“the room and the bedswere so small” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu

Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
“the room and the bedswere so small”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

the beach was definitely very nice. they kept the beach very clean. but the rooms were very small and the beds were small as well. when they say a twin size its really a twin size. the breakfast was a mediocre. for the price it was too expensive for the breakfast buffet. although the staff were very accomodating.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank gemika79
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your review based on your recent stay. I was surprised to read that you found our breakfast buffet mediocre as we generally get very good comments on our breakfast. I invite you to contact me via email to provide me with additional feedback on this so we can possibly improve further. You can reach me at: knuth.kiefer@moevenpick.com

Knuth Kiefer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed two nights in deluxe suite room with my husband. Originally we booked deluxe oceanfront room and got free upgraded thanks to my hubby's birthday, however, I would stay in deluxe ocean view nexttime. Suite room was bigger than standard room, but located in lower floor, no view, little light in livingroom(hardly can see). Moevenpick icecream is way too expensive, and breakfast needs improvement. Brazilian grill is recommendable.

Room Tip: upper floor is better
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jeeinjang
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.
It is unfortunate that you were not happy with some aspects of your stay. I understand that our premium ice cream is a bit more expensive than in other countries as we need to import this item and therefore the cost increases, I do believe though that the quality of our ice cream does justify the higher price point.
In regards to your comment on the breakfast, I was surprised to read about this as we generally get very good comments about our breakfast buffet. I would appreciate if you could possible contact me directly at me email (Knuth.kiefer@moevenpick.com) to give me further details on your recommendations in this regard.

Santillana del Mar, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Admittedly I found this place rather by accident than by choice as they had a good deal online so I booked myself in for two nights. I expected much less than what I got. I am not referring to the rooms as those are fairly average. The place has very friendly staff and visibly management, which is rare.
The place wasn't busy so the staff took maybe even better care of the guests than they might do during peak seasons but I was quite impressed.
Food is a bit expensive but the quality was fine. Stayed here first week of March and regretted not to stay another night or two. They also provide good internet and free shuttle to the city.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Guido t
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
I would like to thank you for writing about your experience in our hotel and for selecting us for your recent stay here in Cebu.
We are very happy that you had such a positive experience based on your comments.
We do hope that we can welcome you back again soon

Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Service was very good. Staff were attentive. We were allowed early check in at 9AM and a late check out at 2:30PM. Very child friendly place. Pool was fantastic, the chairs at pool and garden area get lighted at night and they're really pretty. Shore was small but it's ok. The imported fine sand and clear water made up for it. The place is very picturesque.

Side note- I just couldn't help but compare that when we had to have dinner at Abaca, the rate for the 2-3 min drive was Php250 (so we took the cab for php43) whilst going back, when I had our server at Abaca restaurant get us a cab, they offered for their resort van to take us back instead. That was definitely a plus for Abaca's service :)

Sails and Forum: For breakfast buffet of php1200, I felt it wasn't worth it. (We only had to pay on the 3rd day as we had 2 days free that came with our room rate) not enough choices and main courses were the same for the 3 days we were there.Ala carte is also expensive. Php850++ for the Filipino breakfast. We had some burgers and fries that we didn't enjoy very much. The beef salpicao and crispy pata were very good though. Big servings. My toddler who is the pickiest eater ate so much of both and even had rice! I can't remember the last time my daughter ate rice. That's 5 stars for the crispy pata and beef salpicao. For the rest, we found them expensive for the quality. Fruits shakes were 300++ glass was small, we've had better ones at other beach resorts that didn't cost Php300++. Mojito was 420++
but I loved it.

The Ibiza beach club bar had great selections of tapas and drinks too. I had their chocolatini and Ibiza sour, mojito, and a shot of tequila and even with our 3 year old daughter running around the club- we enjoyed it because there was an outdoor jacuzzi where she played while we had our drinks during happy hour and when we had dinner at 9PM, we just went to the indoor dining area to avoid the loud noise happening outside.

Room

Modern. Turquoise and white theme. Made room seemed bigger than actually is. Sheets I didn't like very much. Maybe they could improve on the thread count. Balcony was a let down too. They should have renovated it as well.

Bathroom

Shower was ok, bathtub new but the dark blue tiles? Didn't match the turquoise and white theme of the room. It's dark, grout unsightly and lavatory didn't have enough space for toiletries. Bathrobe and towels were thin & didn't feel luxurious. Toiletries were Chopard so that's a plus.

Wifi
Free anywhere. Not high speed but it was decent and it's free

Is it worth the trip? Yes. Even with the things I didn’t like, I still loved our stay. It’s kid friendly, perfect for us three. Will I go back? Yes, definitely.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the rooms with the pool/ocean view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate your detailed review of our hotel and I am glad that you had overall a positive experience with us and plan to return. It is always the best indicator for us when guests are planning to come back. However, having said this, there are a few points you highlighted which I will definitely look into and see how we can further improve on those. I very much appreciate that you have pointed those out as this is the best way for us to further improve our services and facilities.
If I can be of any future assistance, please feel free to contact me at my email at any time.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Great staff, greats service and great place.. Went there with my family and the resort has activities for all ages. I love Ibiza too! Highly recommended! I can't wait to go back. We stayed at a two bedroom suite and the view was heaven. I love this place. :)

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Joanne Grace R
Thank you for the high rating and the positive review. I am glad you and your family had such a great time during your recent stay.
We do hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a friend and was absolutely amazed by the level of service and warmth from all the employees. We booked the package on expedia and had the ocean view suite which had an amazing view and very comfortable room to stay in. The food was great in all the restaurants (esp the breakfast buffet at Sails). The staff and food at the Ibiza Club club was excellent all three nights that we went and really enjoyed the ambience of the place. A lot of variety in food and all very tasty. The service which impressed my friend and I most was when I asked if they served Lechon which is a traditional Cebuan dish. They did not serve it any of the restaurants so Joel who seemed to be in charge at one of the restaurants called Sails, insisted on buying it from outside and having it delivered to our room. I have never experienced this sort of service at the hotel like this and was absolutely impressed with this level of service. The Lechon was delivered as he said and we enjoyed tasting the dish.
The pool and private beach was perfect for the kind of vacation we wanted to enjoy. Really really had a great experience here and would highly recommend it to anyone going to Cebu:)

Room Tip: The ocean view suite was amazing with a beautiful view! Has a bedroom and living room with tv's...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sumita D
Not only am I glad that you had a great stay and positive experience, I am very happy that you pointed out Joel as one of our employees who has gone beyond his regular duties to provide you with this Cebuano specialty. Rest assured that we will give Joel the recognition he deserves as those are the kind of employees and service minded initiatives we greatly value.

Thanks again and we hope to see you back again in the near future

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is one place that deserves a "5" rating in my opinion.
It was a pleasure from arrival to departure and my girlfriends and I had such a blast!
The design is modern and chic and the staff very friendly and professional.
We arrived early in the morning and without even asking for it they offered us an early check-in as the room was ready. Few hotels do that, which I always find strange.
The breakfast was of good overall quality. Internet was free and quite reliable and the weather was great. Ok, that last point may not be in the hand of the hotl, but it certainly helped to make our visit a great experience.
We would love to come back if our schedules permit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on this website. I appreciate the high marks you have given us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please contact us ones you wish to return so we can assist in handling your booking.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,974 reviews

Been to Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!