2,777 results
All reviews ibiza beach club movenpick hotel sails restaurant churrasco the executive lounge mactan island bedroom suite private beach ocean view breakfast buffet nice beach a bit pricey upon check island hopping other resorts chopard lobby
Reviewed August 19, 2018

the place is very nice, however the drinks and food at the bar is a bit pricey, area and the room is somewhat small, but the view is very scenic , but we will definitely go back the kids enjoy the sand and the sea and the chocolate hour !

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018

The hotel is fairly small but 'do-able' for the island. The staff is very friendly, always smiling, helpful and respectable. The standard suite was way too small so had to upgrade. Lots of traffic so move early if you're going on tours. The food was good and the view also.

I was fascinated by the 'Jeep-nee' mode of transport. Had no idea the Phillipines consisted of 7101 islands.

The hotel is not a luxury hotel but it has all the basic amenities.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
HRainfroy, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Dear Nadeira K,

Thank you for choosing our hotel.

We're glad to know that you were satisfied with your overall stay experience. We are glad that our team was able to make you feel welcome and home, and that they were able to assist you with all your needs.

We also wish to share that hotel photos and information are posted on our web page and other online booking channels, which provide a general overview of the hotel's facilities, design, services, size, accommodation packages and categories, adventure packages and distance from notable tourist sites and commercial areas. All these are posted for every guest's reference upon booking a stay with us.

Thank you, once again, for taking time to post a review. We wish you wonderful days ahead.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2018

I had a trouble booking directly on their website and even emailed them for assistance. However, their helplines did not answer in 2 days and i saw in a booking site that the room rates are getting higher so i just booked with booking.com . Afterwards, i availed their shuttle service from airport to the hotel. Upon arrival last July 28, their staff at MActan airport greeted us and ushered us to the shuttle.

Our check in was fair. We reached the hotel by 1000 in the morning. The front desk staff offered us an upgrade to an ocean view suite for an additional 2,000php inclusive of breakfast. Our luggage was brought in few minutes after we settled in our room. The room is fantastic. They even gave my husband 3 cupcakes with a Happy birthday greetings. Our veranda will literally take your breath away. Its a place where you can sit still and just by mere looking at the sea, it will make you feel revived. We asked the housekeeping to join the twin beds and asked for a crib since we have a 7 month old baby with us. The staff was fast and were there in 15-20 minutes to sort our bed.

We had a problem fixing our Tv. There’s no channel.

In the afternoon, we enjoyed the private white sand beach and pool area. Our baby love it too! The pool is big enough and safe for everyone. Movenpick have different inflatables free of use for all.

We called the helpdesk to fix our TV. The assistance went to our room and tried his best for 1 hour or so. But he couldnt fix the channels.

The next day, the manager knocked on our door bringing a complimentary fruit & dessert platter to apologize for the inconvenience of our television. They offered a change in room once there is an available. To make it short, from room 1002 - oceanview suite, they transfered us to 603, a private suite! The room is overly perfect for our planned staycation. We didnt schedule any trips but just to stay and enjoy Movenpick. We thought having No television would be fine so we can just enjoy ourselves, but the management really exceeded their service for giving us complimentary upgrade for not fixing the TV on our previous room. The new Room they gave us has a separate bedroom with a king size bed and a private veranda, a spacious living room with a TV with another veranda, and a huge toilet, bath & shower with whirlpool jacuzzi ❤️.

The next morning, they gave us another fruit platter & a box of sweets.

Cebu is one of the tourist destination not only for locals but it is famous among foreigners. I feel privileged to have stayed in one of their chains and i must say, they went beyond my expectations. Making them spoil their Filipino people makes me proud that they shower hospitality to each and every hotel guests equally. In line with this, i wont hesitate to recommend your hotel to my friends. It is not cheap, but the experience is totally priceless.

Room Tip: go for the high floors, perfect view
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
HRainfroy, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear hanniepex,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel.

We are overwhelmed with delight upon reading your long and comprehensive review, which details everything you found commendable in our hotel. Most important of all, we appreciate that you've taken the time to commend our team members who assisted you with your concerns and delivered top-notch service. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's so heartwarming to hear that we even exceeded your expectations. Such fantastic news to share with everyone!

Thank you, once again, and we look forward to welcome you back to the resort.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2018

We are very impressed by your staffs' services rendered to us over the 4 days. Most of them could remember us and greed us whenever we roamed. They are patient and warm. So much better than my own country.

One very important thing: I like to special thanks to the Chef from Ibiza Bar Mr. Archie. He is such an honest and kind person. This heartfelt incident happened on the first day we arrived (25/07/2018). After checking in, we strolled around and decided to take few photo along the pathway which leading to Ibiza bar. I placed my watch (which cost $12k USD) on top of a lamp as to rest my mobile phone timer for wefie pictures. I was totally forgotten for hours & not even notice. We went up to shower and ready for dinner when I came to realise my wrist was light. Cold chilling up my spine and my hands were covering my mouth speechless before my family & friend realised something wrong with me. We dashed over to the pathway but already to no avail. My mind thought it must be 100% gone case and would never retrieve. My friend ran over to Ibiza Bar and asked the sweet lady who standing at the front counter. I think her name is Miss Alva. She went in to the kitchen and came back with good news. Overly shock & almost cried. I was then lead to the hotel front desk to retrieve.

The next day we went Ibiza Bar for dinner, there was a waiter gave us a very good impression. He is Rommei. I think our country really leak of such personality who works with enthusiasm. He never showed lethargic or slow. He was fast and observance. Confidence is found.

On my last day (28/07/2018), Mr. Erwin the life-guard and his team recovered my snorkel tube without me requested. He saw I was searching for something. He approached me to check what happened and I didn't notice they were trying to help. I told them my tube had lost and should be hopeless. He asked my room number and said they would inform me if recovered. I didn't put in heart. After an hour, they really called me to collect. I was very very happy, not only because I recovered my snorkel tube, but also I had the opportunity to meet so many good people.

Miss Neisa was our Butler or service rep. We like to thank her for the great help during a great miscommunication on our excursion with the level 1 excursion counter just beside the lifts. She was also attentive to our needs with her professional practice. Amazing beautiful lady!

Mr. Michel was the young man who remember us and greed us everywhere. He knew where we came from and also knew which day we got to depart. He worked with pride and shined others.

I felt so grateful to meet so many wonderful and kind hearted people in "Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu". I had never experienced so much warmness in other countries and/or resorts, or even in my own country. Everyone seemed so sweet and kind in "Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu". In general, I have learnt that Philippines is a great country, with very nice people all around. In addition, "Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu" has recruited the best staffs who provide great service ever. This trip really made my jaw drop!

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank lin7577
HRainfroy, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Dear lin7577,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel.

We are overwhelmed with delight upon reading your long and comprehensive review, which details everything you found commendable in our hotel. Most important of all, we appreciate that you've taken the time to commend our team members who assisted you with your concerns, made you feel welcome and at home, and displayed high level of integrity and honesty by helping recover your valuables. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's so heartwarming to hear such great feedback from our guests.Such fantastic news to share with everyone!

Thank you, once again, and we look forward to welcome you back to the resort.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Love the comfort of the soft pillows and cotton bedsheets. We requested extra pillows prior, granted. We have the amazing ocean views- wow! Good timing we also have witnessed a wedding at that time and followed with blast fireworks- another WOW! From the airport Shuttle greetings of warm welcome to the hotel, well organized. Gerry at concierge upgraded our 6 family members to Suite room so we can be adjacent in same level floor 16th. Staff are great. Love the veggie salad fruits especially the Mediterranean, so many delicious entree. We watch shows at Ibeza Club, listen to beautiful music overlooking the ocean (at ocean)- feels like you are on a sailing yacht.We just have fun. What else can I say- c'mon down will definitely back again!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Virg008
HRainfroy, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear Virg008,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel.

It is wonderful to know that you had a great stay with us. Likewise, it is heartwarming to see that you've detailed out what you loved most in our hotel. Such wonderful news to share with the entire team!

Thank you, once again, for taking time to share feedback. We look forward to see you again.

Kind regards,