I can't believe you flagged this review which is 100% honest. Posting this again.
While I honestly enjoyed the archery and firing range (only because it was my first time), I find Plantation Bay totally not worth the cost. This is an old resort but it's not an excuse, really.
For $200/night I expected the following:
1. More decent toiletries and whatnots: No complimentary toothbrush, toothpaste, slippers, newspaper.
2. Cleaning of room: We have to request for it? Really? Isn't room servicing SOP? Not even cleaning out an ashtray?
3. Minibar: Sure there was a fridge with ONLY a complimentary 1 liter of water.
4. Clean and modern rooms & AC unit: If you're sensitive to dust, don't bother. Room is stuffy, books and magazines were so dusty.
5. Not have a problem with dining. Fully booked resort, nowhere to eat. I was not informed that a guest should make prior reservations for dinner even after asking the lady at the reception.
Yes the staff were friendly and tried to be helpful. They even bow, a lot, which they should not do. Filipinos don't bow. Stop serving too much kimchi and trying to please your Korean and Japanese guests much more than the locals. We pay as much or maybe even more than they do.
Plantation Bay is far from civilization, has expensive food and massage services.
I don't understand how this place won the 2013 Traveler's Choice award. If you really want to visit this place, stay for an entire day then go home or transfer the next day. Maybe it will be a lot better if they cut all their prices in half. I don't really know what the $200 is for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island