“Plantation Bay”

Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Dublin
“Plantation Bay”
Reviewed October 4, 2008

Plantation Bay is a great resort. We stayed there four times over the last 6 years and got married there ! 4/5 restaurants offering different food types. The staff are good and friendly. We hope to return there in the near future.

mark/anette

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Jerryane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Although its a bit pricey, but the property is beautiful. Very quiet and charming place...wonderful service from the staff. Its especially pretty at night..

There is a band which plays beside the pool at night and they serve drinks as well.

Rooms are good and clean, with great views of the man-made lagoon.

Its a good resort for couples..

• Liked — The privacy
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chryssy
LA
Reviewed October 1, 2008

We are frequent travellers and I have always been intrigued of Cebu, Philippines' 5-star hotels and white pristine beaches so I checked on different websites of cebu hotels and it was this hotel that caught my attention. Plantation Bay has a beautifully laid out website and is honest enough to say that their lagoons are manmade. To the people who are posting their reviews of the hotel here saying that the pools are fake, you don't know what you're saying! Plantation Bay's website says it all that they have manmade pools, etc. In fairness to the hotel, the manmade lagoons are perfectly done, bravo! My spouse and I enjoyed our stay here except for the service we experienced in the coffee shop where 1 waiter forgot to place our orders and we waited for almost an hour, a lady manager named Rochel must have noticed our situation and came to the rescue, she was very helpful and pleasant, gave us food immediately after knowing that our orders were delayed, etc. Anyway, it was handled well so kudos to Rochel, she's an asset to this hotel.
Aside from the delayed food order that was handled well, the rooms didn't have toothbrush, toothpaste, no slippers, nothing! This hotel is claiming 5-star but they're not, except for their people.
After our stay in this "5-star" Plantation Bay, we checked out Shangrila hotel. This hotel is indeed 5-star unlike what Plantation Bay is claiming. Shangrila has good facilities, their Chi Spa is tops! Rooms are elegant though staff servcie is nothing compared to Plantation Bay in general.
When we come back here in Cebu, we will definitely stay in Shangrila! The true 5-star hotel!

• Liked — service people
  • Disliked — facilities
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tripadLa
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 21, 2008

The Plantation Bay is an entirely man-made resort on Mactan. There's nowhere around it you can visit without taking a taxi, so you're pretty much locked into the resort and the whopping mark-up they charge. A coke outside - 10 pesos; a coke inside - 100 pesos. Etc.

That's pretty normal for resorts and would be fine if the resort was worth it. But this one isn't. It's pretty tired, if not to say tatty, and the big pools are all rather dirty. Some serious re-decorating and better daily upkeep is called for.

The one positive - the staff are very friendly, reflecting the naturally gregarious and cheerful Pinoy character.

But overall, there's not enough atmosphere to make this a special resort; not enough local character to make it representative of the Philippines; and so the place falls between 2 stools...

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Poor value (Price divided by quality)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank mrcox79
california//cebu
Reviewed September 16, 2008

This place is WONDERFUL! =) the resort is very very very big ! the time when my family and I went there the hotel was almost fully booked but since the resort is so big everyone was spreaded out and were never clustered together! very nice, especially at night, the lights and all gives the place a very romantic ambience. The staff were very great and helpful.
The Spa is amazing! I'd give this resort 6 stars if i could hehe
water sports are available as well... kayaks and other stuff for affordable prices!

• Liked — everything!
  • Disliked — can't think of any.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ellaaaaa
Monte Carlo
Reviewed September 13, 2008

I had booked this Hotel after viewing their website, when I made the reservation I was informed about a free shuttle service from/to the Airport to the Hotel, when my Wife and I finally after a long flight journey arrived at Cebu airport we where welcomed by a member of the Hotel and informed to just sit at their lounge as he would arrange the shuttle for us to go to the Hotel 30 min later finally we got into the shuttle and left to the Hotel, once there staff was not really friendly at reception and told us that we are to early and that the check-in time is at 12-00 and therefore they will not give us the room (we arrived at 10-00am to the Hotel), I ask the reception lady if it would be possible to leave the luggage at concierge in order for us to go for breakfast and when the room was available to advise us. The receptionist than left for few minutes came back and told us “if you really want to have breakfast you have to pay”, I thought I did not understand I looked at my wife and she confirmed that I had understood correctly (I was not impressed as this never happen to me before), we finally managed to enter the resort and go for some food. At around 13.00 they informed us that the room was ready, once reached the room which was a nice $ 250++ totally not worth it (shower and bath tab dirty, sealing fan was not working and more…), I informed the front office about the status of the room and got requested to wait as they would send somebody to check, after 1 hr one lady came and ask us if we wonted to change room as she has been informed that we don’t like the room (I guess that if you book a vacation at a 5* Hotel with 5* price you would actually expect a 5* room don’t you??) after been transferred to an other room, we decided to relax around the pool which was great, in the evening we wanted to join the theme party at the beach unfortunately we reached to late (the information in the room was written dinner would finish at 22.00) we arrived at 21.00 we ask the waiter if we could have some food as the buffet was empty and he told us no food sorry, I could again not believe where we had end up, following day we had more bad experiences with this unfriendly staff, therefore I requested to check out earlier than I had planed, on my bill I found the transportation charges from the airport, when I requested clarification I have been told that I just need to pay as I had used the transportation after 30 minutes of negotiation with the front Office finally they agreed to remove this charge.
We stay in 5* Hotels quite frequently and had never experienced such a unprofessional treatment, and this Resort is far overpriced (when you are lucky to get food)
In Cebu there are much better Hotels and some real 5* Hotels with outstanding Services

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Room Dirty, Unfriendly staff, far to over priced
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
7 Thank lontrarai
nicosia
Reviewed August 31, 2008

some little thinks you see in other 5 star hotels are missing . like toothpaste toothbrush slippers bathrobe BUT on the other hand rooms are big nice view very clean and i reccomend this resort to everybody. great stuff great restaurants great pools and lagoons and too many activities to spent your day if you can get yourself out of the pools.

• Liked — its one of the many pools that is open 22 hours . everyday 2 hours cleaning 7pm-9pm and then ...............
  • Disliked — some overprice products at the souvenir shop ( jamaica market )
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City

Been to Plantation Bay Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!