“...great sunset cruise experience!!!!”

Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Germany
“...great sunset cruise experience!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a fantastic 5 days stay and a great sunset cruise experience...If you book the hotel get with breakfast inclusive or You have to pay 1k and its eat all you can buffet of a wide variety of foods and fruits, breads everything! coming back soon..first to Moven Sentosa next month!!! More Power guys <3

Room Tip: seaview rooms overlooking the pool and The Ibiza
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 314Haha
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
It is a pleasure to read that you had a positive experience in our hotel and that you enjoyed the sunset cruise. I am equally thrilled that you will be coming back to us soon. In the meantime, I wish you a pleasant trip to our sister property in Sentosa / Singapore.

Knuth Kiefer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

when we arrived they couldnt find our booking and then told us that the rate we had booked was for room only when clearly it showed on our print out, it was for buffet breakfast included. having survived that we then couldnt get hot water in our shower, gerry the manager then became involved and made things right by giving us an upgrade to a suite with beautiful views which made our six day stay very pleasant. the hotel has an excellent location and has a shuttle into cebu to two different shopping malls. the staff are very friendly in fact they seem genuinely interested in talking to you. the buffet breakfast although adequate was slanted towards korean tastes as they had large numbers of koreans staying there. we had several dinners a la carte and enjoyed these meals.

Room Tip: get a room with ocean views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barry c
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I am glad to read that we have recovered the initial negative impression upon your arrival at the hotel. Needless to say, such problems should not have occurred and we will look into this to improve our services in those areas. I am however happy that our employees have stood out as genuinely friendly and engaging, which I believe is our greatest asset in our hotel.
I hope we have a chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Normally i always stay at shangri-la and wanted to try something new.
Never again....
Poor service.
Rude management.
Half the falicites are run down.
When i complained some f&b director had the nerve to tell me to be more understanding as they just re-opened and not everything was perfect yet..

My suggestion if your not ready. Dont open...

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Hugs198
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I would like to apologize for not providing you with the experience you expected from us.
I was surprised though that you mentioned that half of our facilities were “run down” ,considering that all our are facilities were renovated very recently. This being the case, I would like to invite you to personally contact me at my email address: Knuth.kiefer@moevenpick.com to provide me with some further details as it is important for me to know where we fell short in order to do better for the future.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

For those who want a beach resort, and intend to spend time on the beach and doing sea sports, this would be a perfect getaway. Tucked in the corner of Mactan Island, off Cebu City, it's great for just relaxing and fun in the sun. However, it is quite a distance off the city, and will require some time to get to and fro if you want to head into town for some shopping and food. Ambiance is nice and scenery is good, overall pretty decent and quiet. Not much activities or shops around the hotel, but lots of beach side sea sports activities nearby e.g. snorkeling, island hopping. Not that cheap, paid PHP21k, S$645 (USD$515) for 3 nights, including breakfast for 2.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I thank you for pointing out the variety of water sports options at our hotel as well as the relaxing atmosphere. While your comments were generally positive, your marks indicate to me that you were not entirely happy with your stay, possibly due to the lack of restaurants and shops outside the hotel? I was surprised though that you pointed out the distance to the city as the Cebu City center can be reached within 30 minutes from our hotel, which is actually a unique feature of the resorts in Mactan, being tropical beach resorts, plus having the conveniences of a large city nearby.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was comtemplating between Shangrila Mactan Hotel and this hotel, but alas, we decided to go with this. I am glad to say that it turn out to be much better than expected! It's a really big hotel, well equipped with all amenities and facilities. Our room was huge and comfy, with a nice little balcony( partial seaview), and a big bathroom as well! Staff were all very customer service oriented, professional and ever ready to serve. Love the little private beach where you can just bask under the sun whole day . Alternatively there's a pool that you can choose to chill out too which opens till late night.
The only downside is the wifi service. No wifi access in the room, and only available in the lounge and lobby. Not exactly a big problem, but it will be great if they can have wifi access throughout the entire hotel.
Food selection for buffet( breakfast/lunch/dinner)are somewhat limited, but quality is there.
Movenpick ice cream is tooooooooooooo good, but pricey too, and the portion are small.
Other than that, I would love to come back again in the near future. Great customer service ,awesome place to stay...highly recommended! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shoto
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I thank you for taking your time and share your impressions on our hotel here on Tripadvisor.
I am obviously thrilled that we have left you with such positive memories of your stay. I am especially glad that you pointed out the helpfulness and courtesy of our team members.

In regards to your comment on the wireless internet access in the hotel, we are currently in the process to cover the entire hotel and resort area with wife internet access. For now, the lobby and restaurant already feature wifi access and we provide also wireless internet routers for our guest rooms on request, I apologize that that this service apparently was not offered to you.
I hope your future travel plans will bring you back for a second visit to us.

Legazpi, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Before booking this hotel, I was choosing between Shangrila Mactan and Moevenpick Hotel. It was then when I thought that seeing Shangrila Mactan for the 3rd or 4th time, made me think to choose Movenpick instead. And Indeed I made the best choice.

Movenpick is indeed different from any other resorts in Punta Engano in Mactan as this Hotel / resort exudes "avant-garde" experience in terms of its design and facilities. Previously franchised and named as the Hilton in Cebu , this hotel/resort has undergone renovation last year and did well in upgrading its facilities. Though I have to admit that there are still some other major renovations to be done, but in general, I cant complain much.

We traveled as a family (total of 5-members including myself) and we got two rooms with king size beds and a breath-taking scene that is overlooking the sea!! Our rooms 1802 and 1803 are just next to each other making it easy for us to visit each other whenever necessary. Both our rooms have this balcony that overlooks the sea and the pool area below us! Moreso, the IBIZA bar can be seen from our room and at night time you get to see the beautiful landscape below with colorful lights!

The rooms are big (ours was bigger --room 1803 than 1802) and the bathroom was surprisingly big too!! The rooms which we had were well appointed except that our room has some aircon problem but was resolved so quickly that we get to enjoy it the rest of our stay. We stayed for 4-days and 3-nights here and we can truly say that we really had a great time.

The pool was nicely designed and chaise lounges were so comfortable that taking a nap can be made anytime of the day!!

The hotel staffs are exceptionally courteous and kind. We were truly impressed by how these staffs managed to make your stay a very pleasant one. Its above expectations!

In our 4-days 3-nights stay, we managed to enjoy every possible facilities they have. The pool, the restaurants, the bars, the garden -- but just didnt got the chance to experience their spa (which I now regret). But being in this resort is like taking away your worries as the entire resort is so relaxing and calls for you to totally unwind and embrace a totally different great experience.

Have a great stay at this hotel!!

Room Tip: Get a room with sea view!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Ricoy
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I was happy to read your positive review and I am glad that you have had such an enjoyable stay.
It is nice to know that our new look and concepts have made the desired impression on you and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon, during which time, you may also want to try out our excellent Spa at the hotel.

Please feel free to contact me in case I can be of any assistance.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience on this website

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the old Hilton which has been remodeled and the rooms should be all done. The rooms-I was in a 2 bedroom suite which was awesome-comfortable and well detailed. The service, staff and responsiveness to the local environments are also above expectations. The prices even for Cebu were higher than the Hilton was and the portions of food and presentation was average. If you want to eat there it is an option but much better ones are in Cebu City.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom Suites top floors and the presidential suite is also a great option.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank John M
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I would like to thank you for your positive marks on our hotel based on your recent stay.
I certainly shall look into your comments about our food presentations and portions as we always aim to improve further.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the very near future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any future assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,039 reviews

Been to Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!