Plantation Bay Resort And Spa
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
$106
$100
$78
$59
Agoda.com
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
$88
$82
$142
$88
Agoda.com
Goldberry Suites & Hotel(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
$50
Agoda.com
Chambre Hotel Mactan(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
$27
$26
Hotels.com
  • Pool
1,954 results
All reviewsno tipping policysalt waterwall climbingfiji restaurantlagoon sidesavannah grillmogambo springskilimanjaro cafefiring rangewater poolsman made lagoonlagoon view roomswim up barpaddle boardingpoolside roomgames roomday trippers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2007

stayed in Plantation bay from May 23 to May 26,2007. My 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son really enjoyed the salt water lagoon. We stayed in the lagoon side. Both my kids enjoyed playing in the sand and swimming in the lagoon.
However, their room rates are very expensive and you dont get the value for your money. Their rates are more expensive than the 5 star hotels in Manila. Eating in their restaurants are expensive also and not so good. We tried eating outside the resort for a much cheaper price and the food was much better.
I dont mind paying more as long as you get the value for what you pay for.
I also checked out Shangri la Mactan on our last night and it turned out to be much better. A bit more expensive but with all their complimentaries in their package it will come out to be cheaper. I will definitely recommend Shangri la to those who want to visit Cebu. You will really get what you pay for.

Stayed: May 2007
5  Thank maniladentist
Reviewed May 20, 2007

plantation bay is the place to stay for people who want to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the usual vacation. in short, if one wants to hide and just rest, this is the place to book. if one wants to go shop or tour other areas of cebu, then this is not the place as it is located far from the market area. there are cars for rent for people who might want to shop and buy lechon de cebu. (i think they can even buy it for you at a certain price, of course)

but since i wanted to rest, i opted for plantation bay.

first, there really is a no tipping policy. the staff will run after you to give you back any left over coins you might have left either intentionally or unntentionally. they're all accomodating and will speak to you in english.

second, there's water all over the place so cooling off is not a problem. however, if you're looking for the beach, this is not it althought they do have provisions for diving. the human-made lagoons, however, make up for this. since 90% of the lagoons are three feet in depth or even shallower, kids were confident to swim.

third, the rooms are spacious and do give a view of the lagoons. the beds are wide enough and the airconditioning units are functioning well.

fourth, the food is pricey but one of the restaurants (the one in a lagoon) serves the best choices.

fifth, one can hitch a ride in a golf cart transformed into a jeep. there's even the calesa that can take you around the resort.

although, a bit pricey compared to other resorts, plantation bay is really worth every cent. as far as the internet photos are concerned, they'll not do justice to the simple beauty of the place. also, do remember that plantation bay has been around for sometime so do not expect a resort where every inch is new.

yes, i'll be back. i've yet to experience the "spa" part of this resort.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank coolclam
Reviewed May 17, 2007

very, very good service! a friend lost 3Tpesos but later found by one of the staffs. Unbelievable! but internet pictures are alot better than what you see in reality. Great service, nontheless!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank cyrillota
Reviewed May 13, 2007

A beautiful resort with a great lagoon meandering throughout. We stayed in an upstairs room overlooking the lagoons. The food was great just as wel as there are no other places in this area to eat. One need not set foot off outside the resort. A bit of bad luck having a family with kids next to us and 5am noise isn't great. Buffet breakfast is great and many themed nights for dinners. Service was excellent. A great honeymon option or romantic getaway. Kids and teens wouldf also love this place too.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KristyA
Reviewed May 5, 2007

I booked through internet for a Lagoonside and a clubroom for dates April 27-29. The clubroom states that they have 2 queen size beds and 2 bunk beds. But when we checked in, the clubroom only had 2 queen sized beds. I checked with the people at the desk and they told me they have no more rooms. I let that night pass by. But then for Sunday April 29, I was expecting more company that we booked (a few months early) for another 2 Clubrooms since there will be 12 of us (6 in each room). That morning, I specifically told the desk to make sure that I have the bunk beds and they assured me there will be. But it turned out that the 2 clubrooms (supposedly with bunk beds) are not available.I was furious with the way they advertised this in the internet. So I asked them to just extend my stay in one of the Lagoonside and still take 2 of the Clubrooms. They said "were booked to capacity, mam." So I asked for a room that would accomodate 12 people and they gave me the 2 room suite in lieu of the clubrooms. It turned out the 2 room suite could only accomodate 2 families and I ended up taking the other clubroom. I did not get into the 2 room suite till 5 pm but they let us stay while we wait for our room at our old Lagoonview room of which turned out that it was not really occupied-in short they lied to us. I saw our old Lagoonview room empty that morning when I passed by. As I checked out that morning, I found out my bill was $800++. Though the 2 room suite could have only been $300++ and I only had a bill for P1600 and P3000++ charged in my room. They have very poor service. They did not even offer to upgrade our room due to their "deceitful advertising." I would not ever recommend this place nor would even come back here. They have good activities though. But we still need good service here. 2 days prior to me checking in at Plantation Bay, I was at Shangrila Resort in Mactan,Cebu. I was very pleased with their service. Though pricey, I did not regret staying there. I did not care about tipping because its all worth it. Plantation Bay has no tipping policy but with "service charges" they really kill you with that. Check next time you check out...

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family