Stayed in this resort hotel with my wife and 2 kids aged 7 and 12. It's around 30-45 minutes drive from the airport. The hotel provide free airport pick up. Make sure to notify the hotel in advance. In the airport, just approach the hotel staff carrying the hotel signboard to arrange your transport.
Check-in is fast and OK. The layout of the resort is great, it has a tiny beach front (not that great, anyway, the lagoons are much better), and lots of saltwater lagoons and fresh water pools. The rooms are located along the perimeter of the lagoons. There is a man made sand bar in the middle of the lagoon.
There are lots of activities that can be done in the resort and outside the resort. From tennis, wall climbing, diving, para sailing, slides, fishing, diving, etc. There's a place dedicated for spa/massage enthusiast. There are also indoor activities area for pool, darts, video games, gym, etc.
There are 4? restaurants to choose from, food and serving size is OK considering the price. For those who wants to feast, there are different themes for lunch and dinner buffet at a very reasonable price.
The rooms are ok, but there are small signs that it needs maintenance. I was surprise that the ref is empty. The beds and linens are soft and clean. The bath room is large with small bath tubs. Basic toiletries are provided.
Beach/pool towels are readily available along strategic places but with strict accountability on your end.
In all, it's a unique and great experience to stay in this resort. The layout, the room setting (beside the lagoon where you can dip anytime) is exceptional. As you enjoy your stay, you get this feeling that this resort can still level up and give more satisfaction and excitement
Lastly, hotel staffs try their best to make you feel welcome but you can notice it needs extra effort for them to do it. Usually this comes naturally in other hotels. Probably the "no tipping policy" dampen the spirit of the staffs? On the side of us guest, the this policy is great but we don't mind tipping for an excellent job.
We will definitely go back from time to time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island