Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
$82
$78
Dee Guesthouse(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
$16
Goldberry Suites & Hotel(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
$76
$55
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
$42
$39
$70
$62
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
$40
  • Pool
$311
$279
2,684 results
All reviewsibiza beach clubmovenpick hotelsails restaurantchurrascothe executive loungemactan islandbedroom suiteprivate beachocean viewbreakfast buffetnice beachupon checkchopardjerryforumtoiletriesphilippines
Reviewed March 17, 2013

For those who want a beach resort, and intend to spend time on the beach and doing sea sports, this would be a perfect getaway. Tucked in the corner of Mactan Island, off Cebu City, it's great for just relaxing and fun in the sun. However, it is quite a distance off the city, and will require some time to get to and fro if you want to head into town for some shopping and food. Ambiance is nice and scenery is good, overall pretty decent and quiet. Not much activities or shops around the hotel, but lots of beach side sea sports activities nearby e.g. snorkeling, island hopping. Not that cheap, paid PHP21k, S$645 (USD$515) for 3 nights, including breakfast for 2.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I thank you for pointing out the variety of water sports options at our hotel as well as the relaxing atmosphere. While your comments were generally positive, your marks indicate to me that you were not entirely happy with your stay, possibly due to the lack of restaurants and shops outside the hotel? I was surprised though that you pointed out the distance to the city as the Cebu City center can be reached within 30 minutes from our hotel, which is actually a unique feature of the resorts in Mactan, being tropical beach resorts, plus having the conveniences of a large city nearby.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was comtemplating between Shangrila Mactan Hotel and this hotel, but alas, we decided to go with this. I am glad to say that it turn out to be much better than expected! It's a really big hotel, well equipped with all amenities and facilities. Our room was huge and comfy, with a nice little balcony( partial seaview), and a big bathroom as well! Staff were all very customer service oriented, professional and ever ready to serve. Love the little private beach where you can just bask under the sun whole day . Alternatively there's a pool that you can choose to chill out too which opens till late night.
The only downside is the wifi service. No wifi access in the room, and only available in the lounge and lobby. Not exactly a big problem, but it will be great if they can have wifi access throughout the entire hotel.
Food selection for buffet( breakfast/lunch/dinner)are somewhat limited, but quality is there.
Movenpick ice cream is tooooooooooooo good, but pricey too, and the portion are small.
Other than that, I would love to come back again in the near future. Great customer service ,awesome place to stay...highly recommended! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shoto
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

I thank you for taking your time and share your impressions on our hotel here on Tripadvisor.
I am obviously thrilled that we have left you with such positive memories of your stay. I am especially glad that you pointed out the helpfulness and courtesy of our team members.

In regards to your comment on the wireless internet access in the hotel, we are currently in the process to cover the entire hotel and resort area with wife internet access. For now, the lobby and restaurant already feature wifi access and we provide also wireless internet routers for our guest rooms on request, I apologize that that this service apparently was not offered to you.
I hope your future travel plans will bring you back for a second visit to us.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Before booking this hotel, I was choosing between Shangrila Mactan and Moevenpick Hotel. It was then when I thought that seeing Shangrila Mactan for the 3rd or 4th time, made me think to choose Movenpick instead. And Indeed I made the best choice.

Movenpick is indeed different from any other resorts in Punta Engano in Mactan as this Hotel / resort exudes "avant-garde" experience in terms of its design and facilities. Previously franchised and named as the Hilton in Cebu , this hotel/resort has undergone renovation last year and did well in upgrading its facilities. Though I have to admit that there are still some other major renovations to be done, but in general, I cant complain much.

We traveled as a family (total of 5-members including myself) and we got two rooms with king size beds and a breath-taking scene that is overlooking the sea!! Our rooms 1802 and 1803 are just next to each other making it easy for us to visit each other whenever necessary. Both our rooms have this balcony that overlooks the sea and the pool area below us! Moreso, the IBIZA bar can be seen from our room and at night time you get to see the beautiful landscape below with colorful lights!

The rooms are big (ours was bigger --room 1803 than 1802) and the bathroom was surprisingly big too!! The rooms which we had were well appointed except that our room has some aircon problem but was resolved so quickly that we get to enjoy it the rest of our stay. We stayed for 4-days and 3-nights here and we can truly say that we really had a great time.

The pool was nicely designed and chaise lounges were so comfortable that taking a nap can be made anytime of the day!!

The hotel staffs are exceptionally courteous and kind. We were truly impressed by how these staffs managed to make your stay a very pleasant one. Its above expectations!

In our 4-days 3-nights stay, we managed to enjoy every possible facilities they have. The pool, the restaurants, the bars, the garden -- but just didnt got the chance to experience their spa (which I now regret). But being in this resort is like taking away your worries as the entire resort is so relaxing and calls for you to totally unwind and embrace a totally different great experience.

Have a great stay at this hotel!!

Room Tip: Get a room with sea view!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Ricoy
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I was happy to read your positive review and I am glad that you have had such an enjoyable stay.
It is nice to know that our new look and concepts have made the desired impression on you and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon, during which time, you may also want to try out our excellent Spa at the hotel.

Please feel free to contact me in case I can be of any assistance.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience on this website

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the old Hilton which has been remodeled and the rooms should be all done. The rooms-I was in a 2 bedroom suite which was awesome-comfortable and well detailed. The service, staff and responsiveness to the local environments are also above expectations. The prices even for Cebu were higher than the Hilton was and the portions of food and presentation was average. If you want to eat there it is an option but much better ones are in Cebu City.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom Suites top floors and the presidential suite is also a great option.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank John M
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I would like to thank you for your positive marks on our hotel based on your recent stay.
I certainly shall look into your comments about our food presentations and portions as we always aim to improve further.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the very near future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any future assistance.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have just returned from a 5 day family stay. I have mixed reviews to share about the hotel, so here are my honest personal observations and comments.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was recently and nicely renovated and had a lovely spacious lounge with a small balcony, however for some strange reason they haven't updated the cobalt blue tiled bathrooms - weird?
Having two older children including a teenager, internet and WiFi is critical on our holidays!! This was a big problem during our stay as WiFi is only available in the lobby, not in the restaurants, nor by the pool/beach area and was totally unreliable in the suite. We also had no TV reception for the last day or so of our stay
Overall, we found the food was very average both in terms of variety and taste. The breakfast buffet caters to the very dominant Korean clientele so if you like Kimchi for breakfast, this is your hotel!! The cereals were stale each day, limited fresh fruit and no scrambled eggs, baked beans or grilled tomatoes to be found!!! The hotel doesnt have a kids menu and the food on the main menu didnt appeal to them at all. I think my kids survived on french fries and waffles (which were excellent by the way!) and the hotel's convenience store crisps etc. Weird thing was, we were told by the pool staff we couldnt eat or drink these by the hotel pool? On one occasion I had to send my son's lunch back three times when it continued to arrive covered in garlic.

The (very cold) pool is small with limited number of sun beds. When the hotel is full, it would be impossible to secure a sun bed. The music drives you insane and beware, the pool is in full shade in the afternoon, so the beach is the best option. Whilst we were sitting there, there was continual wafts of what I can only describe as 'rotten egg gas' down by the pool and the garden/beach area. I honestly dont know what it was (I asked the staff a number of times) but I always had to get up and move, it was that offensive.

We took a day trip snorkelling organised by the hotel tour office. The tour guys turned up with snorkelling equipment that should have been thrown out years ago. It was unhygienic and disgusting and we refused to leave until they were replaced. The trip itself was a disappointment too. We were supposed to go snorkelling near a particular island. It turned out that was a small area under the boat wharf that was packed with boats and people. We ended up snorkelling in the open water. Lunch was at a revolting 'seafood restaurant' over stilts. The place was unsanitary and the food awful. ( refer to the photos)We decided to return back to the hotel early.

So what did we like about the Movenpick?

The staff - very friendly and eager to please. They just need more training and experience to handle complaints and take initiative. For example, at one dinner, they served me a glass of red wine that was 'off.' The waiter told me it had been opened for 3 days and asked me if he should serve me a new bottle?!! That being said, when I came up in welts all over my legs after the snorkelling trip, the staff were so kind and came and helped me apply ointment.

The spa is FANTASTIC. I cannot praise the staff highly enough, particularly Gaia and Jenna. They were all professional, competent, skilled and lovely to deal with and all members of our family enjoyed fabulous 'great value' treatments ranging from foot massages to body massages, to facials and floral baths. They were particularly kind to my daughter who had a fantastic time there. Thank you ladies. You made our holiday special.

The entertainment in the evening down at the bar area was fabulous too. We went three nights out of the 5 nights we were there and had a great time.

The gym is also fantastic - large and full of high quality brand new equipment. Situated in a weird location - an 'unused' building across from the main hotel but excellent all the same.
My daughter loved the beach aerobics every afternoon - did feel a little like we were at Club Med but I wonder if thats the style/feel of hotel the Movenpick is aiming for?
The scheduled kids activities were also very well managed, even though there is no kids club as such.
Is the Movenpick a 5 star hotel? -Not yet in my opinion. We have stayed in the Shangri-la in Cebu and the Movenpick is just not at the same standard. Having said that, if we ever visit Cebu again, we would definitely go visit their Spa!!

Room Tip: We were in a corner room on a high level of the hotel and whilst the view was nice, the sound of the wind whistling all night was very disconcerting. I would go for a room in the middle at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank spoonos65
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

I would like to sincerely thank you for the detailed and constructive review of our property based on your recent stay with us. I am very grateful for the feedback received as this enables us to improve further.

I would like to inform you that I have already adjusted the music and volume of the music around the pool and the public areas to ensure guests can have a relaxing time while still offering ambience music for those who prefer this. The beach and garden areas are now completely without background music to create an area of relaxation.

I appreciate you pointing out the unavailability of a kids menu, something we are currently working on and which will be implemented in the near future. I fully agree with you that this is important, particularly as we serve a lot of families with children.
I was a bit surprised about your comment about the breakfast though as we are offering a wide selection of Asian as well as western choices, plus an egg station where we freshly prepare any styles of eggs based on the preference of our guests. I apologize that this was obviously not properly communicated to you by our employees in the restaurant.

I am sorry to read about your experience during your island hopping tour. While the hotel is not operating those tours but goes through a local provider, we certainly will bring this to their attention to ensure to improve on the equipment as we ll as the selection of their restaurants for lunch.

I am glad to read though that you appreciated the friendliness of our employees as well as the varied entertainment programs we offer at our Ibiza Beach Club as well as the children’s entertainment. I shall also convey your compliments to our team at the Spa, who stood out in your experience with us.

I do hope that you will give our hotel another try on a future visit to Cebu and I would be happy to assist you personally with the arrangements, so please contact me directly if you may consider to return.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow travelers. The information provided is certainly of great help to me and my team.