When I was looking at this resort's website, it didn't look very flash, picked up from the airport by hotel staff and the journey to the resort did not seem to be in a very good area. Narrow roads, some flooded and traffic from the nearby school didn't give a good impression, all this changed once we arrived at the resort. We were met by a fresh breeze and a view of the lagoon, check in was precise and painless and ushered to our room in a buggy.
I need to mention this is a no tipping hotel, after staying in many hotels in Philippines it was a hard habit to kick, especially when the staff have great initiative at making your stay a pleasant one. There was a complimentary basket of local snack foods and large bottles of water. Shortly after arriving at the room there was a door knock, a staff member had brought extra towels, slippers and bottles of water for the one extra person staying in our room. The room is for 2 pax and any additional persons in the room is an extra charge.
The room was very spacious, two queen sized beds were in the pool side room we booked. The bathroom had a shower and a separate sitting bathtub which is very relaxing, more than the normal bath tub.
There are 3 restaurants at this resort, the main one is open 24hrs and is in the middle of the lagoon. The servings are large and was of great quality, there was nothing average or plain on the menu.
I did not get to explore the resort in full but from memory there were plenty of activities to be enjoyed such as; Tennis Court, Gun Range, Bicycling, Kayaking, Stand Up Paddle Board, Jet Ski, Karaoke, Arcade, In pool playgrounds and a diving area. That was only what I saw, but I'm sure theres much more to see and do.
There are endless things to see and do around Mactan but metered taxi's are sometimes rare and come by chance, the hotel offers their own taxi service which comes at a reasonable charge. Our driver was professional and friendly, we ventured from Mactan shrine to SM City Cebu and other hotspots along the way. Our driver would drop us off and wait outside for us to go to the next place.
This is a great resort, there are countless pools, a lagoon and a small private beach. Although it has many rooms and caters to alot of people, theres never a place that's too crowded, a very relaxing atmosphere.
The only downside to this resort is its location. It take approximately an hour, depending on traffic from SM, but you would stay at this resort to relax and enjoy, not to just use it for sleeping. I have already organised to stay here again, it was an awesome relaxing stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island