Well done, Plantation Bay resort and spa.
The holiday for me n my friends was a short weekend get away. You all did a very amazing job, starting from the arrival at the airport till the day we checked out.
We arrived at airport on Thursday, 08.08.13, and were picked up by your friendly airport representative with a great smile and the uniform he was in made him stood out from the rest.
The car journey was quick, however we noticed slightly before arriving at the hotel, the village view outside the hotel looks a little demoralizing.
We arrived in the hotel but skipped the lobby / reception and was driver directly to a unit UT3 (if I'm not wrong). Overwhelming warm welcome by 4 staffs, made us feel like we were very important people, but all 4 of us was dressed down. We were clearly explained that the our booked Riverboat suite is currently in the midst of cleaning and was not ready for us hence we were provided with this temporarily holding room to relax meanwhile.
We walked around the resort to see what's around us and we quickly noticed that we are actually being caved into this "man-made" island resort that had walls so high that they have built to block out the "unglamorous" sight of the village outside , feels like Jurassic Park, without the dinosaurs but a beautiful resort style.
We got out keys to out River Boat suite shortly, and we were overly excited to see the opened air living room faces the saltwater pool and the surroundings of the whole area was Water and sand. It mimic very very well of a Sea front facing bungalow unit. It's was weird at the start, for some of my friends as they thought it was suppose to be a real sea front, (perception derived from photos online)
Kudos to the concept. Love that its like a "manmade island" surrounded by sand and sea water without the waves, BUT there was tide, the water in the pool in from of our RB rises and falls... Which was pretty amazing.
The living room was huge n comfy, including 3 deck chairs on the private tanning platform. Sometimes though they got hijacked by other user even though these were private ones for us.
The bedrooms and bathrooms was very big. Comfy and nice. Aircon in room wasn't too cold but fortunately it came with ceiling fan in all bedrooms.
We dined in some of your outlets, like Savannah grill for late lunch, (feedback : we think the sausage buns were slightly overpriced).
We had Fiji for dinner, it was amazing, and the Seafood platter was delicious and definately value for money. We had our last meal at Kilimanjaro cafe, before check out. Overall dining experience were excellent.
2 of us went for a Spa relaxation indulgence package for a 2 hours enjoyment (09.08.13, 1600hrs). I highly recommend the spa to provide some proper Spa music, relaxing ones (flutes, water, birds kind of music). I was into my first hour of relaxation, but the speaker in the treatment room burst out Beethoven music blasting in the room, gave me a shock, I'm sure many of us must have been disturb by that uncalled for music.
It's been a pleasure staying at your resort, your staff are your gems, they smile, they are young and energetic and they are so honest about the No tipping policy. This resort is a beauty of its own.
Forget abt the view of the outside village, be forgiving about beatiful resort style small private real Sea and beach front that allows you to do sea sport. This resort I agree has everything built-in within the resort. It is a beautiful place, though man made, but certainly everyone would appreciates the concept and design that was factor in building this "Man Made Island".
I look forward seeing you soon again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island