will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Mr_MaxHuber, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear kayesj23,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel.

I'm delighted to know that you had a wonderful time in our hotel, and that you were particularly impressed with my team and their friendly and reliable service.

I look forward to see you on your next visit!

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Commendable staff. What makes this hotel 5 star is the great service from Janley!! He made our stay here so pleasant and easy that this place just feels like home. Ambience is also really good with a pristine beach and awesome interiors. Will definitely be back!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Mr_MaxHuber, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Dear Kristine T,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel.

I'm overwhelmed with delight upon reading your generous review, highlighting exceptional service by team and how much you enjoyed your stay. I'm so happy to know that you found everything at par with 5-star standards.

I hope you'll visit us again next time you're in Cebu.