Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Mactan Golden Motel(Cebu Island)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
2,663 results
All reviewsibiza beach clubmovenpick hotelsails restaurantchurrascothe executive loungemactan islandbedroom suiteprivate beachocean viewbreakfast buffetnice beachupon checkchopardjerryforumtoiletriesphilippines
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great ambiance. Bright, airy lobby. Luxurious pool. Nice exclusive beach. Great party atmosphere at Ibiza club! Loved it! Location was perfect for those who want to stay somewhere exclusive enough to escape the city buzz but close enough to be conveniently accessible to the airport.

Loved the cool, Ibiza lounge feel - by the pool, by the beach, and at the Ibiza club.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JPSFManila
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the loungy, modern ambience we aim to create for our guests. Our Ibiza Beach Club aims to provide world class entertainment and a unique ambience for people to enjoy a great time.
I do hope we have an opportunity to seeing you back here again soon.

Thanks again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night last December. It was an overall lovely experience.

PROS
- Chic interiors (common areas and rooms)
- Free chocolate every 3PM
- Designer hotel amenities - Chopard
- Breakfast buffet selection is just right. I loved the free healthy vegetable/ fruit shot they give out.
- We tried the churasco in the evening and the food was excellent
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Lots of space for sunbathing (both in the beach, garden and pool)
- We arrived very early from a 6am flight and the hotel was nice enough to let us check in early.

CONS
- Small beach
- The sunbathing area in Ibiza needs to be fixed. Some of the woven parts at the edge of Ibiza were loose and didn't feel secure anymore.
- I wanted to buy sunblock from the stores but most of the lotions were expired already.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments on this website. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay with us.
I am happy that we have overall succeeded in providing you with an enjoyable stay.
Thank you for pointing out to me the expired sun lotion sold in the shop. While the shop is not operated by the hotel, we will certainly bring this to the attention of the operator.

Thanks again

Reviewed March 1, 2014

My daughter, son-in-law, wife and I decided to book a trip to this area on short notice as we neared the end of our Philippine vacation. We found a good air and accommodation package from Manila online and booked about a week prior to our stay during the first week in February, 2014. What a great decision! The service was wonderful! From the moment we checked in Aizel made it her mission to see that we had a great stay, many times seeking us out around the resort to make sure everything was to our liking. We opted for the Executive Lounge package, which turned out to be a good decision with the afternoon tea, Happy Hour, breakfasts, a sunset cruise and many other perks. During the time spent there Nico Jhie and Candace kept us entertained and attended to our every need. I have travelled many places around the world and I found the food here to be first rate. My compliments to the Chef! Some parts of the Hotel were a little tired but I liked the renovations which incorporate the clean contemporary styling and I am sure it will eventually be completed throughout the rest of the facility.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan M

It is a great pleasure reading your review about our hotel based on your recent stay.
I am happy that you have opted for our Executive Lounge package which provides excellent value to our guests and as you have highlighted in your write-up, the positive service attitude of our team adds to this further.
I am glad you had such a positive experience and I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

With Arabic Husband travelling to Cebu has a lot of expectations, airport pick up was arrange from the hotel which is convenient for us, Driver is very kind & attentive to guest, check in is a little bit cold but very good, at first rooms are not sea view as requested then they moved us to higher & other side to get better view & Yeey,, everything just perfect.. breakfast, the view, the service, the tours can even be arrange at the hotel, The Spa is a must to try, the Ibiza Club is amazing, the lobby itself is really a grand, i can say that when your inside the resort you are already in total different place,,a moment you enter the vicinity of the resort, all i can is that our short vacation is perfect,, i suggest to you try the Mango Salad with Shrimps, the Organic Chicken Adobo they are the amazing,,(Restaurant Staff are very helpful, i mean all of them) love to the place..

Room Tip: Deluxe room Sea view with balcony is amazing for a couple
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

I am happy that you and your husband had a pleasant anniversary celebration at our hotel.
I appreciate your positive comments and we are glad that we were able to meet your expectations and provide you with a memorable visit.

It is always nice to get feedback from guests from various parts of the world as our aim is to provide each and every guest with a great stay.

Thanks again

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

To sum up first:

✅ nice ambiance
✅ good food
✅ excellent service
✅ with game room/spa/steamroom
✅ an hour from mactan int'l airport
✅ free ice cream ❤️
✅ value for money

Daytour package: P2,000/person inclusive of semi-buffet lunch plus free use of game room/pool/beach. (9-6pm)

We visited a week ago and I would say that we enjoyed our stay at the resort. We we're a bit giddy already on our way there. And it took us about an hour or maybe less if you'll be coming from the airport. We love the ambiance which is hip and relaxing at the same time. We were entertained well by the receptionist in-charged even though we only availed of their day tour package. We were served with a mango juice while waiting. Then we were directed to the locker room where we kept our things. We love the ambiance and it definitely is picture-worthy! The semi-buffet food is delicious also. There weren't too many food to choose from however, we still enjoyed the food that was served. They even have employees who are multi-lingual who assists those guests who cannot speak in English. They also provide you towels to dry you up after swimming. They also offer other water activities such as banana boat and the like. The shoreline wasn't that long than we expected but it didn't matter much since we were having a good time anyway. They also have a gaming room for kiddos and those kiddos at heart. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and We recommend it to those who just want to relax or to those who want to deviate themselves from the busy life in Manila. Kuddos to everyone who never removed their smiles while serving their guests.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your day trip to our resort. thank you for sharing your experience here on tripadviser and for giving us such a high rating. I do hope you will visit us again in the very near future